No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5788928 - 01/26/17 09:38 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
lee steinmeyer Online   content
trapper

Loc: Wheaton Ks
Probably se you there this year Clete, and I'll bring the customary dose of tanglefoot for the fry!

Now officially an old fart
http://www.lptraplinesupply.com

#5788930 - 01/26/17 09:40 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Loc: Sauk County, WI
Stupid question - Do spoonbills have teeth? I'm all in either way, but after I dive onto the fish on the bottom of the boat, do I get some stitches I can brag about over supper? That would be cool! grin

#5788944 - 01/26/17 09:50 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: lee steinmeyer]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Originally Posted By: lee steinmeyer
Probably se you there this year Clete, and I'll bring the customary dose of tanglefoot for the fry!
I look fwd to you making it Lee.....

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5788947 - 01/26/17 09:51 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Big teeth..........no actually they are filter feeders....no bones.....just cartilage

Edited by Cletis Richards (01/26/17 09:52 PM)

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5788950 - 01/26/17 09:54 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
No teeth on a spoony. But please do stay away from a big, slick, floppy spoony, that likes to swing around its 10/0 trebble hook. I had a friend get one in his neck on the first day of the Missouri season, several years ago! So, my buddy, Big Ken goes and gets stabbed in the neck, well past the barb, just when the fishing starts gettin hot. We ended up at the hospital that day. Oklahoma regs require the barbs to be closed, which I am ok with, especially after that day. Don't worry though, my friend that hooked him is barred from my boat!!!!! Lol

#5789324 - 01/27/17 08:06 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Scott Newby Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast Oklahoma
My plan is to be there Clet. I will bring sweets and rolls and such. Cant wait to meet some of the new folks. you might let Patrice ad Zim know the price of a nonresident fishing license is 15.00 dollars each one day, or 35.00 each for six days. and the paddlefish permit is free.

#5789365 - 01/27/17 08:47 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: hrdtoflw]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Got it. No spoonbill wrestling until the treble hooks are out. laugh

#5789622 - 01/27/17 12:12 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
larrywaugh Offline
trapper

Loc: kansas
For those who would like to catch a spoonbill, but do not have anybody to take them. I have a good friend who is a spoonbill guide on grand lake where the event is held. The man is honest and trustworthy and very good at what he does . If interested pm me and I will give contact info.

#5789727 - 01/27/17 01:44 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Scott Newby]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Originally Posted By: Scott Newby
My plan is to be there Clet. I will bring sweets and rolls and such. Cant wait to meet some of the new folks. you might let Patrice ad Zim know the price of a nonresident fishing license is 15.00 dollars each one day, or 35.00 each for six days. and the paddlefish permit is free.

Thank you, Scott. I'm sure we'll roll in and get the six day licenses as soon as we get there. Can't go too wrong there. I hope we can get one to take home. It sounds like those catch and release days land at the wrong time!

#5790324 - 01/27/17 10:04 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Cattrax Offline
trapper

Loc: Wy
Talking to Jerry now about plans, my nephew and I are talking about trying to find a pig hunt down that way around that weekend too, may have to haul my boat down since Jerry got run over in his last summer.

#5791956 - 01/29/17 12:19 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cattrax]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Hey, Cletis. Do you know what you have planned for certain days or times? I'm not familiar with what you guys all do on which days, etc.

Thanks!
Patrice

#5792058 - 01/29/17 01:58 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
tjm Online   content
trapper

Loc: SWMo.

#5792087 - 01/29/17 02:27 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: tjm]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Thanks, Tjm. That helps for us newbies.

Zim and I will definitely bring raffle items and food to earn our keep and maybe we can work it so we fish like maniacs one day and then help cook on another.

We usually find it pretty hard to get away except for one Canadian fishing trip a year, but we think with the ten hour drive we can do in a day and us both sneaking out of a couple days of work that week, we can pull this one off! We have wanted to get down there for a while. It sounds like a blast!

I'm sure we'll bug you all with some more questions!

#5792628 - 01/29/17 09:10 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Sorry for the delay,Been gone with son and grandsons closing the Ks bird season in western part of that state and I see Trevis came to the rescue..Thank you Trevis...hope you and Zim do get to come.....there is one hidden cost.....when Zim turns his back I get a hug.

Edited by Cletis Richards (01/29/17 09:10 PM)

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5792683 - 01/29/17 09:45 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cattrax Offline
trapper

Loc: Wy
I'm sure if Zim plays his cards right he can get on a boat somewhere, you've got nothing to worry about Patrice! laugh

#5792998 - 01/30/17 09:13 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cattrax]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

One hug coming up, Cletis! grin

#5793051 - 01/30/17 09:43 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cattrax]
Zim Offline
trapper

Loc: Rock Springs, WI
Originally Posted By: Cattrax
I'm sure if Zim plays his cards right he can get on a boat somewhere, you've got nothing to worry about Patrice! laugh
Hey, by the end of the day ya'll would wish you had me on the boat instead of my better half. grin

Zim

#5793208 - 01/30/17 12:22 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper

Loc: AR
Y'all sure are making me want to attend this and usually I'm not that social. LOL I know I can't this year with the wife being preggers and all but who knows, maybe in a few years when the young'uns are a little older maybe traveling will get a little easier.

Everyone please take plenty of pictures for those of us that can't make it.

#5793377 - 01/30/17 02:43 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Zim]
Patrice Online   content
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Originally Posted By: Cattrax
Why thank you, Cattrax!

Originally Posted By: Zim
Hey, by the end of the day ya'll would wish you had me on the boat instead of my better half. grin

Zim
(Shhhhhhhhhh. They've never seen how I get. laugh )

#5793919 - 01/30/17 08:57 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
Are we there yet? I'm ready, but I may have problems with a hawk that keeps getting in our garage, an sitting on my boat! Maybe he's eyeing up my new trolling motor. I cannot figure why a hawk would come in my garage, and sit on the boat, but if he's there in March, he's coming with me too!!! There's been some strange things going on here.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >