Water Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Setting bottom edges under bridges [Re: Oldtoolsniper] #1625545
11/30/09 05:20 PM
11/30/09 05:20 PM
Downeast, ME
3Bridger Offline
trapper
3Bridger  Offline
trapper

Downeast, ME
Interesting advice oldtoolsniper. I've never caught anything in a bottom edge set either, but I sure would like to learn how to use them. I have a hard time finding a good place for them in the streams around here, and maybe your wisdom will help.

Re: Setting bottom edges under bridges [Re: 3Bridger] #1626767
12/01/09 12:13 AM
12/01/09 12:13 AM
PA
cndgmn Offline
"Alphabet"
cndgmn  Offline
"Alphabet"

PA
Jimbo,was hoping you'd get some input from some of the bigtime minkers,which I'm not.I do catch a couple when the mood strikes me though.Several of the spots look good and could/may produce.I'd stay away from the middle.I've also had good luck with mink putting the jaws tight to the structure.Imo,a mink could go over a stake or swerve too far if its not.I like to wire my 110's to bricks and slap them in.It takes a little tinkering to find the most stable positions but it works for me.I did the platform building thing years ago and found it more trouble than what its worth,to each their own.Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91