ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Respirator/Dust Mask ??? #6200658
03/27/18 07:33 AM
03/27/18 07:33 AM
Louisiana
D
dewayne Offline OP
trapper
dewayne  Offline OP
trapper
D

Louisiana
Just wondering what dust mask or respirator y’all use when going in a attic.

Re: Respirator/Dust Mask ??? [Re: dewayne] #6200736
03/27/18 09:14 AM
03/27/18 09:14 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Full or half masked, depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just checking and setting around standard batts of insul and there is some type of flooring, or exposed joists to walk on I'll go with a half mask and a hooded or long sleeve shirt. If it's blown-in insulation I will suit up in a tyvek but I have just worn hooded sweatshirts with a full face in the past. All depends on what kind of condition the Attic or space you're entering is in. Just remember to separate the mask and cartridges in seal-able bags for storage I like ziplocks for storing masks that are in use. I'd always wash the mask out before re using it and if it's just insulation you could probably reuse the cartridges. If you're dealing with droppings from pigeon, bat, mice etc I would use new filters on the next use. The 3m7500 series is by far the best model out there. jmo

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Respirator/Dust Mask ??? [Re: TDHP] #6200999
03/27/18 02:41 PM
03/27/18 02:41 PM
Louisiana
D
dewayne Offline OP
trapper
dewayne  Offline OP
trapper
D