ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Ok thanks #3230019
07/17/12 01:17 PM
07/17/12 01:17 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

When gas dropped to $2.83 for a short time I dropped my per animal price $10. Fair is fair when gas went over $3 I went up. Well I kinda hovered at my new rate which is below the old. Anyways I have had more calls this month where after they here my price they say "Ok thanks". My goodness I will not go down anymore!
Most people don't understand the cost of doing business. Gas, Advertising,equipment,time,insurance........ Not to mention I been trapping for 34 years. Thats a heck of alot of education!
I'm not hurting by no means it's just aggravating when they think you should drive 30 miles and trap a coon for $20. Or do a complete metal roof exclusion for $500 LOL my rant is over.

Re: Ok thanks [Re: ] #3230102
07/17/12 02:36 PM
07/17/12 02:36 PM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

somewhere in the middle of MT
When gas went from around $2.00 and jumped to $4.00 heading for $5.00 I raised my service call price and never lowered it. My new price became the norm. Do you quote over the phone? I don't except for the service call, trying to quote prices over the phone is a guessing game, every situation is totally different. The biggest thing here is distance and road conditions. I have what I call my rough road charge, I've gone down roads so bad I had to have my door hinges readjusted. Also I get the "I have something making noises in my cabin" to you and me a cabin is a couple of small rooms out in the woods. Here a "cabin" is usually two plus stories and made from 18" logs. No way to quote that on the phone.

Re: Ok thanks [Re: ] #3230236
07/17/12 04:17 PM
07/17/12 04:17 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

Yeah I have different pricing for different areas, Ski Mtn in gatlinburg is always higher. It will eat up breaks, tranny's and gas. Distance is always a factor also. 90% of mine are rental log cabin in the smokies. They are always about the same. I don't quote exclsion work over the phone ofcourse. It's the typical coon, skunk job that they shy from.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread