trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trap Collector Forum
9 minutes ago
They started stamping the V in 1909 and yes yours is a victor trap. The trap has one original chain link. Date is probably from 1890’s. The humped cross pan attachment was post 1900, yours is the earlier version.
1 25 Read More
Trapper Talk
14 minutes ago
After that say "beat down in coldspring " and see what comes up.....
49 1,764 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
The sounds of a serious cat fight in the middle of the night is enough to raise the dead!
7 480 Read More
Trapper Talk
17 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
42 1,204 Read More
Trapper Talk
18 minutes ago
… whatever you do ….don’t say “yessir and leftlane “ into it

… maybe it was just glitch or something?

[Linked Image]
49 1,764 Read More
Trapping Only
21 minutes ago
If the furs good definitely, rats are easy to skin, flesh and put up. Only take a few minutes.
3 169 Read More
Trapper Talk
25 minutes ago
Well done, Bruce. That's a nice pile of horns you have.
2 267 Read More
Trapper Talk
26 minutes ago
Originally Posted by warrior
Welcome to my world. Unless it's a subdivision pond all of mine are little ditch creeks.

At least we don't have snakes!
3 147 Read More
Trapper Talk
31 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Cragar
[Linked Image]

Saw that movie when it first came out in 1973.Was supposed to take place in 2022. smile
18 321 Read More
Trapper Talk
31 minutes ago
That’s awesome!!
2 267 Read More
Trapper Talk
31 minutes ago
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Caliber?

One I swore I'd never buy grin
2 87 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
I think Bill Gates is a clone. I also think he's full of something more than crickets too.
18 321 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
No snoopy.scooter,peach,princess,lady,liz,diamond,scout,bailey,buster to name a few.
9 131 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
Caliber?
2 87 Read More
Trapper Talk
37 minutes ago
Welcome to my world. Unless it's a subdivision pond all of mine are little ditch creeks.
3 147 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
It seems like there is a disconnect between the southern hunters and northeastern ones, lol. Imagine you guys would have had a heart attack if you'd seen some of the rickety wooden stands I grew up hunting in up north. And yes, metal stands usually got hung in the early summer and left there forever. Shortly before season you'd do a scouting trip to the area and replace any straps if they'd rotted with ones you brought along for the purpose. But the stand I'm using now got 8 years out of the last set of ratchet straps staying out year around.

I bet Bruce hunts wearing a non-camo wool coat, too, lol.

New England is stuck in the 1950s as far as hunting goes, and I think it's great.
42 1,204 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
Not a horse either. Hopefully a longer range paper puncher if it shoots.
[Linked Image]

CV 600 Alpha. Got it new for a tad over four on an auction before taxes and shipping. Athlon 8x34x56 for the aimer.
Waiting for a few more parts before I start it's training. Got 5 different factory match loads to try. Start shooting as is then bed the action and retry the loads then try bedding barrel if needed then move on to handloads. Be my summer play time.
2 87 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
Belle
Rowdy
Restless
Bandit
Smokey Joe aka Smoke
Restless II
Comet
Sounder
Daisy
Brandy

Just some that I recall.
9 131 Read More
Trapper Talk
40 minutes ago
Low water has been making things tough for me too. I just set yesterday and finding enough water for a 330 to be legal or enough to drown them with a #5 has been a challenge. I am toying with a new drowner system that so far has worked pretty well in shallow water and doesn't require near as much weight to drown them.
3 147 Read More
Trapper Talk
41 minutes ago
a cat chester... he would leave in the spring and come home in fall... the kids were always excited when chester came home.one year he came home in july brought a kitten that looked just like him. a few days later he was dead in the basement i swear he knew he was dieing and brought us his offspring!! had a blue heeler pup slept with the cats to keep him warm in a old tire in the garage... come spring heat was no lomnger needed he killed all the cats...
7 480 Read More
Trapper Talk
42 minutes ago
Nope
9 131 Read More
Trapper Talk
42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 3togo
Sharon,
These people don't care about facts because they know it will not affect them in any way except make their bank accounts larger.

Your point is exactly the same for all the elites tactics for control . Spot on.
18 321 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Outstanding Pictures
49 1,764 Read More
Trapper Talk
49 minutes ago
AKAjust ,
You got my brain thinkin......

I work in a metal plating shop. One if the finishes we do is black oxide. I wonder what your traps would look like if they got black oxide first and then Speed Dip or whatever dye/paint/wax on the top coat. Black oxide will not protect from rust , so it would have to covered in something more resistant.

I would think this would be a deeper darker overall finish.

Has anyone tried this ? Or is it time for the mad scientist (me) to go to my laboratory and do some 'evil black' experiments ?

Thoughts ? Anyone ?
4 709 Read More
Trapping Only
52 minutes ago
I prefer the long light tamarack pole and slide wires,
Its nice to pull the one pole with 2 or 3 beaver beaver at the end on extended check.
40 15,028 Read More
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 166 167