02/15/08 07:09 PM
02/15/08 07:09 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Whether they did the right thing or not , I find it very callous that they think that it is funny that the servant lost her job because some self righteous jerk took advantage of her.

New York Post PETA INVADES KARAN'S HOME February 8, 2008 –http://www.nypost.com:80/seven/02082008/gossip/pagesix/peta_invades_karans_home_711602.htm

DONNA Karan is looking for a new assistant after her old assistant mistakenly welcomed an animal-rights activist into Karan's Manhattan home with open arms on Wednesday. According to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals rep Michael McGraw, the group sent "a fashionably dressed young woman, clad in knee-high black boots and a denim miniskirt, to Karan's Central Park West home, with a tray of soy lattes in her hand." The PETA operative was actually surprised when "she was invited into Karan's vast apartment, greeted by an assistant and offered a seat. As housekeepers, stylists and other assistants buzzed around, the activist, equipped with a miniature DVD player, waited for Karan,"McGraw told Page Six. When Karan, who has been targeted by PETA throughout Fashion Week for using fur in her designs, finally came home, she was accosted by the infiltrator, who immediately turned on a graphic DVD of animals being harvested for their pelts. A horrified Karan said, "I can't watch this now. I have somewhere tobe . . . I just really don't have the time." When the PETA lady protested, Karan said, "I've seen all these[videos], but for me it's just purses and accessories." That prompted the PETA woman to shoot back, "But for me and millions of other people, these are animals. They suffer terribly as they are electrocuted, gassed and skinned alive for their pelts." According to McGraw, Karan said, "Look, nobody loves their dogs like Ido . . . I feel like my privacy is being invaded. How did you get inhere?" Then she walked away. As the PETA operative was being led out by the housekeeper, she heard a "huge commotion in the other room, complete with raised voices,"McGraw relates. The house manager then told the infiltrator, "Whatever you were trying to do, you can forget about it," before screaming at the doormen for letting the prankster in. Karan didn't get back to us, but PETA isn't letting up. As the designer displays her collection today at her showroom on Greenwich Street, protesters wearing Donna Karan masks will be outside bludgeoning bloodied stuffed rabbits.

Then again they also claimed animals are skinned alive and electrocuted, gassed???? No lie is out of reach for PETAfiles...

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Mira Trapper] #581973
02/16/08 04:20 AM
02/16/08 04:20 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
The skinned alive claim is based on the video that shows Asian men (probably Chinese) taking Tanuki (called raccoon dogs by westerners, but a non-domesticated canid species that looks like a fat fox) out of a truck and whacking their heads on the sidewalk to kill/stun them.

Then they were put on gambrels, still alive, and skinned. Then the bodies were tossed in the back of the truck, and one animal raised it's head and looked around.

It was skinned.

The animal rights people called the animals "dogs" inferring that they are domestic dogs (wrongly) and people around the world are horrified by it. Their fur was labeled "Raccoon" at Macy's and other stores, which the Humane Society found out about, and so there was a massive recall.

CNN, MSNBC the mainstream media in general, didn't follow up at all on the story. They just parroted the press releases from PETA!
They told the whole country that these were DOGS skinned alive and sold in our stores for coat trim...

To date, nobody knows where the video was shot. The Asian men depicted grin and laugh at the cameraman as they do their dispatching and skinning alive.

Skinning is a chore, I think that these guys were paid by the camera-man (who is never named) and THAT'S why they are smiling.

I think it's all set up. If the guy really loved animals he would have told authorities who did the atrocity and where, but he kept silent. That's really, really suspicious to me!

But this video is the most damaging thing to the fur industry since Grey Owl. It's truly one of the most horrific things I think I'll ever witness on film.

It's just one reason why we should quit buying things from China, ANYTHING from China. They practice slavery in brick making factories and mines, manufacture fake baby forumla, resulting in infant deaths, fake birth control pills made of rice powder, and fake glycerin that caused the deaths of 300 people in Panama to die from simply taking cough syrup and brushing their teeth.

However, it gives the public the idea that all fur farms are like this...

Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Tsarevna] #582059
02/16/08 09:00 AM
02/16/08 09:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same claims are made about mink seal and the animals we fur trappers skin. It sells their message but the truth is many of these films are torture created for the media. Quite a few of those hirelings have been caught and processed through the court system. The courts eventually found out the Animal Rights authors of those films hired people to commit these atrocious acts so they could sell the lie of skinning animals alive in the public. Just how evil and deceitful are these Animal Rights folk. Sadly PETA & HSUS both offer these films which were proven to be evil fabrications to slander the fur industry to the public today. I can not understand how the Courts allow them to benefit from promoting these skin alive films. Those fabrications they are usually accompanied by a plea to send money to close down the fur industry which skins animals alive. Even after it was proven to be a falsehood in courts in in common sense as nobody makes a living by skinning animals alive the courts have done nothing to stop the lie from spreading. You can check out the creation of snuff films of this sort in this link.

http://www.furcommission.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Anonymous] #582062
02/16/08 09:01 AM
02/16/08 09:01 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Sorry about above post , I wasn't logged in.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Mira Trapper] #582175
02/16/08 11:18 AM
02/16/08 11:18 AM
Allen County, Indiana
G
Geezerman Offline
trapper
Geezerman  Offline
trapper
G

Allen County, Indiana
Who is Donna Karan?

Wonder what those boots were made out of the PETA lady was wearing?

I'd ask her if she is also a supporter of Al Gore and global warming, then educate her on how many products she wears use petroleum and ask "dont you care about Global warming?"

PETA, people eating tasty animals, thats me \:\)

Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Geezerman] #582181
02/16/08 11:25 AM
02/16/08 11:25 AM
Osage Bluff, MO
JeremyT Offline
trapper
JeremyT  Offline
trapper

Osage Bluff, MO
According to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals rep Michael McGraw, the group sent "a fashionably dressed young woman, clad in knee-high black boots and a denim miniskirt,

HMM I wonder what those boots were made from? Let's see now where does leather come from?

I love the smell of Castor in the morning!
Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: JeremyT] #582183
02/16/08 11:27 AM
02/16/08 11:27 AM
Osage Bluff, MO
JeremyT Offline
trapper
JeremyT  Offline
trapper

Osage Bluff, MO
oops Geezer looks like you beat me to it! \:D

I read that part and scrolled right down to the bottom to post witout reading the rest.

Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: JeremyT] #582253
02/16/08 12:14 PM
02/16/08 12:14 PM
Southern Mississippi
trappinwoman Offline
trapper
trappinwoman  Offline
trapper

Southern Mississippi
I think that the PETA are like those magazine's like Globe, National Enquirer, and the rest of those tabloids. They lie and sadly many people believe them.

-mary
Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: JeremyT] #582257
02/16/08 12:17 PM
02/16/08 12:17 PM
Allen County, Indiana
G
Geezerman Offline
trapper
Geezerman  Offline
trapper
G

Allen County, Indiana
LOL Jeremy

people like PETA , they need to look in their own "backyards" before passing judgement

Plus, why don't they spend all the money they waste on animal rights on helping starving homeless children??

Re: They seem PROUD that somebody lost their JOB? [Re: Geezerman] #582801
02/16/08 08:11 PM
02/16/08 08:11 PM
Osage Bluff, MO
JeremyT Offline
trapper
JeremyT  Offline
trapper

Osage Bluff, MO
 Originally Posted By: Geezerman
LOL Jeremy

people like PETA , they need to look in their own "backyards" before passing judgement

Plus, why don't they spend all the money they waste on animal rights on helping starving homeless children??

Duh!!!! Because the MEDIA doesn't care about the kids! ;\)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread