ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: Mike Flick] #3254868
08/02/12 01:42 PM
08/02/12 01:42 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline
trapper

Tama country IA
Originally Posted By: Mike Flick
Besides looking like H E double hockey stix, lets think about the picture above and pick that exclusion attempt apart. Lets talk about why it didnt work. It looks like it was done on a 110 degree day because the goop dripped out before it had time to cure.
Why use hardware cloth, make a hole in it, and make the bats find the tube? Theresa good chance that they wont find the way out.Trim coil looks much better, and is easier to work with. Using netting to exclude and making a second trip to seal would have looked better, and worked better I believe.

It sorta looks like the guy had limited items on his truck, and tried to make it work. I would atribute this failure to being spastic, and not thinking things through. Training wont fix that. They will just be a highly trained spastic operator. It does look like the operator sealed things that didnt need to be sealed also.

You got that right !! How many times have we seen a licensed/certified/trained roofer do a roof that looks just as bad. Some guys just dont care one way or the other. No amount of training is going to fix stupid.

Adam Utterback
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3255298
08/02/12 06:42 PM
08/02/12 06:42 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

In the spirit of picking it apart....It looks like the problem was that the bottom of the soffit was missing.

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3255426
08/02/12 08:29 PM
08/02/12 08:29 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

The good operators need to put their energy into GROWING....not arguing. Be aggressive...and squeeze 'em. You will feel better.

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: ] #3255443
08/02/12 08:48 PM
08/02/12 08:48 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Board Rules
Personal attacks, disguised curse words, soliciting, and bad character are things that won't be tolerated on these forums. If you can't abide by these rules, there's no sense in registering.

Rick turn them in for ethical violations. Contact Charles Holt if you want to correct the problem. Stirring the pot won't fix this.

I doubt they are certified the program is pretty new Rick! If you think they are a consumer problem weed them out.

Last edited by LAtrapper; 08/10/12 10:14 AM.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: Robb Russell] #3255471
08/02/12 09:08 PM
08/02/12 09:08 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: Robb Russell
Contact Charles Holt if you want to correct the problem.

lol grin

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3255578
08/02/12 09:56 PM
08/02/12 09:56 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
MOM! Somebody made a mess out of a bat exclusion! Come look at this!

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3266319
08/10/12 02:42 AM
08/10/12 02:42 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
remember that bats use echo location,,,,,,,If the sound goes thew it,,,,,the bats will be confused a subsequently be confused...........

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3266409
08/10/12 08:05 AM
08/10/12 08:05 AM
Ohio
BBM Pres Offline
trapper
BBM Pres  Offline
trapper

Ohio
My first question is did it work? I'm not referring to the exclusion on the whole project, but just this one area.

It does look like an over application of materials if you look towards the J channel of the siding which would result in the mess we see if the surface temperature was too hot for the product used. It also looks like this is a standard method used by whomever did this. I'd even say that this isn't a temporary fix, but a permanent one that may or may not have the "tube" removed. I'm not saying I'd do this or train to have this done this way, but also without being there when the client is told what to expect, and seeing the structure before any work was done I like to hold my opinions and give the benefit of doubt.

Jordan is the one that took the picture so only Jordan can answer how old this is, how big it was, if any bats/openings were found behind it and how often he encounters it.

@Vinke, I don't understand what you mean with your post. Are you saying that bats only use echolocation to navigate so if the area isn't solid they cannot find the openings?

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BBM Pres] #3266417
08/10/12 08:12 AM
08/10/12 08:12 AM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline OP
trapper
BUD25  Offline OP
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: BBM Pres
My first question is did it work? I'm not referring to the exclusion on the whole project, but just this one area.

It does look like an over application of materials if you look towards the J channel of the siding which would result in the mess we see if the surface temperature was too hot for the product used. It also looks like this is a standard method used by whomever did this. I'd even say that this isn't a temporary fix, but a permanent one that may or may not have the "tube" removed. I'm not saying I'd do this or train to have this done this way, but also without being there when the client is told what to expect, and seeing the structure before any work was done I like to hold my opinions and give the benefit of doubt.

Jordan is the one that took the picture so only Jordan can answer how old this is, how big it was, if any bats/openings were found behind it and how often he encounters it.

@Vinke, I don't understand what you mean with your post. Are you saying that bats only use echolocation to navigate so if the area isn't solid they cannot find the openings?

Eric, as you know, moving a colony of bats is very easy. to do a thorough job to eliminate ALL entry points can be the difficult portion of the job. This particular job is 8 years old. They do this type of work on.... I see this on tons of homes.... it may not look this bad on all homes but still looks like crap. I found 2 entry points and placed one ways, returned 10 days later and removed them, sealed the area up. 2 spots where the siding j channel rides along the shingle, this met more siding. ( both sides of a bay window) This is horrible craftsmanship.... WE NEED REGULATIONS TO WEED THESE NUMB NUTS OUT!!!!

