12/10/07 12:59 PM
12/10/07 12:59 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
PETA & HSUS are not all that happy with some of the Animal Planet & National Geographic shows as it is but Nigel Marvin will be hate mongered for his take on the Polar Bear issues that Al Gore presented.

http://tinyurl.com/39olxs

ennis Compayre raises bushy grey eyebrows as he listens to the environmentalists predict the polar bear's demise.

"They say the numbers are down from 1,200 to around 900, but I think I know as much about polar bears as anyone, and I tell you there are as many bears here now as there were when I was a kid," he says as the tundra buggy rattles back to town across the rutted snowscape.

"Churchill is full of these scientists going on about vanishing bears and thinner bears.

"They come here preaching doom, but I question whether some of them really have the bears' best interests at heart.

"The bear industry in Churchill is big bucks, and what better way to keep people coming than to tell them they'd better hurry to see the disappearing bears."

After almost three months of working with those who know the Arctic best - among them Inuit Indians, who are appalled at the way an animal they have lived beside for centuries has become a poster species for "misinformed" Greens - Nigel Marven finds himself in broad agreement.

"I think climate change is happening, but as far as the polar bear disappearing is concerned, I have never been more convinced that this is just scaremongering.

"People are deliberately seeking out skinny bears and filming them to show they are dying out. That's not right.

"Of course, in 30 years, if there's no ice over the North Pole, then the bear will be in trouble.

"But I've seen enough to know that polar bears are not yet on the brink of extinction."

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: HSUS & PETA will be screaming at this guy. [Re: Mira Trapper] #469642
12/18/07 07:46 PM
12/18/07 07:46 PM
Minnesota
minnscott Offline
"Dink"
minnscott  Offline
"Dink"

Minnesota
Um er well wasnt the earth much warmer when the big lizards roamed the earth. I think it cooled down just a bit to make it more to our likeing. The earth will warm and cool. I think it might be a patern. Maybe I am wrong but I think that is the Garage Logic approach too.

WOODBILLY
Life is a dance. learn a new step every day.

-“Ut ceteri vivere possint”-
Re: HSUS & PETA will be screaming at this guy. [Re: minnscott] #469679
12/18/07 07:59 PM
12/18/07 07:59 PM
MI
L
LM Shortcut Offline
trapper
LM Shortcut  Offline
trapper
L

MI
I like to read old stories about the early days, when men were men. And, men went West to hunt and trap. More than one time I have read about the great brown bears and the great White Bears of the plains and Mt. areas. White Bears ??? Hmmm

Re: HSUS & PETA will be screaming at this guy. [Re: LM Shortcut] #469812
12/18/07 09:04 PM
12/18/07 09:04 PM
Ozarks of Missouri
BaldKnobber1 Offline
trapper
BaldKnobber1  Offline
trapper

Ozarks of Missouri
Here are three questions that any 'global-warminger' must answer before I will take them seriously:

1) What is the ideal average annual temperature for the earth?
2) What caused the 60+ major planetary climate changes before homo sapiens evolved?
3) Why is the surface temperature of Mars rising at the same rate as the Earths?

Once they have answered those three questions, I will be interested in hearing their opinion of our current climate and/or temperature, and any changes thereof.

Last edited by BaldKnobber1; 12/18/07 09:05 PM.

Q: What's a Baldknobber?
A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_Knobbers
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread