Legislative Alerts

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers #1319966
04/24/09 05:21 PM
04/24/09 05:21 PM
PNW and Kansas, United States
S
Scapanus3 Offline OP
trapper
Scapanus3  Offline OP
trapper
S

I'd like to chat with any mole/gopher trappers about getting the carcasses for a donation to a museum for research/teaching purposes. Send me a personal message and I can explain more about what I'm doing and why, etc....

Basically, all you have to do is freeze each carcass in a plastic bag with its location and date of capture. If they aren't too rotten, then I can get a skin, skeleton, and tissue from each individual. I can arrange shipment or potentially pick them up in person.

Fyi: I'm a biologist studying gopher/moles. I've been catching pocket gophers for many years and have a little experience catching moles (Scapanus sp.). I will be collecting a handful of moles/gophers in N. California and Oregon this summer and fall, but I could use more.

Thanks for your time.

Corey
Thomomys1@yahoo.com
Scapanus3

1. "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

2. "A gopher moat will not stop a bear."
Re: N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers [Re: Scapanus3] #1319968
04/24/09 05:23 PM
04/24/09 05:23 PM
S
Scapanus3 Offline OP
trapper
Scapanus3  Offline OP
trapper
S

Sh--!

I may have posted this to the wrong section of the forum. Sorry. Rookie mistake.

1. "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Re: N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers [Re: Scapanus3] #1320052
04/24/09 06:53 PM
04/24/09 06:53 PM
S
Scapanus3 Offline OP
trapper
Scapanus3  Offline OP
trapper
S

The moderator can delete this thread as I posted it in the trapping only area of the forum.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Paul Dobbins