General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bait for Yancy's DPs [Re: ] #1466184
08/21/09 04:21 PM
08/21/09 04:21 PM
N.E Wisconsin 36
highview Offline
trapper
highview  Offline
trapper

N.E Wisconsin 36
Originally Posted By: BuckNE
I haven't seen them, but from what I've read and the pictures they look like they are flavored and scented plastic worm material. I thought that was an amazing idea. As far as making them yourself, as cheap as they are, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort to make them.

Probably not. NY is probably right too, they might make a mess. I might have to try some this year. I never had trouble catching them in a Yancy with just scented mallows but they sound kinda cool.

Re: Bait for Yancy's DPs [Re: highview] #1466231
08/21/09 04:49 PM
08/21/09 04:49 PM
South Central Nebraska age 71
tmrschessie Offline
trapper
tmrschessie  Offline
trapper

South Central Nebraska age 71
You will like em and the coon will too. The texture is enough to get the coon to grab onto the "Grabber" I have only used the raspberry "Grabber" but he odor in the trap is strong. Tom

Re: Bait for Yancy's DPs [Re: highview] #1466237
08/21/09 04:52 PM
08/21/09 04:52 PM
kansas city
K
kctrapper Offline
trapper
kctrapper  Offline
trapper
K

kansas city
The coon grabbers wil NOT melt or make a mess in the traps. They are plastic and have the same feel as a plastic fishing worm. I'd consider them a scented plastic bait. I've never tasted one, but the ozark special and rasberry ones smell good enough to eat. They will NOT freeze. If you want to try the freeze test yourself, I recommend not using the KB scented ones. There's something about predator lure smell and sausage that don't go together. LOL

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91