ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3224314
07/12/12 11:09 PM
07/12/12 11:09 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
But Mr Woodpecker said..........

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3224334
07/12/12 11:18 PM
07/12/12 11:18 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

I would not have jumped on this topic....but I would feel bad if someone started or continued to wack woodie without following the process. It is just a matter of getting the paperwork.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: ] #3224527
07/13/12 07:12 AM
07/13/12 07:12 AM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: DaveK
I would not have jumped on this topic....but I would feel bad if someone started or continued to wack woodie without following the process. It is just a matter of getting the paperwork.

Dave I kind of started this odessy (hope Bob J dosent feel like his thread got hijacked). I coudnt agree more, when i first read Pesky's post about no permits being needed, I was shocked that an experienced "proffesional" was ignorant to the permitting process. So I questioned the post to attempt to bring the facts out so others would not be misinfomred. Unfortunately for Pesky it seems that no matter how many folks post links to facts or legilature about permitting he is so deeply buried in ignorant bliss that he refuses to see the truth and allow this oversight to be a learning experience for himself.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3224651
07/13/12 10:16 AM
07/13/12 10:16 AM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Well, this industry is very diverse in the types of services that are covered...and the depth of knowledge required. This is why there is a need for mandatory training. There is a lot to this business...it is a simple fact. You have overlapping regulations (not only covering birds)....but pesticides, wildlife control, and building trades. Making a mistake does not mean that one is ignorant...but a word of caution would be that continuing, after becoming informed, does makes the behavior willful. That is the interesting part about learning on trapper man! Let's keep learning in a constructive manner.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3225481
07/13/12 09:54 PM
07/13/12 09:54 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
I did not use the word ignorant in an insulting way, but rather true to its definition:

ig·no·rant

Adjective:

1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular

Pesky was lacking knowledge, and there is nothing wrong with that, but battling so vigorously in the face of fact is not endearing to anyones peers.

Last edited by trapper4hire; 07/13/12 09:54 PM.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3225592
07/13/12 11:23 PM
07/13/12 11:23 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Understood, Chris. We are all ignorant of many things; however, being wilfully ignorant of regulations affecting one's industry is essentially inexcusable.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3280997
08/19/12 12:20 PM
08/19/12 12:20 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Just wanted to circle back and see if this was resolved. Did Pesky come to the understanding that wacking wood peckers is illegal? Or, did anyone find some loophole that the rest of us missed?

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3280999
08/19/12 12:23 PM
08/19/12 12:23 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
I dare say that pesky will not comment on his defeat.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3281145
08/19/12 02:59 PM
08/19/12 02:59 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
And to think that as a child I thought that WOODY WOODPECKER was a hero. Oh, how times have changed.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3281384
08/19/12 06:18 PM
08/19/12 06:18 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

I was not sure if anyone received a letter of intrepretation from Fish and Wildlife to back up Ryan's practices. It would be something many of us would like to have on file. I do not do any woodpecker work...too much paperwork. But, hey....if there is a loophole the work might be interesting.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3281604
08/19/12 07:59 PM
08/19/12 07:59 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
I do know we have to jump thru hoops here to do any lethal means control on them.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3283536
08/20/12 11:30 PM
08/20/12 11:30 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Hey, Bob, great photos and info. at top of this thread!
Two questions:
Are the CB galleries in live wood? I've never seen that!
I use Apicide dust and Tempo dust for CB's; How do you use a liquid for them?

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3283748
08/21/12 07:30 AM
08/21/12 07:30 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
The piece of log is a cutout from a cedar log I got from a buddy in Kansas a few years ago. He was cutting some wood and split it just right and the gallery must have been a weak spot and split right down the gallery line.I am not sure of all the details, if it was a cut seasoned log sitting/lying around the farm or wether it was infested while growing. That is a good question.I am inclined to believe it was a cut log or firewood chunk leaning or lying against an area of attraction or opportunity for the bees. So much for cedar being an insect repellent type of wood.

Dusts are a very effective material for any bees due to the transfer effect that the bees do for you, particularly colony bees and hornets.However they require individual gallery treatment. If not a large number of holes and not real high to reach, that is a good method.

Carpenter Bees usually cover a large perimeter area for many of our jobs so individual hole treatment would be very labor and time intensive. We use Demand CS a liquid insecticide mixed with water for delivery.We applicate with a B&G pressure tank applicator or you can use a garden sprayer to keep your equipment costs down. Treat the holes and the surface areas on the face, back side and under sides of the effective areas typically soffit face bottoms and just behind the bottom inside lips of the facia.

Very effective and preventive maintenance for these types of wood destroying insects.

Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3284141
08/21/12 12:57 PM
08/21/12 12:57 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Good educational post Bob and everything that follows was educational and entertaining. I hope Pesky has quit whacking woodpeckers without a permit or he could end up somewhere where he won't have a woodpecker to whack and his family will be missing him. I appreciate Bill Murray going to extremes to get the gopher and Pesky's logical solution to a problem eliminate it... choot it. I feel the same way many times but whether we agree with them or not we have to follow the law. The migratory bird act is not a Kentucky law or a Michigan law it is an international law that our country has entered into.
If Pesky can get access to a computer I think his prison videos will be extra funny;-).

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3289593
08/24/12 09:12 PM
08/24/12 09:12 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
So is Demand CS a pyrethroid with residual effect like Cynoff (cypermethrin)? I guess it keeps the CB's from doing any more damage, but doesn't kill any, right?

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Recently completed Stealth Bird Netting Project [Re: Bob Jameson] #3289791
08/24/12 10:54 PM
08/24/12 10:54 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
man do i miss doing bird jobs

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3