ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Muskrats #3297782
08/30/12 08:22 AM
08/30/12 08:22 AM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

We don't have a good rat population here. And I finally got a Muskrat job! Better yet it's right here in Sevierville 2.3 miles from my house! She may have 2 rats. Oh yeah and 1 HUGE G-hog. I made these colony traps 3 years ago. This is the 1st time they got wet! g

Re: Muskrats [Re: ] #3297972
08/30/12 11:26 AM
08/30/12 11:26 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I'm surprised the trap held the rat most of the time they will get out of a colony trap if it's not submerged . He looks happy to be in it like look at my new home . Muskrat can eat and live off anything . What they need is to be able to dig dens to raise there young and hide from predators . If there's not many around that could be the reason . Here if a creek has loose banks and mucky spots it's full of rats but if it's all clay theres very few . They just can't dig in it like they need to . I have lots of muskrats around here but people are put copper sulfate in the lakes killing off the healthy system of the lake . Turns it into this sludge lake . Making the lake rot . And then from there lawn treatment it causes this alge bloom . All because they get a few weeds in the lake . Weeds make them feel dirty Im told

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Muskrats [Re: ] #3298011
08/30/12 11:57 AM
08/30/12 11:57 AM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

I cut my teeth on rats when I was 10. I miss the big huts in the cattail marshes in Southern wisconsin. It's just one of those fun jobs for me. Well there all fun!!!

Re: Muskrats [Re: ] #3298211
08/30/12 03:04 PM
08/30/12 03:04 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Ya I get you , I could use a muskrat job right now . There both great pictures , that bottom one would be good for your web site . I have a custom plate on my trucks that's BATS . People are always going look your plate says BATS . I go I know

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread