Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What do you do to control stomach inflamation? [Re: Tsarevna] #2874546
12/08/11 04:45 AM
12/08/11 04:45 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline OP
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline OP
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
Thanks guys for this feedback.

I had an attack yesterday and took some Bigelow Mint Medley tea. I think it staved it off! smile Peppermint can work wonders!

I'm looking into getting the aloe and tummy tamers.

Re: What do you do to control stomach inflamation? [Re: Tsarevna] #3073377
03/13/12 07:08 PM
03/13/12 07:08 PM
Eastern Nebraska
I
igottabite Offline
trapper
igottabite  Offline
trapper
I

Eastern Nebraska
I know this is an old topic but I thought I would chime in. If your talking about heartburn, acid reflux, I have been able to go medicine free by eating a fruit yogurt cup each day for lunch or breakfast. It is not an instant remedy, usually takes two to three days to kick in but am also able to go two to three days without before the heartburn starts back up. The store brands don't seem to work as well, Activia and Yoplait work best for me.

Re: What do you do to control stomach inflamation? [Re: Tsarevna] #3124733
04/17/12 09:43 AM
04/17/12 09:43 AM
Wisconsin
Blue Eyes Offline
trapper
Blue Eyes  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Tsarevna...let me know what you find out. I have been experiencing something very similar for over a year. I had all the upper and lower GI endoscopy done, as well as an MRI of the upper abdomen. My gallbladder has been gone since 1999. They are finding nothing and treated me for H-pylori and acid reflux. (The antibiodics made my stomach hurt as much if not more.)

I recently went back to a natural path doc that I had seen a few years ago. Based on the PH tests done with saliva, I do not have acid reflux. So what we are doing now is a regimen of supplements (expensive) for balancing stomach and GI PH and flora. I continue to go gluten free in my diet, drink aloe juice everyday, eat yogurt and take ACV (apple cider vinegar). I've only been doing the supplement regimen less than a week and unfortunately still have some problems, mostly with the awful fullness feeling after eating and a pressure type feeling in my upper stomach which comes and goes. I am hoping that symptoms will improve...my logic being that it didn't take a few days to get out of whack, so it should take more than a few days to get things back to normal. My gluten free eating has been since last summer and my lower GI has improved immensely...IBS is NO fun.

I have also read that ginger and garlic are good for stomach issues as well as a certain type of licorice.

Take care....

Have a great day!

Re: What do you do to control stomach inflamation? [Re: Tsarevna] #3277032
08/16/12 04:43 PM
08/16/12 04:43 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Go gluten free for ten days. Corn and wheat products, plus dairy products, give me colon problems. When I avoid them, I get well. Wine is better than beer or booze since it is grain free.

Re: What do you do to control stomach inflamation? [Re: Tsarevna] #3313003
09/08/12 09:48 PM
09/08/12 09:48 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Buttermilk.....try it!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread