International forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the International Trappers forum)

Trading Post

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#4796459 - 12/14/14 03:47 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Loc: Amite county Mississippi
I think i understand to a degree: so those inspectors are basically like our game warrdens correct ? In Russia what is gun ownership like ? Is it eaiser to get say a shotgun than rifle ? Do you need a permit or just need to be of a certain age ? Now as for the conibears bending the trigger wires is supposed to help increase your catch. I will post a few pictures.
I Like Moddin Traps 'N Trapping Possums
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4796470 - 12/14/14 03:51 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Go Ordnance!!!!

#4796509 - 12/14/14 04:09 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Now if you are able to get ahold of cable i strongly recommend making some snares ;
I'm still new to snaring and have not caught any thing yet but i'm only able to have my snares out on Saturday and Sunday. What I use is 1/16th loaded cable snares with a deer stop ( a metal stop that makes the snare close only to a certain point so it can fall of of a deers leg if one comes down the trail.) a relaxing lock (once the animal stops fighting the snare relaxs and doesn't kill the animal),a wammy (a piece of plastic tubing used to attach the snare to a support) and a swivel. I also camouflage my snares with some cheap spray paint so that they blend in better.

Go Ordnance!!!!

#4796511 - 12/14/14 04:11 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

As you can see when camouflaged correctly the snare is almost invisible
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4797586 - 12/15/14 03:40 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Loc: Russia Krasnodar region
Unfortunately I know nothing about your supervisory authorities? In Russia under the new law has the right to own the smooth-bore weapon (for self-defense or hunting - too there are certain restrictions) the citizen of Russia who reached 21 years (earlier this age began with 18, since in our country is age of majority), not standing on the account in narcology and not having problems with the law, passed special training ($100) and having the medical certificate (the therapist, the oculist, the expert in narcology, etc.) . We hand over the medical certificate, the certificate on training, the reference from the local police officer in special allowing body at regional police which is engaged in traffic in weapons control, within a month (as a rule about 2-3 weeks) they are obliged to grant the license for acquisition of the weapon then I buy the shot weapon in shop, at plant or from hands (the detachable coupon from the license remains in shop if I buy from the individual, we sign the contract in allowing body). After that I bear the weapon with the license in allowing body where verify numbers on the weapon and in permission after that I am given out permission to knowledge of the weapon for 5 years. With the cut weapon the same, but previously I have to own the smooth-bore weapon not less than 5 years (it belongs to any kind of the cut weapon, even to 22LR, except pneumatics - hunting pneumatics, with power over 7,5 J it is equated to the smooth-bore weapon and it is also necessary to get permission on an established order for it). Military and police officers have the right to get the weapon without training and cut have the right not to wait for 5 years. At us hunting with the throwing weapon (bow and arbalests) is allowed only in private enterprises on the animals who are grown up in them, and in all territory of Russia is forbidden.

#4797587 - 12/15/14 03:44 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

By the way, absolutely I forgot - in Russia catching in snares is considered poaching))))

#4798283 - 12/15/14 01:09 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Boco Offline
trapper

Loc: james bay frontierOnt.
Snares are very effective and very humane when set properly.

#4799602 - 12/16/14 04:27 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
P.A.L Offline
trapper

Loc: Finland

I think snares are illegal in all Europe, at least in Scandinavia. Snares truly seems to work. It would be easy way to cut fox populations. Every effective way to capture predators are illegal nowadays.

#4799787 - 12/16/14 07:30 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Well game wardens a basically "wildlife police " dealing with affairs of hunting ,fishing and trapping (as well as being over programs introducing kids to the out doors such as squirrel shoots or small fishing competitions) they have the right to arrest law breakers ,write tickets,and check licensing and bag limits (some animals can ony be taken in certain numbers per day ) of outdoors men (and women). As for you gun policy say you wanted a bolt action or semiautomatic rifle for hunting say deer or boar size game would you need further licensing for that ? Also any luck with you traps yet ?
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4799850 - 12/16/14 08:43 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Not absolutely I understood about what it is: license for a deer and boar or half-automatic and rifle of bolted type. Anyway the license is required. Traps are regularly visited by minks, but don't work yet. yesterday on pipes the kaniber put 120 mm. Couple more of traps 4 days wait for a jackal or a raccoon dog and I think early or late I will catch them since traces of animals are.

#4800362 - 12/16/14 03:19 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Can you adjust the pan tension (the amount of weight it takes to set the trap off) on your footholds ? If so i recomend turn down the tension as low as possibly able ( many of the best mink trappers here in the states use a #2size trap with an expand pan and zero pan tension for mink trapping , that size of a foot hold would work more like a body grip and quickly kill the mink much the same as a conibear ). Mink are most always a decently priced animal and should be taken if possible. Is there a water source of any kind near by ? And do you know if it is breeding season for any of your target animals ? With canines especially during breeding season sex is the only thig of their concern
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4800369 - 12/16/14 03:25 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Here are pictures of my trap drags which i forgot to post last week. I use these in places where i my want the animal to hid its self from view or the ground is not suitable for a stake of any form . i use 10'of chain in conjunction with them and my traps
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4801350 - 12/16/14 11:08 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

I now adjust on the greatest sensitivity and just wanted to increase to ploshchat descent))) rutting at dog (foxes, jackals, raccoons) at us takes place in January-February. I look forward this time))))
Many thanks for photos of an anchor - it is necessary to have a couple such for installation on a wolf near a farm

#4801577 - 12/17/14 07:04 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

No problem! I use these for trapping racoon and so fare i have not had one go more that a few feet . These drags a small how ever (many tell me they would work wonderfuly for coyotes) and i think you would need one much larger for wolves. Do you have any welding experience? If so i can give you the measurements.for my drags.
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4806908 - 12/19/14 10:06 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
beece Offline
trapper

Loc: South Mississippi
Konstantine, do you eat coon dogs? Some of us eat raccoons.

Wolfdog, did you make those drags? I've been meaning to make some. Yours look good. Better than the ones in the catalogs.

#4807557 - 12/20/14 10:41 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Yes i did ! Got a video on youtube on how to make them (with flat stock ) look up how to nake a real trap drag
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4818976 - 12/26/14 01:43 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Konstantine Offline
trapper

Wolfdog91, I have a brief experience of welding works. Now I will receive 5 traps of 3 - 120 mm through passage and 2 - 140 mm. Temporarily I stopped hunting, since a small blockage at work)))
beece, unfortunately raccoon dogs on a smell and meat strongly differ from raccoons not to the best))) from them live such stench costs rotten fish and rancid cod-liver oil that the hole of a raccoon dog can be determined by a smell))))

#4818978 - 12/26/14 01:48 AM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
P.A.L Offline
trapper

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Konstantine
Wolfdog91, I have a brief experience of welding works. Now I will receive 5 traps of 3 - 120 mm through passage and 2 - 140 mm. Temporarily I stopped hunting, since a small blockage at work)))
beece, unfortunately raccoon dogs on a smell and meat strongly differ from raccoons not to the best))) from them live such stench costs rotten fish and rancid cod-liver oil that the hole of a raccoon dog can be determined by a smell))))

Those raccoon dogs sure are some smelly creatures. Would not eat them very easily, just before starvation. Chinese love them...

#4819840 - 12/26/14 05:44 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Konstantine
That's great to hear ! Welding is one of the best skills a trapper could learn ! Allows you to make and modify many different pecies of equipment as well as modify you traps ! As for racoon here in the southen U.S many people love to eat them ! In fact i make more money on their meat than the hides !

Fully dressed with the paws attached this big guy can easily bring me $15-$20
Go Ordnance!!!!

#4819850 - 12/26/14 05:50 PM Re: Trapping In Russia [Re: Konstantine]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

In Russia do yall have any kind of animals that you woukd consider junk or trash animals ?
Here we have possum.
Their not the "brightness" animals and you seem to catch them in almost any kind of set you can imagine. Thier fur isn't worth much so many time people release them like racoon many peole actually eat them but they do not look very tasty to me sick
Go Ordnance!!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ate