ADC Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #483566
12/26/07 08:48 PM
12/26/07 08:48 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
This is a fun thread to read. Now if you want to add another layer of headache, scroll down on the main page to my post on computers. I share all the equipment I have. We (wife and I) did alot of research to find this equipment.
When you get into bookkeeping on the computer you will think about leaving the whole business hanging in the shed!
Everthing has a learning curve. The more you do the better you get.
Dave

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Lundy] #484022
12/26/07 11:26 PM
12/26/07 11:26 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
LT would be proud............we are up yo two pages... \:\)

LT?????????????? Get that computer fixed yet??????

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Vinke] #484232
12/27/07 01:31 AM
12/27/07 01:31 AM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Two pages...

Nothing has been accomplished.....

And I am ready to throw my trapping stuff in the Ocean, again....

LT would be ecstatic.

Cragar,

I found some interesting stuff in the links you provided.

Originally Posted By: NWMPA home page
The NWMPA is a national membership organization comprised of qualified professionals engaged in private industry who are skilled and accountable in solving wildlife management problems for homeowners, businesses and other organizations.

That's an interesting claim to make...

Quote:
Members of the NWMPA can conduct a full assessment of a homeowner's property for signs of infestation. If evidence of wildlife activity or damage is found or suspected, NWMPA control operators will take steps to eliminate the problem and educate homeowners about how they can protect themselves safely from wildlife damage now and in the future.

But, this one goes beyond interesting, right on to outrageous!

BECAUSE... all it takes to be one of these "skilled and accountable, qualified professionals"... WHO "can conduct a full assessment"... and "take steps to eliminate the problem and educate homeowners..."

...IS $100!

This is a joke, and I'm missing it, right?

After I send the $100, how are they going to make sure I really am, and can do, all the things they claim?

I can't browse either site, until I join, so I didn't see anything about training.

Just as well I guess, if it costs $100 just to look at the website, I probably don't want to know how much the school costs?

I do wonder, though, if I might actually see a TRAP at that school?

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #484346
12/27/07 05:23 AM
12/27/07 05:23 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
 Originally Posted By: Krustyklimber
Cragar,

Part of the way I built up a good reputation, is knowing when I'm in over my head, and admitting it.

I just turned down an electrical repair job, because I don't possess the skills to complete it... instead of pulling a "sister's brother-in-law", and doing it poorly.

I cannot sell "the total package" because I am only qualified to make the repairs.
At this point, despite the new license in my pocket, I am still advising clients to hire an experienced NWCO.

It is good to admit when you are in a bit over your head , however you have to learn sometime. When you first held a hammer in your hand I bet you smacked your fingers a few times. It takes a little time to get to the point where you can pound a 12 D nail in with 3 -4 hits without bending it over. It also takes some time to be able to take a saw and get a nice straight flush cut too. Regardless of what you are going to learn , it takes time and trial and error. No one is perfect right from the get-go. I made quite a few mistakes first starting out (and still make some) , you need to get out there and get your hands dirty , just pick some jobs that don't present too much of a challenge and get started.
Don't be self defeating by putting up your own roadblocks. Think more like Clint Eastwood in the movie Heartbreak Ridge " You are a Marine ! - Innovate , Adapt and Overcome. " No one out there is going to be able to teach you everything you need to know in this business. Did my training help me out the time I caught an Iguana 25 ft up a tree -or- the time I was called to catch a peacock loose at some condos -or- catching a sick coon with a catchpole 45 ft up a fire escape - NO. It has been said before and I will repeat it helps quite a bit in this trade if you have a bit of MacGuyver in you and can come up with a solution off the top of your head.

Dude... aren't you the one who suggested I need to spend (way more than) $1000 just to USE my license?

I would rather have paid for some training (locally), in the first place... to make said license useful... instead of wasting that time and expense, getting an otherwise worthless piece of paper.

Until I understand A LOT MORE about trapping, I am not going to set a single trap, for fur or for any other reason.

I know enough to know I lost way too much money last year (because of my lack of training and experience), and to leave my traps in the garage, lest I lose even more money this year...

Yes, I suggested you spend $1000+ to invest in training. I am also going to suggest you spend far more than that sum , but not all at once. Buy books , videos , magazines , go to seminars , go online and glean whatever information you can to further your learning curve. Learning does not stop. In this trade new ideas and tools are being dreamed up on a regular basis. Training keeps you on top of the latest ideas that can save you from smashing your fingers with that hammer. Taking a comprehensive week long class will get you much more prepared to run a business and be a more successful WCO than by learning in little bits and pieces.

Want to learn but not spend lots of money ?

OK , now I bit my tongue before and kept quiet but I am about to take a shot at you right now. Please take this as constructive criticism.

You had a chance to meet up with LT Grey and get some valuable knowledge and tips plus some free equipment to boot. Not good. Doing a "ride-along" with someone who has been doing this for a while is very good way to learn. I have done this with other operators and to say the least it was fun , educational , eye-opening and you now have an ally to help you overcome unforeseen challenges by picking up the phone and calling someone who could possibly may be able to give you some tips to succeed in the task at hand. It is best to find someone who is a little bit out of your service area to do this with as some close competitors may not like the idea of teaching the competition. If I had a chance to do a ride-along with LT Grey , I would jump at it. Matter of fact , I would be willing to drive 500+ miles each way to Ohio and spend $$$ on dino-juice to spend a day picking someone's brain and sharing knowledge of my own. ( LT Grey , if you are reading this and are interested in having someone ride-along , P.M. me and I will buy dinner and beer that day. )

Hanging traps, LOSE no money!

Yes , hanging traps lose no money , but they also don't make any money. Starting out you will lose money , have a hard time pursuing your quarry , Smash a few fingers and make some dumb mistakes. Hopefully you will not get hurt in the process. It is all part of learning , I think I learn the best from my mistakes. I learn to never , never do the same stupid thing again. You will never be perfect and always have some amount of screw-ups but , training will prevent a lot of them from happening in the first place.

Every time you fail or lose money on a job , you learn. The peacock I mentioned before , I did not catch it. I went a couple times to try to catch it and only one time I was able to get close enough to throw a net over it and it surprised me on how quickly it could become air-bourne by jumping straight up into the air and flying away. Those long legs they have are like springs and it is amazing how fast a bird of that size can be 20 feet in the air at the blink of an eye. I learned. I also did not get paid. I took that call knowing that I might not get paid. The bird was an escapee that no one claimed ownership to and the callers were concerned about coyotes catching the bird. I wanted to catch it solely for the glory and possibility of some real good media coverage being the hero that saved the day and rescued it and got it to some place that would take care of it. I failed but I doubt the coyotes did much better , seeing how well it could get air-borne.

NRA benefactor member
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #484353
12/27/07 05:43 AM
12/27/07 05:43 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border

I can't browse either site, until I join, so I didn't see anything about training.

Just as well I guess, if it costs $100 just to look at the website, I probably don't want to know how much the school costs?

I do wonder, though, if I might actually see a TRAP at that school?

NPWMA.net is a free website , you must register to join and use your real name to sign up. They will not allow you to use an nickname to prevent people who may want to discredit people working in this trade by hiding behind a screen name.

I am quite sure you will see plenty of traps and equipment of all kinds at that school. It is kinda hard to teach without them.

NRA benefactor member
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Cragar] #484421
12/27/07 08:40 AM
12/27/07 08:40 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Krusty-

I agree completely with Cragar. You have had great opportunities to learn from both LT Grey and David Vinke. No one locally will ever teach you like you expect.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #484834
12/27/07 03:55 PM
12/27/07 03:55 PM
Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
B
Bob Evans,-CWCP Offline OP
trapper
Bob Evans,-CWCP  Offline OP
trapper
B

Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
Krusty,a humbled opinion if you can stand another? Don't turn down work net work with the people in your area that can PROVIDE this work.In turn they will send you work IN YOUR FIELD OF WORK.AS to training HOW CAN I HELP YOU? Answer ? This is what I started this tread for to try an identify what people getting into this business want to learn and what WE as working in it can do so you have what you need?
bob evans cwcp

Bird,live honey Bee,Unique wildlife problems SOLVED.
Serving the great state of New York

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #484889
12/27/07 04:38 PM
12/27/07 04:38 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Without airing a whole lot of dirty laundry, I can say that I tried as hard as I could to deal with both LT and Vinke.

I was actually surprised that LT came to town without telling me.

The last correspondence I had with him, the plan was I was going to pick him up at the airport and drive him up north... then he fell off the radar (and like a dummy I worried about him, not even knowing a flight number to check on).
I e-mailed, I left phone messages, and I was bummed out.

To this day, I don't know why he did me like that. \:\(

LT blamed it on Dave, and Dave blamed it on him?
I'm willing to accept my part of the blame, and move on.

Do a search of the history between the three of us (Vinke deletes the cheap shots he takes, so he may appear more innocent), it's not an invisible thing.

I offered LT a handcarved wooden predator call, worth around $100, for the traps he offered me.
He refused to ever send them, even though I was under the assumption we had "a deal"... it's in the archives.
LT also said he was sending me some tapes, but they never showed up... also in archives.

It's funny that real names come into question.... LT is a nameless faceless anonymous imposter.

He's hiding behind a screen name right now.

My name, Jeff Savoie, is posted on this site, in several places,and it's in the phonebook.
I'm not hiding from anything.

When I first asked Vinke to take me on a ride along he told me he was "not allowed to take unlicensed passengers" (which is totally false).
I offered to carry loads, buy lunch, or help him out in any way I could (I know I have skills that would be valuable to him).

I continue to try and help both, Vinke and LT, go look at the outline on cage trapping, I wrote for Dave... archives.
Or ask LT how many pm's I sent him, trying to teach him to post photos, and other computer skills (that could make him a better businessman).

Both of them, do a good job of LOOKING LIKE they are willing to help, but neither has ever come through, in reality.

I didn't squander something, that doesn't exist. They snatched the rug out from under me...

Burn me once, shame on you...
Burn me twice, shame on me.

Cragar,

It doesn't matter if the water is one inch, or one thousand feet over your head, both will drown you, if you're trapped.

I thought the whole point here was "it's a new day, that was then and this is now"... "there's no room for newbies to make mistakes, it gives the industry a black eye"...?

And since you have no idea what my actual skills are, how can you say I won't make "too many"?

Without confidence, I'm pretty sure I would, and that I would put my family back in the financial hole I dug last year (unsuccessfully fur trapping full time, and paying lawyers fees), I'm still struggling to get out of.

It doesn't matter who puts up roadblock, if they are real.

If I found roadblocks in Ron's well thought out list, perhaps there's a reason for it? And I should try to be intelligent enough to weigh the situation for myself, with my own scales.

You have no clue what skills I do or do not possess, so it's easy for you to gamble with my future.
Doing so holds no consequences for you.

I don't like the idea of a website that is private, so it's unlikely I would join, just to look around and possibly never return.

Interesting to me, the only question you didn't answer is the BIG one, "After I send the $100, how are they going to make sure I really am, and can do, all the things they claim?"

If I can BUY IT, how does that title hold any truth?

Robb,

I repeat... The opportunity was a sham. It never existed.

I don't think you understand what I "expect", and what I don't.

I offered "the industry" my thoughts on the possible solutions, to an obvious problem, in this thread.

And I only offered them merely for the sake of the discussion, because few other "new guys" have the thick skin I do, and most are afraid to offer their "view from the outside".

I don't expect my point of view to be acted on, or even taken seriously, by the industry as a whole.
And I don't expect to be beaten up for it.

I don't want, or expect anything, from any of you, anymore...

This has been a colossal drain on my time, and my spirit. \:\(

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go see what the mexicans bid on the job I looked at yesterday (and probably have the homeowner quiz me about how to tell if they are doing the job right).

I know plenty about competition! I'm tired of going backwards to compete, when I am good at what I do!
And I wish the local kids I taught to do it, WERE competing with me!
At least we'd be competing for an AMERICAN living wage.

I can't stay in this whirlpool much longer. \:\(

Krusty (not happy, no wave)

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #484953
12/27/07 05:33 PM
12/27/07 05:33 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Robert,

I missed your post while writing my novella.

Your opinion, and that of everyone else, is totally welcome, that's why we joined this forum, right? \:\)

I haven't turned down work, only one of my steady customers knows of my NWCO, and most don't know I trap at all.
(*And usually it's better if they don't, remember trapping was "banned" by (misguided) voters here... people in Seattle/Tacoma decide "how it's going to be" for the whole State (by overwhelming majority)).
I could lose construction customers by admitting my bloodthirsty ways (hunting and trapping). ;\)

The one customer who knows of my NWCO asked if I could do work, but I told him, straight up, of my level of experience... and being a savvy businessman, he said "I'll let you practice for free." \:\)

But we all know it's not free, it would come at a loss to me, loss of otherwise billable time (I usually work T&M), and un-recovered costs of operation.

A starling hole we discussed, while I was repairing the roof, a month or more before I got my NWCO, was the "job" in question.

I live right smack in the middle of one of the ten biggest cities in the U.S.
Finding work isn't the problem, completing it, and more importantly the confidence to attempt doing the job at all, are what I lack.

Several months back, in writing the outline for Dave, I realized there were some big holes in my bag of tricks.
And until I could fix them, they might as well be big holes in my cage traps.

Trapping, is the foundation of NWCO work, and of the knowledge needed.

That's where I need to start.

It's impossible for a blind man to lead his guide. ;\)

I can't tell you what YOU could do to help, if I could, I probably wouldn't need it.

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485033
12/27/07 06:15 PM
12/27/07 06:15 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Krusty-

All of us here are simply problem solvers. Sure we trap it and preventing a re-occurrance is equally part of the package. If you are licensed to operate in your city, county and state legally forget the image of our work being bloodthirsty killers. Again. We are problem solvers and operate within the laws of the land as they apply.

If your licensed and insured go ahead hang out your shingle. Trapping is not new to you; simply accept the jobs you are comfortable with. In time you will gain experience doing other new aspects of the industry. Never bite off more then you can chew. Be honest with your customers if your not sure let them know that you can "try". Your time is valuable no need to learn entirely free since you have your own associated costs.

Join a association like NWCOA or NPWMA . For example: NWCOA is I believe $65 a year and it includes a one year subscription to WCT magazine. Its not the only maghazine in the industry either . Got my copy of Wildlife Management Professional in the mail today. Kudos Jeff!!

We were all new once, we have all made mistakes and most of us still do. The trick is not to make the same mistake twice. LOL

LT Grey is very real and his phone number is real too. You will find him listed on The Wildlife Pro Directory in Ohio.

http://thewildlifepro.com/dir.html

I don't understand the conflict stuff and can assure you their are no conspiracies to step on KrustyKlimber any chance anyone gets going on here. I can't ever really think of anyone who has posted here to ever exhibit such behavior.

You need some help, pm me or call . If I don't have the answer I promise you I know who to get the answers from. But most of us do that anyway on this board. Without mentioning names I have many in The Wildlife Pro Network who offer mentoring.

As far as the training and spending money. How long would it take you working by yourself to gain the same knowledge of running around with 15-20 other ADC types learning and bringing their own experiences to the table for one week. If you learned one good technique, and used it for the next 20 years you would find the training priceless. Chances are you will come home with dozens of new ideas you will want to incorporate in your own business. The good thing is those other 15-20 guys will probably network with you in both help and lead production the rest of your time in wildlife control. Training is again: Priceless.

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485173
12/27/07 07:47 PM
12/27/07 07:47 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Robb,

I think you misunderstand me, I have a good base of construction and repair customers, some of whom might not continue to require my handyman services if they knew "I kill things" (hunting and fur trapping).

I'm not sure if the liability insurance I carry (bond), covers control work, but I know I am covered for the repair/exclusion part of it though (but only up to 1/4 million).

Once I have some teeth, I'll take your advice, and not bite off more than I can chew. ;\)
Until then, I'm not biting anything (trapping related).

LT Grey is not his real name... I can call myself Bob McGillicutty... doesn't make it true either.

And I was thankful for your listings, when he went "missing", I called all of the numbers you have listed trying to find out if he was okay, what flight, when I was supposed to be at the airport?
Nobody ever returned ANY of those messages.

So I, personally, am having a hard time believing in LT.

(*And I had left that whole week open, no work, so I could hang out with Dave and LT, at their convenience... that was for sure NOT a good investment in training!)

I never claimed there were conspiracies to "step on me", I claimed there are no conspiracies to HELP... Nick, or me, or any other "new guy".
Because there aren't.

And I dunno why you guys are mad at me for pointing it out?

Vinke tried to yank the rug out from under me, again... taking back his offer "to have coffee?" ...even though I was smart enough not to get caught standing on it (believing he ever really would help me), because of what I posted in this thread.

I've had enough of his hissy fits, and take backs.

He is, the boy who cried "I can help you"... all talk and no action.

It doesn't matter how good some training is, if I can't afford to take it, or apply it.

And with the "training" I have received in the past... that was supposed to prepare me, but did not... I am a little reluctant to believe your testimony. If I go you your school, will I even SEE a trap?
And too, the association I am part of now, the WSTA, leaves something to be desired, so I am not in a hurry to join another one.

All this, joining, and traveling, and training... seems like a lot to go through, just to see what the business looks like, BEFORE I make the decision whether or not to go into it (on my own).

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485309
12/27/07 08:38 PM
12/27/07 08:38 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Krusty-

I don't have a school, nor am I paid to promote one I am just an advocate of training.

We all know LT Grey has a real name. Its his choice to remain anonymous not yours. I assure you - I am who I am! I am Popeye the Sailor Man. LOL

I think of this as a honorable profession. I have never trapped for fun or fur. I definitely take offense to any negative characterization of our industry.

Were problem solvers period.

I deal with tree huggers everyday in my work many of them refer me to their friends. I find most folks with animal conflicts have another tune when the animal is destroying their property or home. When asked I state "All my work is humane and according to the laws of my city, county and state".

Maybe you should think of yourself as something other then a Trapper then. You know Wildlife control, animal control or animal damage control something that paints a more positive picture for your clients about what you do!!

Trapper Robb and my public association with the name has actually worked for me!!

Good Luck to you!

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485461
12/27/07 09:34 PM
12/27/07 09:34 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Krusty.......Your statement is incorrect.....As a WA NWCO you are not allowed to use others to help (as per Carrol), not even my kids to help....Plus when You asked me I did not Know you! You were dirty looking and did not make a favorable impression.

TWO- The post that I edited were edited because you took them wrong

Three- You [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] off LT;;;;

Four- I never asked for your Help with ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Five- I don't need you assistance in ANYTHING

Six- I gave you a second change and you neglected to act on it

Seven- I am glad you didn't

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485485
12/27/07 09:43 PM
12/27/07 09:43 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Robb,

Right now, I can only portray what I am... I am what I am, and that's all what I am. ;\)

I didn't mean to say "it's best if my customers don't know I am a WCO", it's best that some of them don't know I hunt and trap (for fun and fur).

All of my hunting and trapping methods, are humane, and are done according to the law... but people in this state believe they made ALL trapping illegal (unless done by a State agency), and it makes some of them very mad to find out it was not.

I agree, WHEN the time comes, the attitudes of the people I'd not share my personal life with will indeed change.
Until then, I'd rather not put my wage earning power at risk, by discussing MY HOBBIES which they might find objectionable.

I was once let go, on a fencing job, because I offered to come and shoot all the bunnies I thought I was fencing out... turns out I was fencing out the coyotes, the garden was FOR the rabbits.

The "bloodthirsty" comment was sarcastic, and directed at nobody but myself.
My niece, the vegetarian, called me it when I arrived with a prime rib roast, so it was stuck in my vocabulary.

Maybe YOU should think of me, NOT selling myself as a trapper, or a WCO, or anything else...

I got some plum trees to prune, a bathroom to build in a shop, I have to replace a pump house and pour a concrete pad around the well head, and a few more jobs lined up... none of them involves traps or wild animals.

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485536
12/27/07 10:05 PM
12/27/07 10:05 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Krusty-

The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485561
12/27/07 10:17 PM
12/27/07 10:17 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Robb,

You mean it could get worse... part of me still wants to do it. \:\)

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485573
12/27/07 10:22 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Here is some info on the upcoming WCT / NWCOA conference. I was contacted about doing a presentation on boom lifts and scissors lifts for WCO work, but it's on my birthday and the family has some special plans. I'll be half-way to a hundred......

http://www.wctech.com/7thsem.htm

And YES... it contains TRAPPING info with a wide variety of equipment!

Ron Scheller

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485574
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Vinke,

One- So... when LT rode around with you, he was licensed as an NWCO in Washington?
Sean told me, it was only PAID employees that must be licensed, just like it says in the training materials from the NCWO course.

I wanted to make sure it was legal for me to go with my Dad, in his truck.

Two- You weren't real clean, that day, yourself, hadn't you spent some time under the hood of your beater truck, tired, etc?
I came from work to be at that meeting... I didn't think a trapper's assoc meeting was a fashion show?

Nope, I ain't pretty... but how shallow to hold that against a guy, it's not like I wanted a job, or a kiss.

Three- I still don't understand what I did to make LT mad, he's a big boy, he should get over it... I did, and I thought he did too?
Why can't you?

Four- Just because you didn't ask me personally, doesn't mean you didn't ask for input... on the outline, the bat guano, and other things, I DID try to help with.
I responded as a fellow member of this site and the WSTA, because I could help, and for no other reason.

You don't owe me anything.

Five- You may not need my assistance, but if I can I will offer it, it's part of my nature to turn the other cheek, and try to do the right thing.

If that ever changes, and you need something, don't hesitate to ask.
I'm a better man than that, I never turn down someone who needs my help.
I can be mad later (or not), after they are okay.

Six- Your "chances" are a bunch of baloney!
I was trying to be polite, but I don't want anything from you... that's why I didn't bother to meet you for coffee, or contact you about doing "sub-contract" work for you.

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #485638
12/27/07 10:44 PM
12/27/07 10:44 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Robb,

You mean it could get worse... part of me still wants to do it. \:\)

Krusty

The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Just wanted you to know those words came from our favorite "Proud Yankee Slime".

I would want all the business Vinke could send me and then even more. I would also be sending all the wildlife control opportunities you choose not to do his way. You should be networking here and not in little scrimmages online. That is why I used the earlier in this post.

Maybe getting hired on by a established firm will address many of your concerns. I have been lead to believe you have strong construction skills and some trapping experience and dependent upon your personal communication skills, personality and appearance you may prove to be asset to most any wildlife or pest control company .

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485772
12/27/07 11:36 PM
12/27/07 11:36 PM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Robb,

Dude...

I am not convinced Vinke had any work for me, or ever would in the future.
He might be your favorite, but he's not mine.

Did he ever answer your question about who (in Fla) made the otter trap?

Krusty

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bob Jameson, LAtrapper