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: Vinke] #3266420
08/10/12 08:14 AM
08/10/12 08:14 AM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline OP
trapper
BUD25  Offline OP
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Vinke
remember that bats use echo location,,,,,,,If the sound goes thew it,,,,,the bats will be confused a subsequently be confused...........
while on a structure they are following a draft (air flow).

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3266506
08/10/12 09:31 AM
08/10/12 09:31 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
if sound get though it so does air

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3266973
08/10/12 02:22 PM
08/10/12 02:22 PM
Ohio
BBM Pres Offline
trapper
BBM Pres  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Hey Jordan,

I trust you and your evaluation of the situation(s). The picture you posted makes me groan but without your input I don't want to really make comments because I don't really know the story as you know it. I agree with most of what you have said, but I do disagree that regulations will weed any of this out. There is a similar issue with bats that happened in NY. Because of the actions of a few, some individuals want to make all wildlife control operators have contractor licenses (you Michigan guys can decide if you need the license or not, I'm staying out of it). I've said this before and mean it. You can be the best trapper/bat excluder in the world but if you can't talk to people you won't stay in business whereas you can be a terrible trapper/bat excluder but if the people love you, you'll have more business than you know what to do with.

What I'm saying is that just because you have a license, it doesn't mean you can do a good job or that something doesn't go wrong at some point. I understand the frustration as every year I am called to homes that still have bat issues and all I see is expandable black foam. Sometimes it's trimmed, other times it isn't. Go two feet away from the hardened foam and there is the opening the bats are using. I always feel sorry for the customer but when you press them, it almost always comes down to it was cheaper. Once the project is done, then the owner begins to notice how bad it looks and the amount of work required to fix it.

I think what you are referring to isn't licenses, but rather professionalism. The professional will look at educating themselves so they can offer the best products and services they are capable of and practice their craft. They will stand behind their work/methods and do they best they can to remedy a problem situation. They educate the customer and set the proper expectation levels and work with the customer for mutual satisfaction to the issue.

As with most things in life, professionalism isn't something that can be regulated into a person or business. How do we make this industry strive for this goal? I really don't know as most efforts I’ve seen have failed. It is kind of like dealing with a person with an addiction. Until they admit they have a problem AND want to change it, there just isn't that much you can do.

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BBM Pres] #3267271
08/10/12 04:24 PM
08/10/12 04:24 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline OP
trapper
BUD25  Offline OP
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: BBM Pres
Hey Jordan,

I trust you and your evaluation of the situation(s). The picture you posted makes me groan but without your input I don't want to really make comments because I don't really know the story as you know it.

this is the quality of work this particular company does..... ruining the house's appearances. I still believe that if there was a licensing process for bat removal with a nice fee, it would weed these guys out. PRICE is a huge motivator deciding which companies are hired....

www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3267474
08/10/12 06:18 PM
08/10/12 06:18 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Just what everyone needs is more government getting their fingers into our lives.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3267516
08/10/12 06:38 PM
08/10/12 06:38 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
But Bob, if you can get the government to limit your competition for you, wouldn't it be worthwhile?

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3267690
08/10/12 08:38 PM
08/10/12 08:38 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

You know....government is not the answer. However, NWCOA needs a webform or process for the public to report members that are not returning calls or ripping people off. Somebody....set it up!

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: sgs] #3267716
08/10/12 08:53 PM
08/10/12 08:53 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
Originally Posted By: sgs
But Bob, if you can get the government to limit your competition for you, wouldn't it be worthwhile?

X's 2

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3267789
08/10/12 09:29 PM
08/10/12 09:29 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
first you want the government OUT of our business... now you want them IN our business.. im so confused... i wish you guys would make up my mind... tired

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: BUD25] #3268169
08/11/12 05:57 AM
08/11/12 05:57 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
LOL...

Sarcasm wiggler, sarcasm.

You're right. I think government regulation and those who seek it, will ruin the wildlife control industry for both the tradesman and the customer.

There's something wrong with a business plan that includes petitioning the government to limit your competition.

Re: bat removal competitors.... stand alone. [Re: sgs] #3268208
08/11/12 07:53 AM
08/11/12 07:53 AM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
Originally Posted By: sgs
LOL...

There's something wrong with a business plan that includes petitioning the government to limit your competition.

i agree 100%. Im all for education... im NOT all for the other guy TELLING me what he wants me to know. And if i dont play bye HIS rules... im not allowed in the game. What a crock!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread