No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5974748 - 08/13/17 06:31 PM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
Softshell Turtle Offline
trapper

Loc: California
What happened? Was it illegal to bring back to Minnesota?

#5974780 - 08/13/17 07:06 PM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Softshell Turtle]
Zim Offline
trapper

Loc: Rock Springs, WI
Ah, it was a prank played on one trapper by another. As far as legality, might be a case there as the dillo was a non-resident.

Zim

#5978626 - 08/17/17 11:31 PM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
Chalk1 Commander Offline
trapper

Loc: Palmer Alaska USA/King NC for ...
Anything yet?

#5978668 - 08/18/17 04:01 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
USMC47 Offline

Loc: CA & Montana
Aix, text me when you get one. This thread has my undivided attention but I forget to check it.

www.derricks-nm.com

www.montanatrappingsupplies.com

#5978729 - 08/18/17 07:07 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Chalk1 Commander]
Aix sponsa Online   content
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Chalk1 Commander
Anything yet?

Snaring armadillos is something I will revisit at some point, but if it doesn't have a flat tail and build dams, then it's way down the list of my priorities at this time. I haven't given diller snaring a serious effort yet. You'll know it when I do. Snaring armadillos, either I can do it, or I'm too dumb to know that I can't.

The single biggest problem I had during my halfhearted attempts earlier was opossums. With bodygrips, a grinner would get whacked, leaving the remaining sets available. With these snares, they would just fire em all. I have a couple new Indian tricks in mind for the day I come back to it whenever I get time to do it right.

#5980926 - 08/21/17 08:11 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Softshell Turtle]
trapper

Originally Posted By: Softshell Turtle
Aix, you know a guy named Eric in your state? He can set you up with a bunch of traps and teach you how to trap armadillos. I buy from him on a regular basis.

Trying to snare them was just for fun. It wasn't meant to be anything but that. I'll give it another try when things slow down

#6168697 - 02/24/18 11:38 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper

Loc: Amite county Mississippi
ttt
I Like Moddin Traps 'N Trapping Possums
Go Ordnance!!!!

#6276714 - 07/11/18 12:04 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
On a Call Offline
trapper

Loc: S/E Mich - N/W Ohio
I cannot take the suspense....:)

I came back from the dead to discover the outcome and I am left hanging like one of those movies that do not end ( well ).

So....any luck, photos ?

#6276801 - 07/11/18 06:02 AM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
trapper

I believe it can be done, but I haven't had time to dedicate to it.

One of these days, I'm going to either prove I can do it, or I'll admit that I can't. I'm not sure if I've said it already in this thread or not, but I'll say it now---- I feel as though I know what it will take to get it done, but I haven't taken the time to put the theory into practice. I do not believe a "convential snare used the conventional way" is the answer. I haven't spent much time trying to disprove that either. When the body armor is considered, I think anyone would realize the typical setup won't work. I also feel as though the shape and armor will prevent a lock from locking up, SO, when you can't go over, you must go..........?

When I first started it, I was probably asking about neck snaring them. However, I decided that if I could consistently body snare them, that would suffice.

Honestly, it just hasn't been high on my list of priorities, but one day, I'll get to the bottom of it at the request of my buddy River Birch. I do believe the answer is a snare that is inverted. I just have to prove it.

#6277274 - 07/11/18 07:49 PM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
DuxDawg Offline
trapper

Loc: SE WI
Very enjoyable thread. Many thanks y'all.

#6277453 - 07/11/18 11:23 PM Re: ------Snaring Armadillos [Re: Aix sponsa]
Boco Offline
trapper

Loc: james bay frontierOnt.
I've never seen one but i'm pretty sure I could snare one.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6