trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2038470
06/23/10 11:28 AM
06/23/10 11:28 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
Originally Posted By: Mira Trapper
Originally Posted By: scalloper
Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
I have worked with commercial fisherman and they "ram" each other all the time out of anger fighting over the fish!

The problem with the ocean is there is NO real law or conservation taking place!Its a free for all!So i could realy care less whos getting rammed for what reason thats life at see in the lawlessness that it is!

I dont see com fishing as being lawless at all...Do was relize the fines that are aposed on fishermen for having as little as one short fish? No matter if you are one mile offshore of 199.9 miles offshore.I know guys that have had trips of scallops(25,000lbs and more) for exceding their catch by 115 lbs. Far from lawless

We have had mistakes in our fishery here in the past with over fishing but the times have greatly changed because even the greediest fishermen know that tomorrows catch depends on not over fishing today. Some share holders in the urban centers of North America who invest in the larger commercial vessels & fisheries have registered complaints but the fishery Quota's over-rule those complaints. To insinuate that the Atlantic fishery is without laws & quota systems meant to CONSERVE the fishery is wrong. We have the same type of quota & conservation targets here in Nova Scotia ,Scalloper.

I agree what we have is far from perfect I was just stating how stiff the fines are. I have been on a few advisory councils and I am still on two. Managing any fishery is a undaunting task with no clear answers most times. And then throw in politics and the fact that some will kill the last fish in the ocean and you have a undaunting task at hand.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: scalloper] #2038486
06/23/10 11:44 AM
06/23/10 11:44 AM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Originally Posted By: Mira Trapper
Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
I have worked with commercial fisherman and they "ram" each other all the time out of anger fighting over the fish!

The problem with the ocean is there is NO real law or conservation taking place!Its a free for all!So i could realy care less whos getting rammed for what reason thats life at see in the lawlessness that it is!

I dont see com fishing as being lawless at all...Do was relize the fines that are aposed on fishermen for having as little as one short fish? No matter if you are one mile offshore of 199.9 miles offshore.I know guys that have had trips of scallops(25,000lbs and more) for exceding their catch by 115 lbs. Far from lawless

We have had mistakes in our fishery here in the past with over fishing but the times have greatly changed because even the greediest fishermen know that tomorrows catch depends on not over fishing today. Some share holders in the urban centers of North America who invest in the larger commercial vessels & fisheries have registered complaints but the fishery Quota's over-rule those complaints. To insinuate that the Atlantic fishery is without laws & quota systems meant to CONSERVE the fishery is wrong. We have the same type of quota & conservation targets here in Nova Scotia ,Scalloper.

I agree what we have is far from perfect I was just stating how stiff the fines are. I have been on a few advisory councils and I am still on two. Managing any fishery is a undaunting task with no clear answers most times. And then throw in politics and the fact that some will kill the last fish in the ocean and you have a undaunting task at hand.

Keep counseling on such boards, scalloper. You have the right goals in mind and that is what means the most if you can get others to realize the same goals.

You might want to edit the UN off your daunting tasks scalloper as the UN has been known to screw up everything. Wink

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: scalloper] #2039463
06/24/10 07:09 AM
06/24/10 07:09 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
Originally Posted By: Tsarevna
Originally Posted By: Steeltrap
I hate to say this (because the French for the most part are idiots} but back in the 80's I think the French wanted to do some nuke testing in the southern pacific... Green Peace bozo's brought in the ship, Rainbow Warrior. The French sent in 4 combat divers to scuttle her... It worked... Might be a good idea...

The Navy should use the trained dolphins and sea lions they have to plant the C4 and detonators on the hull of the boat! grin

That will never happen... The Sea Shepard is more likley to get Obama to have the Navy Seals protect the Sea Shepard agenst unruly fishermen

Wow you thought I was serious? shocked

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread