classified ads

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trap Shed Page)

Trading Post
(Please support Trappers World, one of our sponsors for the Trap Shed Page)

Trap Shed Rules

1. All posts made for selling must contain the asking price for the item - this is not Ebay.
2. No electronic media (videos, dvds, audios) will be sold or traded on this forum.
3. Trapperman.com is not responsible for transactions made at this site.
4. This page is intended for the sale, trade or purchase of used trapping equipment and not a place to sell new items, or stuff you manufacture.
5. No Begging for free stuff
6. A post may only be brought to the top purposely three times, and will be locked after the third time. Once a post has been locked or deleted, it cannot be put back on the forum for one month.
7. Make it clear what you wish in the title, not just WTT or WTB
8. The only reply allowed on each thread is a TTT by the post initiator. All questions and communications will be done by PMs only. If PMs aren't answered in a timely manner, the poster will be banned from using the Trap Shed. (Exception to Rule #8 - A reply is allowed by a person who sends payment. Once payment sent is posted, the post will be locked.)
9. Except for muzzleloaders, no Guns, or ammunition will be bought/sold/traded on this forum.
10. You are limited to three threads at any one time for selling/trading/buying items. All posts older than 1 month with no activity will be locked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5003532 - 04/10/15 08:58 AM Trap Shed Users Tips shipping USPS(UpDate 4/16)
coytclr Offline
trapper

Loc: North of Harrisburg, Pa.
Trap Shed Sellers & Buyers------I talked to Paul on doing a USPS shipping tips. This might not be for everyone that is selling items on the Trap Shed, but all sellers
might want to consider.

I hope these tips on how to ship the least costly by USPS, helps other's on the Trap Shed.

Seems the biggest concern is the cost of shipping items, over and above the cost of the item's, one is selling or buying.

1) The first thing as a BUYER you need to remember, is the min. shipping cost for Priority Mail is $6.80 as a Small Flat Rate Box, and this is for the SELLER using, Post Office or the CLICK & SHIP on line label, no discount, for 2016.

2) The first thing the SELLER needs to remember is, to be able to ship the least costly way, you will need to go to www.usps.com and open a account, if you don't already have one. You can't ship the least costly way, by taking your goods to your local Post Office, because that is the most costly shipping.

A lot of sellers state they will ship in a Med. Flat Rate Box at $13.45 Post Office Price, or on line Price label, or a Large Flat Rate Box at $18.75 Post Office Price, or on line label Price.

The other option with using the CLICK & SHIP label, is you can use the Priority Mail Regional Rate Boxes, A, B. Box C discounted 2016. The ones you will use the most will be A & B boxes. These you will need to order through the on line shipping boxes order form. YOU CAN'T GET THESE AT YOU LOCAL POST OFFICE! Unless someone who ship's with them gives some to the local office.

Using the Regional Rate Boxes, the shipping weight allowed is as follows---A-15 lb., B-20 lb..

Example----Say I'm shipping items that weigh 14 lb. 10 oz., and sending from Pa. to La. and the items fit in a Reg. Box A and cost $8.92, using the CLICK & SHIP LABEL. Now most would have used a Med. Flat Rate Box costing $13.45 taking it to the Post Office, or using CLICK & SHIP Label As you can see the shipping cost savings is $4.53, which is a saving on shipping to the buyer of your items.

Now we use the same shipping weight 14 lb. 10 oz., but the items will not fit the Reg. A box, or Med. Flat Rate box, and now we have to use either the Reg. B or Lg. Flat box, so the cost of the Reg. B box using CLICK & SHIP Label is $13.37, and using the Lg. Flat box is $18.75 at Post Office or using CLICK & SHIP label, with a savings of $5.38 on shipping.

So as you can see you can save money on the shipping by shipping other ways beside FLAT RATE shipping.

As I stated at the start, not all will want to do this, for one reason or the other, but remember, it doesn't cost you anything to set up your account with USPS, and it will save your buyer's money on shipping.

As BUYERS, we need to remember it cost as much to ship 24 Quick Links as it does to ship 75, and that cost is $6.80 Flat Rate small box using, Post Office or CLICK & SHIP Label.

I want to thank Paul for giving me the go ahead to post these shipping tips using USPS, and hopes it was help full.

Thanks for reading and PM me any question, & will try to answer.

Coytclr

Edited by coytclr (04/23/16 04:26 PM)

#5019675 - 04/21/15 07:23 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
mttrapperguy Offline
trapper

Loc: missoula, mt 59803
Thank you, very helpful

#5022636 - 04/22/15 11:13 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper

Loc: upstate NY
I work in a big mail facility.Make sure all pkgs are taped good and when shipping traps a few extra wraps of tape do not hurt.When pkgs are dumped on a conveyor they could be dumped from as high as 5 feet.....Just a little info. Ed

#5024737 - 04/24/15 04:51 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
Mr. Bill Offline
trapper

Loc: Oregon
I appreciate you trying to help both sides with this. You pmed me about this,and am going to try to do this before long if I keep shipping. The older one gets the harder it is to do "new" things. I won't be shipping a bunch for awhile,but would like to save money for anyone that buys something. The olser one gets,the harder it is to "change over." Thank you very much.

#5025961 - 04/25/15 03:21 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: Mr. Ed]
BigBob Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted By: Mr. Ed
Make sure all pkgs are taped good and when shipping traps a few extra wraps of tape do not hurt.When pkgs are dumped on a conveyor they could be dumped from as high as 5 feet.

X2, and also if you go to the USPS website, you can get free shipping BAGS, sent right to your house/biz, that are cheaper yet!

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!

#5041916 - 05/09/15 11:30 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
wissmiss Offline

Loc: north Idaho
Another thing to keep in mind is that Flat Rate shipping applies to every where the Postal Service operates, not just the lower 48 states.

That includes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam - any place with a zip code qualifies for Flat Rate shipping.

#5100871 - 06/27/15 11:28 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: Mr. Bill]
Jeff Laskowski Offline
trapper

Loc: Ryan, Oklahoma U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Mr. Bill
I appreciate you trying to help both sides with this. You pmed me about this,and am going to try to do this before long if I keep shipping. The older one gets the harder it is to do "new" things. I won't be shipping a bunch for awhile,but would like to save money for anyone that buys something. The olser one gets,the harder it is to "change over." Thank you very much.

I agree Bill. Us old guys seem to stick with what is easy and has worked in the past. LOL!

#5108010 - 07/02/15 04:51 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
manyplews Offline
trapper

Loc: SW Pa.
The regional rate box A,is the best deal available if your buyer is only a couple hundred miles away.
Just be aware that there are 2 styles of Regional Rate boxes for eaCH category.
There are the flat rate envelopes also - cardboard and padded - that ship for about $5.35,regardless of weight.
I use the padded one a lot.Put the item in a box that will fit in the envelope and tape the heck out of it.The USPS "video" box is a little bigger than the small flat rate box,but it will fit in the padded envelope and ship for $5.35.

#5297291 - 12/03/15 12:36 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
Alaska Man 2016 Offline
trapper

Loc: Cantwell Alaska
What would you guys say would be the best method to ship stretchers from AR to PA?

#5298876 - 12/04/15 07:23 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper

Loc: PA Venango Co.
there is a 20 lb weight limit on the region boxes and the rates are deturmed by the zip shipped to.

I have found it is cheeper to ship strtchers by fedEx or UPS than USPS in the lower 48.
PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-677-2564 http://marsh.20megsfree.com

#5300567 - 12/05/15 03:42 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
wissmiss Offline

The weight limits on the regional boxes are as follows.

Regional A - 15 pounds
Regional B - 20 pounds
Regional C - 25 pounds

#5370109 - 01/17/16 11:45 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: wissmiss]
trapper_Bob Offline
trapper

Loc: upstate ny
Did USPS flat rate prices just go up?

#5372060 - 01/18/16 10:52 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: trapper_Bob]
wissmiss Offline

Originally Posted By: trapper_Bob
Did USPS flat rate prices just go up?

Yes. They went up yesterday - January 17, 2016

Increase was rather substantial. Plus they did away with the on line discount, which was 15%.

#5374078 - 01/19/16 02:27 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
bpb Offline
trapper

Loc: Madison county Ga.
The increase sux, but such is life . Looks like the regional boxes my work for me since I ship quite a bit in the 2 or 3 box or bag of bullets and brass.

#5383687 - 01/24/16 09:28 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
Cletis Richards Online   happy
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
I have found that the regional boxes are still not available online

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5384064 - 01/25/16 07:57 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: Cletis Richards]
wheelers Offline
"Trap Shed Sheriff"

Loc: Minnesota
Cletis,I use stamps.com and they are on there.

#5398546 - 02/02/16 06:08 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: wheelers]
coytclr Offline
trapper

Loc: North of Harrisburg, Pa.
The Regional Boxes A & B are now back on the click & ship.

#5400893 - 02/04/16 10:21 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper

Loc: central arkansas
FYI: some post offices will not ship magazines as media mail

member FTA, NRA, SWARFTA, EAFT

1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator

#5434004 - 02/25/16 05:57 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
red mt Online   content
trapper

Loc: montana
Price of shipping went up BTW check before shipping

#5460680 - 03/15/16 10:33 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
decoy Offline
trapper

Best way to ship magazines and/or books????

#5527469 - 05/19/16 08:41 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: decoy]
LBEE Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
The last ones I mailed used the Post Office they have a Book Rate that was reasonable.

#5545329 - 06/07/16 12:35 PM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
seniortrap Offline
trapper

Loc: michigan,USA
Quote:
The first thing as a BUYER you need to remember, is the min. shipping cost for Priority Mail is $6.80 as a Small Flat Rate Box.

Apparently the guy I have sold some brass to, thinks he had to send the Postal M.O. in a flat rate Priority mail folder. At $6.45.

When an envelope with a $.47 stamp would have covered it just fine. I wonder if that was the Post Masters suggestion.

FYI

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"

#5681157 - 10/27/16 05:58 AM Re: Trap Shed Users Tips on shipping USPS [Re: coytclr]
LBEE Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
Thank you for posting this information....was very helpful....CASH saving !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >