ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152080
05/08/12 06:07 PM
05/08/12 06:07 PM
southern ontario canada
C
coonwild Offline OP
trapper
coonwild  Offline OP
trapper
C

southern ontario canada

Duncan Wildlife control your solution to wildlife problems

my video's: http://www.youtube.com/trappermatt1976

Re: how would you fix this [Re: trapperpaw] #3152147
05/08/12 07:03 PM
05/08/12 07:03 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: trapperpaw
Bud,
That was a sloppy braking of metal on that fix and it should be put back with wood very unprofessional looking. What did you charge for that whatever it was it was a rip off. It caused me to run my fist thru something soft. While I am at it I have been catching moles with out-a-sites for years that expensive stainless steel trigger mod. you have come up with is a rip off of your fellow professional. Your magazine is second class you should consider hiring an editor and maybe it will be successful.
I could post all of that stuff but I am not going to because it would be unprofessional and not very nice. I am just rying to make a point. It would also discourage other people from sharing their ideas which benefit us all. How about just posting your ideas and not insulting other people.
I give people different options and prices on jobs and sometimes tell them they need a contractor but I will exclude anything so the contractor can repair it with confidence that nothing is inside.
Pur foam is not something some unprofessional wildlife operator came up with. It is a professional product that stops water, insects,sound,radon,small animals and air. Air and insects is the biggest benefit it adds to an exclusion. Which is why if I am braking metal or cutting wood I usually foam behind it.
Unrelated one time a wildlife customer mentioned he had a couple dimples in his concrete basement wall leaking water. He had tried caulk, a concrete patch and was going to get an estimate from a warrantied waterproofing company. I told him I didn't know if it would work but I would like to foam the two dimples. I would not guarentee it but I would not charge him. It has been since you were in high school and it still hasn't leaked. I have worked for him since and he has gotten me other jobs. I don't advertise anymore because I can't stand anymore business than word of mouth gets me because I am professional and I do what I tell people I am going to do and it works.
Finally again I would like to ask you to put forward your ideas and let people share theirs without having someone hundreds or thousands of miles away insulting them.

All fine and dandy Paul,

My entire point is,
when someone consistently posts safety and craftsmanship flaws, something is wrong. He may be a great guy and all, he just needs to checked by us (or someone) before he goes over a roof because a single ladder hook broke on him. whether its in a friendly manner or a constructive criticism way it should be done.

I take a lot of pride in the jobs I perform, the craftsmanship of repairs I do as well as the associations I belong to.

For the stainless steel trigger parts for the mole traps, They are the cats meow. Of course people have been catching moles with them, but they have also been dealing with rust/corrosion issues as well. ( not with stainless)

Magazine? agreed, I do need a pro editor, not in the budget as I have been purchasing articles and its a new publication. With each issue the quality has increased. Not a fan? thats ok. Its not for everyone.

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: how would you fix this [Re: Peskycritter] #3152163
05/08/12 07:16 PM
05/08/12 07:16 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Bud if you don't mind please explane how you figured out how to cut and bend the back splash and pie piece . Like did go up and measure it all first ,then go down and cut and bend . How did you figure the angle on the pie piece . Did you just scribe it from the back or take like a framing square and lay it on the lower roof to figure the pitch . Maybe will be inspired to do better so your pleased to see are progress . Thanks For sharing Bud

I get up to the location I want to box in, Then take measurements of the height of both sides, taking into consideration the (pitch, grade) of the shingles, Ill make the bend. sometimes the first bend doesnt always work, re-align/adjust. (hint) by making a 1.25 inch flange, that will give you some le-way if your measurements are off a smidgen. I always fasten the top screws first.

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: how would you fix this [Re: trapperpaw] #3152170
05/08/12 07:20 PM
05/08/12 07:20 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: trapperpaw
Thanks Rick I'm hoping more people feel the same way and peer pressure might get it to stop. Topix.com is a good place to post insults not here or any professional forum.

start posting quality photos of repair work then, then we wont comment on how shoddy it looks. I get upset because (that type of repair work) is what most of the (jobs) work I loose to competitors. Thats why they can do it for $600 cheaper.

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152177
05/08/12 07:23 PM
05/08/12 07:23 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
If you show up to get rid of critters and have no idea how to do the repair work, dont wing it, get a sub contractor that knows how.

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152291
05/08/12 08:48 PM
05/08/12 08:48 PM
Ontario
K
Kermit Offline
trapper
Kermit  Offline
trapper
K

Ontario
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amerimax-Hand-Be...G-/180819333401

These pliers work good for bending the lighter gauges.

Re: how would you fix this [Re: Kermit] #3152358
05/08/12 09:40 PM
05/08/12 09:40 PM
southern ontario canada
C
coonwild Offline OP
trapper
coonwild  Offline OP
trapper
C

southern ontario canada
Originally Posted By: Kermit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amerimax-Hand-Be...G-/180819333401

These pliers work good for bending the lighter gauges.

Yep I got a set of those, handy tool

Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152593
05/09/12 06:18 AM
05/09/12 06:18 AM
Worcester County, MA
Dave Shumway Offline
trapper
Dave Shumway  Offline
trapper

Worcester County, MA
Wow! That guy sure loves the wire!!
I wouldn't have expected such shoddy repair work from this guy. He SEEMED more professional on TV. I can see why they never showed him repairing anything, just showed him catching animals.

Re: how would you fix this [Re: Dave Shumway] #3152675
05/09/12 09:04 AM
05/09/12 09:04 AM
southern ontario canada
C
coonwild Offline OP
trapper
coonwild  Offline OP
trapper
C

southern ontario canada
Originally Posted By: Dave Shumway
Wow! That guy sure loves the wire!!
I wouldn't have expected such shoddy repair work from this guy. He SEEMED more professional on TV. I can see why they never showed him repairing anything, just showed him catching animals.

dave most of the companies i compete with do repairs in just the same manner , not for me thats for sure

Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152713
05/09/12 09:31 AM
05/09/12 09:31 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Coonwild,
I don't like that either unless you couldn't repair it and you sold it as an exclusion until they could get a contractor o repair it. I have to say though people can't say they were surprised when he does it. He made some pretty good pictures of what he is selling them.
I don't like it but it probably works and he doesn't hide it from his customer. Hopfully he charges accordingly.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152801
05/09/12 11:18 AM
05/09/12 11:18 AM
Lawrence, Kansas
T
TJP Offline
trapper
TJP  Offline
trapper
T

Lawrence, Kansas
That looks pretty dang good.

Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152907
05/09/12 01:05 PM
05/09/12 01:05 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Buds got a magazine out . Why would someone put down anyone's magazine . I don't have a magazine . I wouldn't even know we're to start . What's this magazine called .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152915
05/09/12 01:20 PM
05/09/12 01:20 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Pesky, the reason you put down someone's magazine is because somebody else hollered " Get out of the bathroom and get to work!" It happens to me all the time.

Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3152918
05/09/12 01:22 PM
05/09/12 01:22 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
If you wish to rip on someone .rip on these 10 of millions of Americans sitting on there rear end collecting ssi because there back hurts sometimes. There steeling money from people that worked hard and payed into the system . These retired hard working people could be collecting a lagerer check every month . I guess there eating cat food . Not sure if that's true ,I was standing at the check out last summer when this older lady was get her food . I asked why are buying food I thought you were all eating cat food now . She turns and said well i can afford food and If couldn't tuna fish is cheaper . .

Free Trapper
Re: how would you fix this [Re: Peskycritter] #3153387
05/09/12 08:22 PM
05/09/12 08:22 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Buds got a magazine out . Why would someone put down anyone's magazine . I don't have a magazine . I wouldn't even know we're to start . What's this magazine called .

Professional Wildlife Control Magazine, its a work in progress. issue 6 is at press with 7 and 8 behind it.

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: how would you fix this [Re: BUD25] #3154046
05/10/12 08:46 AM
05/10/12 08:46 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Yes Pesky Bud has a magazine and I wasn't ragging on it I was trying to make a point to be more positive when responding to someones post. It seems less and less people are posting here because over a period of time when someone takes the time and effort to share their experiences especially with pictures Bud and a minority of others are quick to critisize and call them un professional. I could have pm'ed the message but I thought his post were public so I should write it public.
I could have wrote the same thing with some constructive critisism and it would have been a good post but I wrote it in a condesending manner to make a point.
Bud, I am a fan of yours I know you are a wounded warrior and you are very enterprising and I appreciate that and I'm sure you are very professional. You need to recognize that other people are professional to even if they do it differently than you would. Comment on other posts like this is the way I would or wouldn't do it and why. Not call your fellow professional unprofessional.
How is the best way to subscribe to your magazine?

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3154146
05/10/12 10:34 AM
05/10/12 10:34 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Take the same hole and throw in some curved spanish tile. Not fun.

Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3154201
05/10/12 11:26 AM
05/10/12 11:26 AM
Ohio
PocketJax Offline
trapper
PocketJax  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Jordan, I too don't like shoddy looking repairs but it wasn't too long ago on this same site that you were advocating the use of foam/mesh in repair work. Not going to look it up but Vinke or Warrior posted about a bat job he had and questioned how would we rapair it. You replied "get out the foam/caulk gun"...

We all learn and continue to get better ( I hope) in this line of work.I've used foam/mesh several times and will continue WHEN THE JOB CALLS FOR IT. In the mean time, send me a PM about your magazine again. I'd like to get a subscription.

Thanks,
Jay

A & J Wildlife Control

Member OSTA

http://www.facebook.com/AandJWildlifeControl
Re: how would you fix this [Re: coonwild] #3154297
05/10/12 01:16 PM
05/10/12 01:16 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Should send us all a Sample copy

Free Trapper
Re: how would you fix this [Re: PocketJax] #3154324
05/10/12 01:37 PM
05/10/12 01:37 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: PocketJax
Jordan, I too don't like shoddy looking repairs but it wasn't too long ago on this same site that you were advocating the use of foam/mesh in repair work. Not going to look it up but Vinke or Warrior posted about a bat job he had and questioned how would we rapair it. You replied "get out the foam/caulk gun"...

We all learn and continue to get better ( I hope) in this line of work.I've used foam/mesh several times and will continue WHEN THE JOB CALLS FOR IT. In the mean time, send me a PM about your magazine again. I'd like to get a subscription.

Thanks,
Jay

Cmon now Jay, I have never been a foam guy. The post you were referring to is I said, Just Sillicone it..... hahaha....

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread