No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5848830 - 03/17/17 01:05 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Sharon Online   content
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.
OMG !!!!!! Look at you Chickie !!!!

Im so glad I checked in here now- to see this !!!

How amazing is that !!???

I knew you'd do it !

Look at your smile ! And Zim too!!!

When you can- please tell us how it went down for you both- the feelings- the excitement - the loving of life into this trip smile

Im so glad for you both- what a life goal attained -and the guys who helped surely were rewarded with the happiness in seeing you two in such smiles at that .

These are the pics I have been waiting for to see :))))

Have a great time tomorrow too- and through the weekend smile

Love that hair !!! wink

#5848842 - 03/17/17 03:34 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Sharon]
Cattrax Offline
trapper

Loc: Wy
Whats with the coats there cheesheads?!!! LOL

Sorry I missed it again Cletis, been 2 years now, need to make it next year for sure, even if I have to drag my boat the whole way!

#5848929 - 03/17/17 08:04 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
The spoonbill snagging has been great. We need some flow on the rivers, but they are still being caught. We ended up tagging 8 fish in our group, which is the limit. Zim, and Patrice both got one yesterday, and hope for two more in the morning.
The spoonbills had a good spawn in 2015, so there's some little guys lurking around. Be easy with the little guys, because they are the future!!!

#5848938 - 03/17/17 08:13 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Zim]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Loc: Sauk County, WI
Originally Posted By: Zim
They are! We just found out today firsthand how fun they are to catch and how good they are to eat!

Just for the record, that was me. I didn't know Zim was still logged in when I posted that. grin

#5848941 - 03/17/17 08:19 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Gary, you have been the most wonderful guide and your family is wonderful too. Zim and I had a great time here yesterday and we're looking forward to the fish fry festivities tonight and the main event tomorrow!

We sure enjoyed sharing a toast with you last night, Mr. Cletis!

What a great bunch of people!

Hey Montana Sharon Chickie ... SPOOOONBIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

#5848979 - 03/17/17 09:22 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Let the fun begin. Wooohoooo oh yeah

#5849031 - 03/17/17 10:36 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
kansaskoons Offline
trapper

Loc: Kansas
Friday and Monday are catch and release only right?

#5849055 - 03/17/17 11:07 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: kansaskoons]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: kansaskoons
Friday and Monday are catch and release only right?

That is correct. And it is a nice day to be out fishing.

#5849542 - 03/17/17 08:47 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: hrdtoflw]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

We had a fantastic supper this evening with the nicest people - good food, good company, a great time! Too tired to get my photos on right now but trust me, I have been taking lot of them! I'll post some after I get caught up tomorrow. grin

#5850283 - 03/18/17 07:37 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Hey folks! What a nice event! After that huge fish fry supper last night and a fantastic breakfast this morning, we got to snag another spoonbill and rejoin the festivities in time to see raffles and kids' trap setting contests and enjoy a monstrous lunch today.

I have loads and loads of photos I will be posting while we're on our way home tomorrow. I'll have my computer in the truck and we'll have ten or eleven hours of drive time, so that will give me a chance to get it all properly documented! I have some great shots, from fine folks and fine food to fine fishing and fun!

Thanks, Cletis and all of you who put on this event, and thanks for letting us cheeseheads join in the fun.

Thanks Hrdtoflw, for being our host extraordinaire on Thursday and our top notch fishing guide on Thursday and Saturday.

SPOOOOOOOOOONBIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL!!!!!

Patrice

PHOTOS TOMORROW! grin

#5850327 - 03/18/17 08:16 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
TONY.F Offline
trapper

Loc: N.C MO
Sounds like the snagging has been good everywhere my cousin and a couple of his buddys went out Friday and limited out on 60-70 pounders. And I hear lake of the Ozarks is doing above average results, only one place I haven't heard about and that's table rock! But all the other places are hitting good mostly big males. Water temps are still a bit cold to get the sows moving good. A warm water raise would throw everything into turbo!

#5850393 - 03/18/17 09:08 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper

Loc: Fontana KS
The Eastwood family all had a great time. It was time spent with good folks. We are already looking forward to next year.

Thank you to all responsible for putting this on. Hopefully more folks can make it in the future to share in the fun.

#5850479 - 03/18/17 10:28 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

All I can say is wow, I am finally getting tired. What a time we've had, spending our vacation with such wonderful people. I have never had so much fun fishing, and caught a lot of fish too!!! And this time, we have the photo's to prove it.
It started last Saturday for us. Fish after fish, then the real fun started Thursday, with Zim and Patrice, and it just gets better! As I lay here, sore and tired, and think about the friends made, and the memories made this year, how can it get any better.
John R and the boys today ended the fishing trip with us, and all was great.
Congrats to all who got thier hands on thier first spoonie, while in my humble lil fishin vessel, as it is an honor to have shared that time with you. Will get pics up in a day or two. We have to get home tomorrow for a short break, then off to Wyoming to get our puppy.
And now I'm thinking of the food, an there are not enough good things to be said about that. Wow, it was amazingly good. Thank you to all of the cooks who do this, you guys know who you are, it was absolutely AWESOME!!!!

#5850617 - 03/19/17 07:14 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
We couldn't have asked for any better weather this weekend, I still take credit for that because I had the tarps and heaters loaded up in the truck. The turnout was good and the the people that were there were wonderful. Next year will be the 10th year we have this and we hope it will be the largest yet, Dallas wants to cook a whole hog and the way it does it is just wonderful. He bones the hog with the skin on and fills the cavity with sausages, hot links and various other meats and it becomes a feast fit for a bunch of kings and queens.

The generosity of those attending as well as Bill Duke always amazes me. We had a No. 3 newhouse, a No.1 newhouse, a brand new spoonbill rod, and a very nice climbing tree stand donated for the silent auction. We had enough various trapping supplies and equipment and supplies that we were able to have 10 prize packages for the raffle and MTP donated traps and equipment to give as prizes for a youth dirthole set competition. We also had a 50/50 pot with the proceeds going to the Joplin, MO Kidney center fund to help local patients which raised $228 thanks in a large part to ALBTRAPPER who won the drawing and donated his half back to the center. Thank you very much Pat.

Sorry this is so long but I just wanted to say this and also to invite everyone to next years event. It will be the 3rd weekend in March and it is like a big family reunion, except you actually like all of the people there. Thanks to all who helped put this together and all who attended. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Mark your calender and see you next year if not before. Brian

#5850644 - 03/19/17 07:54 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

On the road, in the truck, on the computer, working on photos ... grin

SPOOOOONBIIIIIIILLLL!!!!!

#5850646 - 03/19/17 07:57 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Brian, it sure was nice to meet you and your family. We are carefully taking our little tomato and pepper plants home an will document their progress. Thank you so much! Best of luck with everything in your upcoming kidney venture. You know we will be rooting for you all the way!

#5850650 - 03/19/17 08:08 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper

Loc: Wheaton Ks
Had a great time, and seemed like all we did was eat! Food was off the chart good! Thanks to all you fine folks that put this on. I know one thing, I'll be back!

Patrice and Zim, thanks for encourging me to come down! Was so good to see you and get to hang out with you again! Travel safe my friends!

Now officially an old fart
http://www.lptraplinesupply.com

#5850654 - 03/19/17 08:21 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: lee steinmeyer]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Same to you, Lee! We were so glad to see you there!

Next year, we expect you to be all set up there selling your custom Death Ray spoonbill catch poles at the launch ramp! laugh

#5850663 - 03/19/17 08:30 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
Patrice, it was great to meet you and Zim and to finally get to try your turkey kabobs, they were wonderful. I brought your pickled pike jar home (Carlis found the pickled pike and finished it off) and will find something to put in it and send it home when the garden starts producing.

Lee, it was nice getting to visit with you and Dolly, hope you make it back next year.

#5850679 - 03/19/17 08:46 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper

Loc: Fontana KS
Lee, Michelle said bring MOM and Dolly next time.

For them two young fellas that placed 1st and 2nd in the dirt hole contest. Kylee is very competitive and is upset that "boys" beat her. You may want to practice as she has already started training for next year. LOL

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >