No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5851467 - 03/19/17 09:20 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
John, keep those young met out there yankin on a fishing pole. It did not take them long to get the technique down. Net year, we'll do it again!!!

#5851739 - 03/20/17 08:40 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Loc: Sauk County, WI
Originally Posted By: coolstucco
Patrice, there is enough food on that plate to feed me for a week. I sure miss getting to gorge myself on all the great foods at this get together.

Brian, did you see how slow I was moving after that? I just about hurt myself. laugh

#5851750 - 03/20/17 09:01 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Mike, we loved your little corner of the world and all of the people in it.

KansasKoons and Lee, I'm glad you enjoyed the kabobs! That is my favorite way to cook wild turkey and have the opportunity to share it with friends.

Sharon, I hope you had a fantastic birthday weekend! I will cook you some squirrel someday when we can get together and visit!

#5851773 - 03/20/17 09:25 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
okie4570 Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Oklahoma
Looks like the food was great! What was the attendance this year?

#5851785 - 03/20/17 09:44 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
tjm Offline
trapper

Loc: SWMo.
Wonderful pictures, Patrice. Thanks for posting them.

#5851846 - 03/20/17 11:13 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Aix sponsa Online   content
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Looks like I really missed a good time. Reckon I'll just have to catch the 10th anniversary Spoonbill Festival.

I'm just going to have to try my dangedest to make it in 2018.

#5852017 - 03/20/17 02:57 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Aix sponsa]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
Looks like I really missed a good time. Reckon I'll just have to catch the 10th anniversary Spoonbill Festival.

I'm just going to have to try my dangedest to make it in 2018.
And bring Bud with you.....We would like to see a record attendance.....Come on down or up which ever the case may be.

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5852120 - 03/20/17 05:17 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
I sure would like to be able to attend one of those spoonbill parties. I cant imagine the great time you all had. The folks and
the food I see displayed is absolutely unbelievable. If I can swing it I am going to do my best to attend next spring. If the wife doesn't get any better its hard to get away.

#5852138 - 03/20/17 05:43 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Bob come on down, it would be great for you to join in the festivities

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5852225 - 03/20/17 07:22 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Nessmuck Offline
trapper

Loc: New Hampshire
Wow....short sleeves too !..looks like you guys were killing it !! Is that Spoonbill a firm white ,type of meat ...like a Burbot ?

#5852292 - 03/20/17 08:13 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

It is firm when fried, and flakey when grilled. Smoked, it gets firm like salmon.
We drove home , to east central Mo. yesterday, then left again this morning. We just hit North Platte Nebraska, and I am done for the day.
Zim, a New Glaris cabin fever would really top off the evening, but it looks like a bud light will have to do. I would never make a truck driver!!

#5852309 - 03/20/17 08:22 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Wow, Patrice has been busy getting all of those photo's posted. And they are great photo's at that.

#5852713 - 03/21/17 09:03 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!What a great bunch of people. I want to thank Carlis Stephens (Mo), RCEdgar(Ok) and Lenny Dunham (Ks) for doing a wonderful job of judging the youth dirthole/landsets, to quote them, (These youngsters did a better job of making sets than some I have seen made by adults). Can you believe these youngsters, makes you feel good that we have this caliber joining the trapping ranks, they are the future of the sport.
Cheeseheads! Who would of thought they were real people..LOL.., wish I would of had more time to visit with them. Patrice and Zim the door is always open and the welcome mat is in place. Enjoyed meeting others that it was their first time to attend...come back and bring others with you.

Thanks to all , we came together and made a great event happen....AGAIN. Our raffles did well and we are in well into the Black for next years event, you need to plan on attending, it is always the third weekend in March so longrange plans can be made. Come join the fun.

Cletis

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5853948 - 03/22/17 04:05 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

I forgot to mention we left with the coveted refrigerator magnet!

It took a few tries to get my hands on that baby, but she's mine now!

Proudly displayed on the front of the fridge. Oh yeah. laugh

#5854265 - 03/22/17 09:17 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Online   happy
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri

Here's a couple of pics more to come hopefully.

Edited by coolstucco (03/22/17 09:17 PM)

#5854275 - 03/22/17 09:26 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Online   happy
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
I have some more but I am not getting along with the resizing process tonight so I will try again tomorrow when I have a fresh oil change and clearer mind.

#5854279 - 03/22/17 09:28 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Nessmuck Offline
trapper

Loc: New Hampshire
How many states hold that odd duck of a fish ? Are they in lakes or rivers ?

#5854785 - 03/23/17 01:39 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Nessmuck]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Some of these spoonbill experts can answer that much better than I can, Nessy. Much bettah! laugh

#5854857 - 03/23/17 02:45 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
tjm Offline
trapper

Loc: SWMo.
"The current range of American paddlefish has been reduced to the Mississippi and Missouri River tributaries and Mobile Bay drainage basin. They are currently found in twenty-two states in the U.S., and those populations are protected under state, federal and international laws.

Their peripheral range extended into the Great Lakes, with occurrences in Lake Huron and Lake Helen in Canada until about 90 years ago........
... Naturally occurring American paddlefish populations have been extirpated from most of their peripheral range, as well as from New York, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania..."

American paddlefish - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_paddlefish

#5854858 - 03/23/17 02:46 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Nessmuck]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Nessmuck
How many states hold that odd duck of a fish ? Are they in lakes or rivers ?
They are in the Mississippi river and tributaries......dams on those tributaries has isolated them to the lakes made as a result of the dams.

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >