International forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the International Trappers forum)

Trading Post

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#4787689 - 12/09/14 06:06 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Loc: Amite county Mississippi
Here is another version with a #2 long sping , whos pan is expanded , which uses a small trench off to one side as a blocking
I Like Moddin Traps 'N Trapping Possums
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4788694 - 12/10/14 12:44 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Loc: Russia Krasnodar region
Wolfdog91 Many thanks for such developed answer. At installation of traps I don't use shock-absorbers. I use traps (as well as all in Russia) only a domestic production since transfer very expensive and ruble exchange rate in relation to dollar is now very high and one import trap will cost as 2-3 Russian.
Besides, catching by traps is widespread only in the north of Russia (beyond the Urals or about it). And I live in the South and here units are engaged in this interesting hunting and nobody knows that it is possible to catch successfully jackals traps, for example. And especially it isn't enough about modern technologies in a trapping. Last night I came to the friend to test aromatic baits on his Karelian-Finnish laika. The laika became interested in oil from mussels (it is applied to catching of catfish and is on sale in all shops of 70 ml for 1 dollar), first of all the dog rushed to urine of a red fox, but also quickly lost interest, and here from gland of the coyote hardly tore off)))) both licked and rubbed and span around)))))
At us became warmer after frosts + 7C today. Now there will be a badger. Tonight after work I will go to put traps. I will make a photo of traps and process of installation and I will send I will lay out pictures at a forum.

#4788902 - 12/10/14 07:31 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Glad to help a fellow trapper ! As for the shock spring they are nat needed but i use them for the comfort of the animal (also lots of deer and rabbit dogs are being run near my property and may cross over and get caught,the spring helps them not hurt them selves until i get their to release them) and it also helps to keep the animal from "pumping" stakes out of the ground. As for othee modifications i highly recomend laminations ( adding extra metal to the thicken the jaws) they will spread out the force on the animals foot helping to prevent any type of cutting t the paw and will also give a larger are on which the animal is held wich helps woth holding them in the trap. Offsetting is also good. ( if someone starts talking about how the traps will cut off their and you show them a trap that has jaws that don't close all the way and explain it is for the animals comfort they will usually be much more accepting of trapping) . I can post pictures of how to fo these modifications if you want,you can also ask in some of the other forums. As for the lure i would recommend usind a call lure ( something that woll attract them to the set ) and a bait (which will keep them working the set ).i would recommend asking for advice in the lure formulations forum
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4788955 - 12/10/14 08:10 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Thank you very much. Also I want to remake traps on less travmatichny for animals. Today I go to hunt on raccoons with likes. Tomorrow I will upload a picture.

#4793354 - 12/12/14 05:21 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Hi, everybody! T

oday I put traps and as promised I upload a picture.

#4793361 - 12/12/14 05:24 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Today there passed the small rain and the soil is strongly humidified, and tomorrow promise frosts therefore over a trap I put a piece of a thin polyethylene film, and the first layer of the earth powdered with salt and covered all this with a thin layer of earth.

#4793371 - 12/12/14 05:33 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

#4794161 - 12/13/14 06:02 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
ate Offline

Loc: spain ( europe)
Try Wildlife control Supplies europe ( servitrap@gmail.com ) they supply all kind of traps.
and I can help to catch predators ( specially wolves and Jackals () because Thatīs my current work here in EU ,
regards

#4794594 - 12/13/14 01:38 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

That is a very interesting trap ! In Russia do they make coil spring traps or just long springs ?
Anyhow that is a great looking set ! How many sets do you have out on a daily basis?
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4794837 - 12/13/14 04:42 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Aslo i forgot to mention so,ething many trappers and lure formulators use as a base : mice. Just abou every predator eats mice so they make a naturally good bait.What most people do is kill a bunch freeze and then grind them (whole). You could most likely ask some farmers if they would let you catch mice out of their grain bins or what have you. Another Excellent base is used cooking grease
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4795132 - 12/13/14 07:11 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
LT GREY Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Ohio
Those traps leave a lot to be desired...

Translation : You could use some better traps !

#4795604 - 12/13/14 11:12 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

hi, everybody! as well as I promised - I upload a picture of the most standard places for hunting

#4795609 - 12/13/14 11:15 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

and here hot scent of a badger

#4795611 - 12/13/14 11:17 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

here in such pipes temporarily or constantly there live minks, raccoon dogs or jackals. on a photo it is visible the tracks filled by animals

#4795620 - 12/13/14 11:26 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Wolfdog91, now on test in this place costs 5 traps. on 1 ate all bait without having left traces (probably a mouse or a rat), and on the second there was a single operation. on the others so far anything. Therefore two it was necessary to change statement to the first traps since I think an animal will return

LT GREY, for the lack of other traps I catch these and I derive pleasure from communication with the nature and valuable experience in statement of traps. I wrote that in Russia well limited quantity of traps, and cost 1 import is already now leveled to 4-5 domestic above.

#4795625 - 12/13/14 11:31 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Wolfdog91, In Russia make also coil spring traps and just long springs. According to trappers in Russia coil spring traps are weakest and aren't reliable, but I didn't try them. Thanks for idea about mice! I will surely try

#4795993 - 12/14/14 09:35 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Konstantine
Wolfdog91, now on test in this place costs 5 traps. on 1 ate all bait without having left traces (probably a mouse or a rat), and on the second there was a single operation. on the others so far anything. Therefore two it was necessary to change statement to the first traps since I think an animal will return

LT GREY, for the lack of other traps I catch these and I derive pleasure from communication with the nature and valuable experience in statement of traps. I wrote that in Russia well limited quantity of traps, and cost 1 import is already now leveled to 4-5 domestic above.
Those are some very nice pictures! So you mainly trap farmland correct ? Over their do you have to get permission to trap farmland or do the farmers not care ? As for the "pipes" you could easily place snares and catch what ever comes through ,for mink a loaded 1/16th (not sure what that would be in metric)should work very well with minimum fur damage. There was a thread on the subject, I'll try and find it and post a link. As for badger ,from what I've seen with American badger is that once caught they my dig up your cable stake or simply dig themselves in the soil,it often looks like a crater from a bomb blast . to avoid this many have started to use drags with 10feet of chain. I'll post a picture of different type of drags soon. As for traps,Iwould recommend looking at the trap shed. Many times people will be selling traps at 1/3 of the standard price (many of which are modified,waxed,or died ). Also many will be willing to trade items for traps ( skulls,claws,teeth,tools,knives,antlers,coins ,tanned furs and so on ).
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4796390 - 12/14/14 02:46 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Farmers as those at us meet quite seldom, joint-stock companies are engaged in cultivation of lands (with an area of lands from 10-12000 hectares).
In Russia hunting economy and use of lands (agriculture construction something, etc.) absolutely different things and them supervise absolutely different ministries and supervisory authorities. For example, the enterprise can plow and sow everything that wants, but has no right to break laws, including in the field of protection of fauna (burning of the eddish which remained from rice, application of some types of agrochemicals, spiral plowing of a field, etc.), the agroenterprises use only the earth and in use of fauna for hunting aren't engaged (production, permission or a ban of hunting, restriction of access for hunters to hunting grounds with the agroenterprises without coordination with the inspector are illegal). In my area hunting is controlled by the senior state inspector of the ministry of natural resources - it issues permits to hunting, controls performance of the law by hunters (norms of shooting, observance of borders of hunting grounds, production of the forbidden types or the forbidden methods, etc.) . Over it there is a regional ministry, and above the regional - the Federal ministry of natural resources, the same system and with other ministries. Quite perhaps will seem to you too difficult and confused bureaucratic system, but as is)))) If it is interesting as hunting at the legislative level at us is organized - ask, don't hesitate, I with pleasure will answer.

#4796392 - 12/14/14 02:47 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Wolfdog91, only returned from a field - the mink trampled all traps, but didn't get. Probably 140 kaniber will buy))))

#4796401 - 12/14/14 02:52 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Wolfdog91, What diameter of a loop to do for a mink and at what height from the earth to establish? You do simply a loop or with the lock?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ate