ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Attic treatment #3254752
08/02/12 12:28 PM
08/02/12 12:28 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

We have some new company's popping up around here and a franchise bug company is now doing wildlife. I have had a few customers call in out rage about the attic treatments they have paid for. The recent was a ole timer paid $1500.00 for a treatment to keep out squirrels. He couldn't wait for me to get back from vacation. The company cant catch the squirrel and the treatment didn't work. My story's are countless of this so called attic treatment.
My question is what is it and does it work for ANYONE? To me it's a gimmick.

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3254918
08/02/12 02:17 PM
08/02/12 02:17 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: paul antczak
We have some new company's popping up around here and a franchise bug company is now doing wildlife. I have had a few customers call in out rage about the attic treatments they have paid for.

The recent was a ole timer paid $1500.00 for a treatment to keep out squirrels. He couldn't wait for me to get back from vacation. The company cant catch the squirrel and the treatment didn't work. My story's are countless of this so called attic treatment.

My question is what is it and does it work for ANYONE? To me it's a gimmick.

Let me get this straight Company A took $1500 put down some magic and never even tried to catch the squirrel.

Company A refused to come back and honor their agreement and get the squirrel out.

There are several repellents for squirrels and just a visit to LOWES Deer OFF is listed for squirrels and a few others.

Repellent effectiveness is short term at best if at all. Repellents break down quickly temperature and humidity also pay a big role.

I'd like to get $1500 and not have the aggravation of dealing with the whole job too like trapping out and full exclusion. Sadly such things don't exist and the way they went about it is probabaly fraud but I am not qualified to give a legal opinion but I would seek assistance from the authorities.

Pesticide Section: The Pesticide Section within the Tennessee Department of Agriculture works with commercial and private applicators, pesticide manufacturers and dealers, structural pest control operators, farmers, landscapers and others to ensure regulations are followed for public safety. The section also registers pesticdes and certifies applicators.

For more information, contact these services at 615-837-5148.

Your customer should have the right to a MSDS on every product they used in their home. When I was in pest control I handed them out like candy until I put them up on the website for downloading 24/7.

I would be interested first in if the product they are using is registered in Tennessee?

Are they certified applicators? You said pest control so I bet they are.

Do they even hold a trappers license in TN?

They are taking a lot of money away from your potential customers. I really think if your customer calls Consumer Services TN Ag Dept their enforcement guys can stop them dead in their tracks if they are breaking any law taking $$ for services not delivered.

Keep me posted and try to get me several testimonies in writing and I will do a little of my own magic on them.;)

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3254926
08/02/12 02:24 PM
08/02/12 02:24 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

They are trying to catch the squirrel and have failed for 6 days now. 1 hole in the soffit, they could come after dark put up a colony trap and the job is done.

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3257029
08/03/12 08:27 PM
08/03/12 08:27 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
I have worked for PCO's and they seem to think of a chemical solution first for every problem; they're just programmed that way by their suppliers and the industry as a whole. Those of us with WCO credentials know how rarely chemicals and repellents do any kind of animal removal.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3257087
08/03/12 09:00 PM
08/03/12 09:00 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
After working in the upper reaches of a Caterpillar plant today, my underarms produced a chemical that repelled the heck out of the opposite sex!

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3257129
08/03/12 09:27 PM
08/03/12 09:27 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Can you figure out a way to bottle it? Maybe we could spray a bunch of bunny hugger pseudo men and keep them from breeding!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3257920
08/04/12 03:17 PM
08/04/12 03:17 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Must be a very expensive chemical they are spraying . LOL ,Sounds like a good thing for you Paul . If there's a bunch of people in your area that don't understand trapping and repairing the holes . Then offer a three part squirrel removel system . You tell them you come in trap out the problem animals ,then repair the holes , third you spray repellent . People wish to deal with animals like they clean there kitchen stove you got them coverd . It could be people tired of having a trapper out that only traps and doesn't do the exclusion part . 1.500 would go a long way on a exclusion on most houses around here for me

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3257950
08/04/12 03:49 PM
08/04/12 03:49 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
That armpit pucky would keep rabbits from breeding!

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3258050
08/04/12 04:58 PM
08/04/12 04:58 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

Pesky, Thats my point I can't bring myself to offer something thats a gimmick. I can't and I won't. I'm not just doing jobs, I'm building a business on honesty and integrity. I'm looking for anyone to tell me its legit

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3259300
08/05/12 04:57 PM
08/05/12 04:57 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I'm saying to run a gimmick that's why you do the trapping and the exclusion first and then spray the repellant . If it makes people feel better why not . I wouldn't do just repellant . We just had a guy on the front page of the oakland press and they went on and on about this guys great new biz of spraying animal repellant . Hard to beleave they put that on the front page but what ever . I really don't understand why people are always looking for that quick fix spray . I know I get a few calls a week from that do it there's selfs type wanting to know what spray works best . Look at the billion dollar doe urine biz . People buy bottled up deer urine and spray it around ther hunting stand . I guess all these hunters think this bottled up deer urine is better than all the fresh deer urine sprayed around the woods by the deer . Walking around your deer stand and adding your human scent is crazy . The main thing about hunting deer is getting in and out of your stand without the deer knowing it . If people wanted me to bottle them up deer urine i surly would have no problem doing so . The only thing I figur is it gives them more confidence to hunt there stand more thinking that big buck should be along soon I put that 29.99 bottle of doe urine out there . I know there are some animal scents that will draw deer and most fur trappers know exactly what I'm talking about . You can still be straight up with the people and tell them I won't just spray repellent but if you want me to after I'm done trapping and repairing. I will spray if you wish me to . I can't see anything dishonest about that . You could also do some testing of each kind of repellent . If you took a bare peace of ground and then raked it out of all animal tracks and then put the repellents down you could see if it works or not and for how long . Take and add some food or add a brush pile and see which kind works or does not work . After a ran does it still work . The Oder should be checked if does work it could be more than any human can stand . The repellent could repel some but attract other kinds of animals . Just saying if this is really in your head and driving you nuts not know and need to see it with your own eyes . I know I get stuff in my head that drives me nuts till I doit or try it . Dang gold fever in my head right now driving crazy so dang crazy I'm building a dredge boat on my jet drive river boat . I know it's crazy idea but just can't stop . So I will do it and go find that rich pocket of yellow medal stuff and like that would do any good I would just go buy some hard rock mine or something like that . Warning stay away from gold there's something about digging the only true money out of the ground that just grabs you up . It's not the finding it its the hunt for it . I guess I'm not the only one the largest gold rush this country has ever had is going on right now . With job lose so high and the price of gold so high it's not that hard to dig up wages these days .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3259362
08/05/12 05:45 PM
08/05/12 05:45 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Gold is a four letter word for stupidity. You can't eat it, you can't drink it, and when times get really tough, you can't give it away. I've been to Alaska and seen plenty of gold and actually held a bunch. My best friend was getting married so I bought him an uncirculated $20 gold coin. I think I payed $60. Best present he got. Probably hasn't seen it since his wedding. So what good is it? He'll leave it to his daughter who will probably look at it once and then put it in a safe or bank. I have more fun watching re-runs!

Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3259600
08/05/12 08:23 PM
08/05/12 08:23 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: paul antczak
Pesky, Thats my point I can't bring myself to offer something thats a gimmick. I can't and I won't. I'm not just doing jobs, I'm building a business on honesty and integrity. I'm looking for anyone to tell me its legit.

Paul

Legit=Yes Practical=No

I seen a whole table full of bags with different pictures of animals on them this last May at Our Florida Wildlife Control Association Meeting. I walked up and inspected the bags and they were registered pesticides made of many natural organic elements. They were about the size of a 5 lb bag of Sugar went for like $20-25 sold individually. These animal repellent products never sold to any of us that day but we were told how quickly the PC guys were to try to add this chemical as an add on for either monthly or quarterly pc service.

Here's The Scoop: These chemicals have short half lives and are affected by sunlight, temperature, humidity, moisture etc. When these "concoctions" are fresh and applied in the appropriate concentrations they can cause animals to flee and find better quarters. I am sure they were tested for animal reactions but nothing like a year, or even a half year.

My own experiences with animal repellents that they can be active for very short periods like hours to days and weeks under ideal not realistic conditions like not raining, not in sunlight, and no morning dew etc.

Pest control companies may introduce these products and find themselves in more trouble then they planned on and I can only hope they can catch whatever critters they can when the magic dust wears away. We have all seen critters in attics living with moth balls or them electronic ultra sonic devices. I also doubt the product was ever intended for this purpose even if it worked animal could just as easily get stuck in the walls as leave if the product was so irritating.

If I was the PC company I would of solved the animal problem, did a full complete animal tight exclusion but hey they do bugs and use sprays, powders and dusts for many pests why not wildlife ? Well we know how this story ended $1500 and still has squirrels. Have the customer file a complaint and have everyone not happy with this gimmick also file a complaint.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3266321
08/10/12 02:49 AM
08/10/12 02:49 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Quote:
Gold is a four letter word for stupidity. You can't eat it, you can't drink it, and when times get really tough, you can't give it away.

up to 1634 today,,,,,,,, But if I were to tell you were to put money it would be in platinum,,,,It usually sell at about the same rate as gold,,,,,it is used as a common materiel in manufacturing

My money is on metals this month,,,,,, we finished the month of july on a high,,,,,, THAT is always a good sign........

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Attic treatment [Re: ] #3266324
08/10/12 02:51 AM
08/10/12 02:51 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
ALSO<<<<<<<<<<<metals are long term...............

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread