Fur Handling Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Coon on wire stretchers? [Re: aprophet] #1675309
12/21/09 10:18 PM
12/21/09 10:18 PM
Iowa (where the tall corn grow...
D
Dave Plueger Offline
trapper
Dave Plueger  Offline
trapper
D

Iowa (where the tall corn grow...
I know this will stir some up but I have heard the largest buyer of raw fur in North America tell me many times that there is absolutely no advantage to boarding any fur bearer. This coming from someone who has sold literally millions of raw and dressed goods to foreign out lets for decades. With that much experience I'm not going to argue with him so its wire for me. No matter what you do (money cut into belly fur, pinning to gain an inch etc.) That pelt will ALWAYS return to its original length and shape when dressed. The foreign markets no this and buy accordingly.

Re: Coon on wire stretchers? [Re: Dave Plueger] #1675903
12/22/09 02:21 AM
12/22/09 02:21 AM
Kentucky
hctapper Offline OP
trapper
hctapper  Offline OP
trapper

Kentucky
Very impformative post there Mark on the beaver boarding. As far as the debate on to board or not to board fur im just interested in puttin fur up whether its wood or wire i do agree that coons on wood look alot better but im just gonna us what i have and make it look the best i can.

09-10 Totals
Muskrat-6
Coon-6
Beaver-1
Re: Coon on wire stretchers? [Re: hctapper] #1675992
12/22/09 04:45 AM
12/22/09 04:45 AM
South Central Nebraska age 71
tmrschessie Offline
trapper
tmrschessie  Offline
trapper

South Central Nebraska age 71
Here you go, this is in the archive...

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...html#Post798823

Gives a good stretch and you can use the money cut. If using plywood you may want to get a staple gun vs push pins. Tom

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91