ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: PocketJax] #3137650
04/27/12 08:42 AM
04/27/12 08:42 AM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: PocketJax
Mountain spring water. That's all I drink.I don't mean the store bought stuff either. I drive out to Colorado once a month from Ohio. I drive a tanker truck I single handedly modified with a puralator . I line the bottom with 2 feet of mossy mountain stream rocks and even have some brook trout swimming around in there on the drive back to retain the ' right from the stream' taste . Feel sorry for you saps who drink anything else but the pure taste of mountain spring water... will have a video on YouTube shortly of me pumping the stream' down and hand grabbing a couple dozen of the trout. Might even show you how to properly set a comstock trap to catch rainbows in the same stream... no bait.

My friends this is how you take it to the next level. Not everyone would be so passionate about water. pocketjax my hat is off to you. looking forward to seeing the youtube footage. I'm surprised you go through an entire tanker every month, or are you selling some on the side? LMAO

Last edited by trapper4hire; 04/27/12 08:45 AM.

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: 22mag] #3138064
04/27/12 03:01 PM
04/27/12 03:01 PM
Ohio
PocketJax Offline
trapper
PocketJax  Offline
trapper

Ohio
grin

A & J Wildlife Control

Member OSTA

http://www.facebook.com/AandJWildlifeControl
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: Kirk De] #3138124
04/27/12 03:58 PM
04/27/12 03:58 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH

Kirk De
Originally Posted By: Kirk De
Pesky

Quote:
I'm to bizzy I know that ,ya don't sleep much . Started working on a new trap design last night , the idea just popped in my head . It's a total new idea in live traps . Hope to finish the prototype tonight

Did the same thing today. Made one this afternoon. Gonna make several tommorrow to test next week. You show yours catching an animal and I'll show mine.

Just wondering what new trap ur working on now? What would it be used for? I'M always interrested in new innovative equipment to use.

Last edited by trapper4hire; 04/27/12 03:58 PM.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: 22mag] #3138295
04/27/12 07:04 PM
04/27/12 07:04 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Good water is hard to come by and sometimes people just get a taste for it . My budy bought 106 acres out in howel not knowing that the artesian well that feeds the pond was known by people 40 miles away . The coon lk rd well . People come for miles . He's had offers by bottling company's but they want to setup a plant and hardly pay him for it . This new trap just blows my mind , I cant beleave no one has ever thought of it . I've already had a offer by a trap maker to start manufacting it .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: 22mag] #3138532
04/27/12 09:57 PM
04/27/12 09:57 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Pesky when will we be able to see this trap? I'm always interested in new eqiuipment to use.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Baiting procedure [Re: 22mag] #3139541
04/28/12 07:28 PM
04/28/12 07:28 PM
OH
C
coonsmasher220 Offline
trapper
coonsmasher220  Offline
trapper
C

OH
i like to start by putting my equipment near the hole or onit what have you. solid with screws or t bar staked. no foam or duct tape involed, for several reasons. then i bait up and lure every trap. why not its costs almost nothing and it doesn't hurt. i try to use jamensons stuff because it smashes critters very hard. fireball is my favorite goto. thousands literally have been smashed on fireball and marshmellows or apples. i do not hang a little sponge in the back of my trap soaked in lure thats probably too much lure anyway if its good stuff, that is kind of dumb and border line sissy. use a stick or something more trapper style not sponge bath style. and holy crap cat food has got to be the last thing i'd stick in my trap on a nuisance job. i will agree with bob and trapper for hire on that issue. Unless i was trying to smash feral cats. who wants to hear about MRS Smith who got chewed up by her own cat trying to release it at 7am before calling you. not using bait is semi foolish, are we trying to entice an animal here or what. i even put a couple peanuts in my one way colonies for squirrels mounted on the hole. nothing wrong with some extra bait.

Ben Boehl
Another Critter Gone LLC
Cincinnati, OH
OSTA, NTA, FTA, OWCOA, NRA
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread