No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5852193 - 03/20/17 06:45 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: klfessl]
CableAble Offline
trapper

Loc: southeastern Wisconsin

I've seen this style half and half board used for coon seems really handy don't need a belly board really the only saving I can see also should help the fur side dry a little better maybe we will see how well it works gonna make a bunch to try out here's the first prototype haha

#5852213 - 03/20/17 07:12 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: CableAble]
coydog2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: CableAble

I've seen this style half and half board used for coon seems really handy don't need a belly board really the only saving I can see also should help the fur side dry a little better maybe we will see how well it works gonna make a bunch to try out here's the first prototype haha
Not to bust on you ,the duck tape will not help for the fur to dry good.

#5852313 - 03/20/17 08:24 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: klfessl]
CableAble Offline
trapper

Loc: southeastern Wisconsin
Well i meant the back in the open wire part but your right might just but the tape on the lower part below where any fur would go

#5852959 - 03/21/17 01:37 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: coydog2]
nimzy Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
Originally Posted By: coydog2
Originally Posted By: CableAble

Not to bust on you ,the duck tape will not help for the fur to dry good.

You put up rats wet?

#5853022 - 03/21/17 03:26 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: klfessl]
The Beav Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
I hope not.

#5853036 - 03/21/17 03:43 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: klfessl]
coydog2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa
No wet rats are put up for me.if you think it will not be a problem for you then use it.I just letting know what I found in the past for not use of cardboard for the tail and for the front legs for coyote and fox to dry or wood and wire for stretches .By the way are there any plastic stretchers out there in use.From what I know of they are wood or wire.To me duct tape is like plastic.

Edited by coydog2 (03/21/17 03:50 PM)

#5853051 - 03/21/17 04:00 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: coydog2]
walleyed Offline
trapper

Loc: Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Victor Quick-Dry Wire Stretchers By Animal Trap Co. Of America, Lititz, Pa. work best for me.

Peerless are also A Good Product.

Sleepy Creek will work but they lack the Handy Hanging Hook Feature that The Quick Dries have.

Duke Wire Stretchers are Junk of The Worst Kind.

w

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

#5853117 - 03/21/17 05:23 PM Re: rat stretchers [Re: klfessl]
nimzy Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
The duct tape is on the fur side. Would not worry me, coydog. they do make commercial plastic mink stretchers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2