ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Turkeys #5761184
01/05/17 10:02 PM
01/05/17 10:02 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline OP
trapper
bob pake  Offline OP
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
I have been asked to catch four wild turkeys ( un harmed ). They are not very wild . They roost on pallets behind one residence and go two doors down were a person feeds them. The home owner says that you can approach them and they don't seem to care. I am pretty sure that I can arrive with a large landing net and scoop one bird. After that the remaining birds will be a little too wary . Sence they roost on pallets I was wondering if I could go after dark with a bright light and expect to scoop the rest. I have no experience catching pigeons or any other bird at night. I was hopeful that some one with experience could lend some advice.

#2 Scoop one bird put it in a repeating bird trap as a decoy bird add a little corn and water and good things should happen ??????

thanks Bob

Re: Turkeys [Re: bob pake] #5761865
01/06/17 01:02 PM
01/06/17 01:02 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY

I think a large cage and concentrated feed will have the best chance once they get used to it being there and will walk in.

Since it is a game bird make sure you have the required permits.

Re: Turkeys [Re: bob pake] #5761918
01/06/17 01:49 PM
01/06/17 01:49 PM
GEORGIA
Moonpie Offline
trapper
Moonpie  Offline
trapper

GEORGIA
X2 on the permits. Looks like you are Canada...so you fall under different regs...check before you catch.

Moonpie
East Central Ga.
Re: Turkeys [Re: bob pake] #5762116
01/06/17 05:59 PM
01/06/17 05:59 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Approach caught wild turkeys very carefully. Their wings and spurs will hurt you majorly.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread