Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

KaatzBros
(Please support Kaatz Brothers Lures, our sponsor for the Lure and Bait Making Page)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5851608 - 03/19/17 11:47 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
LOL John, that sounds like a good plan.

#5851852 - 03/20/17 11:24 AM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
SULLDOG Offline
"Blue Sword Swallower"

Loc: pennsylvania
Had a friend try his hand at mink gland grinding. Problem was, he ground the testicles not the glands. I salvaged them and we ground them. Yes they smelled like Mamma June after HOT YOGA but had zero effect on me. But he turned green quick.

#5851961 - 03/20/17 01:43 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: USMC47]
WV222 Offline
trapper

Loc: WV USA
Originally Posted By: USMC47
Come to think of it, I have the urge to pee on something. Urination response.

Speaking of urination responses......someone needs to tell the story on smelling rendering catfish.
lol that is a great story too!
Good ol Dave was trying his hand at making sun rendered salmon oil, one day I text him and asked him if it was making any oil yet, he said I'll go look, I waited but no reply ,then about 15 minutes later he replied with the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time!
He had the buckets beside his house so he popped the lid on the salmon and the smell hit him, he said all of a sudden he had the uncontrollable urge to urinate! He said it was so bad he just dropped trousers and started peeing right there in plain sight of his neighbors and the county road! grin

#5852470 - 03/20/17 10:17 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
Birch Tree Offline
trapper

Loc: Wright county, Minnesota
My first time reading this forum and I can't stop laughing! I know about mink glands, WOW, powerful stuff. I knicked one skinning a female, didn't think much of it because the first whiff was a little sweet musky smell and then the musky smell got stronger, my eyes started to water and I had a few hard breaths, I walked out of the garage and grabbed some fresh air and went back inside. after that it didn't bother me much, just the sweet musky smell hung around. I doubt I could handle full buckets though.

Funny reading here, thanks guys!

MTA and NTA Member.

#5852480 - 03/20/17 10:30 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Birch Tree]
USMC47 Online   content

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Birch Tree
My first time reading this forum and I can't stop laughing! I know about mink glands, WOW, powerful stuff. I knicked one skinning a female, didn't think much of it because the first whiff was a little sweet musky smell and then the musky smell got stronger, my eyes started to water and I had a few hard breaths, I walked out of the garage and grabbed some fresh air and went back inside. after that it didn't bother me much, just the sweet musky smell hung around. I doubt I could handle full buckets though.

Funny reading here, thanks guys!
Birch tree, sounded like you were talking about my ex. I thought "poor soul."

www.derricks-nm.com

www.montanatrappingsupplies.com

#5853281 - 03/21/17 07:37 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
Happy Birthday trappergbus Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Michigan
LMBO, this here thread is priceless, I had a smart but were I used to work. I told him you do not want to mess with a trapper. He didn't listen to well so, Mink gland with a little quill on his car door handle made him turn green for weeks. LOL funny no one ever put 2+2 together...
The only gland smell I can't stomach is sac oil, don't ask why LOL..

Dog poo? You big sissy
"momma June after hot Yoga" LMBO that's a good one Sully Thanks

Edited by trappergbus (03/21/17 07:40 PM)

#5853328 - 03/21/17 08:03 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
USMC47 Online   content

Gary, I'm a sissy for days. I'd give up national secrets if the alternative were dog poop. Maybe not that bad. But I'd sell my mother down a river to avoid it. Lol.

www.derricks-nm.com

#5862431 - 03/30/17 11:27 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
adam m Offline
trapper

Loc: nm
Bob thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Sully thanks for that much needed laugh.

USMC47 please make a video of cleaning a 5 gal bucket of glands and eating eggplant parm.

#5862439 - 03/30/17 11:37 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
adam m Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I have seen some big boys fall out on the floor or run out of my place on occasion after they get the full Monty odor effect of our facility.

If you and John ever make it here while I am still alive we will have to film it for posterity and the archives. smile We will have to find a volunteer to work the timing clock to see how long it takes to loose it.

I haven't even let you smell the good stuff. You know the secret ingredient stuff that no one tells you about.

I'm willing to film and time it and help out.

#5863281 - 03/31/17 10:52 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
USMC47 Online   content

Adam, I'm gonna have to charge for the entertainment.

https://youtu.be/n3n_PilMhu8

www.derricks-nm.com

#5863542 - 04/01/17 09:41 AM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
adam m Offline
trapper

grin I'll pay for that especially if your on the trike grin Once the video goes viral on Youtube we'll be getting paid

#5913875 - 05/28/17 01:05 PM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: John-Chagnon]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa

#5914431 - 05/29/17 09:55 AM Re: Working glands last few days [Re: Bob Jameson]
traprjohn Offline
trapper

Loc: Central NC
WOW guys, my wife and I just read this and laughed so hard we cried...since we can relate on gland processing.
THANX SO MUCH FOR SHARING ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  tmrschessie