No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5784160 - 01/23/17 12:36 PM TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Just to let you know the dates as always is the third full weekend in March which is the weekend of the 18th this year. The fish fry will be Friday evening the 17th and we will have breakfast as always Sat morning. This is a copy and paste of infor shared in a PM

I have not checked into the motels (we will check into local motels), but Miami is close and everyone is welcome to the event, trappers fishermen, hunters and those new to the sport.....how we finance is either cash donation or bring a trapping related item for the raffle. According to how many items are donated determine how many piles of booty the winners choose from, with first ticket drawn gets first choice on which pile of items, second pick second choice, and so on and so on.

Fish fry on fri eve bring your own drinks, menu is fish, taters, hush puppies, cole slaw .

Sat breakfast eggs, bacon, sausage pancakes , coffee , syrup and butter. We will have milk and orange juice on first come basis.

The noon meal the main course is provided , (I have not conferred with our CHEF Dallas Greenwood on main course yet)I just got off of the phone with Chef Dallas and we will have pulled pork also along with it there will be a few whole chickens in the smoker also,and bread. Side dishes and desserts are brought in much like family picnics and Church dinners. We will have paper plates, plastic silverware, bottled water, some drinks , cups and ice..if you have a favorite drink or want to bring extra drinks feel free to contribute. Almost forgot we will have the fancy napkins on a roll also.
Hope this answers some of your ???

Later I will start a RSVP list so we will have an idea of food quantities.

Also now taking volunteers on help and who would like to do a demo. Right now on the demos we have a young man that is going to show how he caught his first bobcat...he made his set without an adult present...he did use his dads no three dukes and bait and urine from his Dads stash.

THERE IS A RSVP LIST ON PAGE 9

See you there

Cletis

Here is the map showing where it is located for the first timers WE are at Shelter no Three upper campground

Edited by Cletis Richards (02/24/17 09:01 PM)

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5784324 - 01/23/17 02:46 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Loc: Sauk County, WI
Sounds like another great event on its way! Like every year, Zim and I will look at the calendar and wish ... grin

#5784340 - 01/23/17 03:00 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Patrice
Sounds like another great event on its way! Like every year, Zim and I will look at the calendar and wish ... grin
As always the welcome mat is there for you .

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5784760 - 01/23/17 08:13 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
TonyDG Offline
trapper

Loc: Dallas Co MO
If Patrice is coming ill be there just to see if she can make fish and hush puppies look like haute cuisine!

#5784903 - 01/23/17 09:20 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: TonyDG]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: TonyDG
If Patrice is coming ill be there just to see if she can make fish and hush puppies look like haute cuisine!
You should come anyway.

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5785788 - 01/24/17 04:00 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5786012 - 01/24/17 06:55 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
Malaya was just asking when the fish fry was. I reckon there will be a good representation from my household. Let us know what you need from us and we will try our best to do it. Brian.

#5786512 - 01/25/17 06:50 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
Cletis, I know for sure that my son and I will be there. We are hoping to be able to bring a couple of our Grandsons, but at this point, I do not have an accurate head count. We are looking forward to visiting with everyone again, and meeting some new friends.
Let me know if we can bring anything other than normal items. I know you all do a lot for the little ones, so if you need anything to help with that, we'll be happy to help!!!
See ya all soon!!!

#5788231 - 01/26/17 01:27 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: hrdtoflw]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Hey Cletis ...

If Zim and I can come down there, do you think there would be anyone who would be willing to take us out fishing? We would have all of our own gear, but wouldn't be there with a boat. I've never caught a spoonbill, but I'd give my right arm to get the chance!

Patrice

#5788257 - 01/26/17 02:01 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

I'm not Cletus but I'm sure that somebody would step up and take you guys out in the boat.

#5788319 - 01/26/17 02:57 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Thanks, Coolstucco!

Do you think they still would even if I act like a little kid and never want to quit fishing and have to be dragged back to the landing when everyone else wants to quit? (Zim puts up with a lot around here!) laugh

#5788346 - 01/26/17 03:10 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Patrice, you sound like about 99 percent of the the people who attend without a boat. laugh I always have a bushel basket of kids to ride herd on so I have not been out on the water since the first year but there are always boats with at least one open seat it seems. On the other side if you don't get to fish you can always help with the cooking. We always manage a good tasting spread but it doesn't have the high falutten presentation you always show.

Come on down we would love to have you guys, even if all you did was fish.

#5788354 - 01/26/17 03:18 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

If you guys make it this year you will get to try some of my kraut balls, BigD pouted last year because I didn't make them so I promised I would this year. I have been searching and experimenting to find something new to bring this year also.

#5788374 - 01/26/17 03:33 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.
Originally Posted By: Patrice
Thanks, Coolstucco!

Do you think they still would even if I act like a little kid and never want to quit fishing and have to be dragged back to the landing when everyone else wants to quit? (Zim puts up with a lot around here!) laugh

I think it would be a fantastic experience for you,Patrice!

Imagine-catching your very first spoonbill !

What a grand life event for you to enjoy- as well as the fortunate fisherman who assists you both in sharing in that happiness-and helping to make that happen. What a hoot to be there to enjoy that!

And this time you can be the one who relaxes,has fun fishing,and let others cook for you smile You certainly deserve that .

cool

#5788386 - 01/26/17 03:40 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Marty B Offline
"arbitrary noob"

Loc: NE
It's worth the trip just for the grub!

#5788420 - 01/26/17 04:05 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Sharon, you should come also.

#5788421 - 01/26/17 04:07 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Patrice there were still people willing to take Marty out even after he threatened to tie himself in the boat. shocked

#5788480 - 01/26/17 05:12 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Well, it sure would be nice to get down there and see some of the people there and catch some fish. I would definitely bring some special food items!

#5788541 - 01/26/17 06:01 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.
Originally Posted By: coolstucco
Sharon, you should come also.

Thank you! I did think it over but I can't then. Seeing herself catch her first spoonbill would be a hoot-and enjoying friends.

#5788568 - 01/26/17 06:19 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

There is usually room in the boats, especially for goodlooking blondes and redheads.....Zim,Patricia and Sharon we would love to have you attend. I think Cattrax may make it this year, his work schedule has conflicted as his employment is one of the 24-7 deals. And I do love the cheese curds, one of my classmates married a Wisconsinite and come down from time to time. I have not heard from Jerry Morris if he was going to make it this year, with his electronics you can almost pick your side to hook them on.

Edited by Cletis Richards (01/26/17 06:21 PM)

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >