No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5872883 - 04/10/17 01:56 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
Lazarus Offline
trapper

Loc: Nevadafornia
Another update:

SB 364 will have a workshop session tomorrow (April 11, 2017) at 1:30 in the Senate Natural Resources Committee. You can watch the hearing live on the legislative website. Just go to the website, click on the bill number and follow the links). This hearing will not have any public input, unless specifically sought by the committee. For example, the committee may want to hear one more "my-dog-got-caught-in-a-trap-while-I-was-out-hiking" story. However, its valuable to watch the hearing to see how the vote comes out, and to see if there are any amendments added to the bill. Bills must be out of committee by this Friday. SB365 (bans trapping on public lands) does not appear to be scheduled for hearing so it will likely die.

If SB 364 does not pass tomorrow, then it is unlikely to get any further hearings and it will die. If it passes (in whatever form that may be with amendments), then it will go for a vote of the full Senate. If it passes there, it will go over to the Assembly and we will start the circus all over again.

Edited by Lazarus (04/10/17 02:00 PM)

#5873642 - 04/11/17 10:39 AM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
Lazarus Offline
trapper

The work session for this bill for today has been cancelled. Most likely will be on Thursday.

#5875479 - 04/13/17 08:46 AM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
Lazarus Offline
trapper

The work session for SB364 will be at 1:30 pm today. Hang on!!!

#5875859 - 04/13/17 05:39 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
Lazarus Offline
trapper

OK folks . . . here's the most recent update.

SB365, the bill to ban trapping on public lands, won't get a hearing before tomorrow (the deadline) so its dead. One caveat is that the provision to prohibit trapping on public lands could be attached to any other bill that has made it out of a committee, so we have to be vigilant but right now, all is quiet on the western front.

SB364 was the other bill that reduced check times from 96 hours to 24 hours, imposed mandatory registration, required signs be placed where trapping might occur, allowed the public to tamper with or remove traps, etc. had its hearing today. At the hearing, the chair of the Committee, Senator Cancela(and swing vote) introduced an amendment which basically kept 96 hours, would require registration or labeling with a name and address, and a few other minor issues. This was historic because Senator Cancela, a freshman senator, went against her own party and other senior senators on the committee, to make the amendment. In other words, she made what I consider the right choice in the face of opposition from her own party. She's my hero for the day. That took guts.

So now SB364 goes to the Assembly and we start this process of hearings/testimony/lies by antis all over again. If this was a football game, its just half time, but at least we have a lead at the half.

I would sincerely appreciate it if any of you would email Senator Cancela and express your gratitude for her foresight, her willingness to learn about something she was previously uneducated about, and who had the courage to do the right thing in the face of incredibly strong pressure from within her own party. You can email Senator Cancela at this address:

Yvanna.Cancela@sen.state.nv.us

#5876218 - 04/13/17 11:12 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
GrimYoter Offline
trapper

Loc: Nevada
Thank you Lazarus.

#5876263 - 04/14/17 01:32 AM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
ScottFree Offline
trapper

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Lazarus. Sent Ms. Cancela a thank you as well.

#5877505 - 04/15/17 03:02 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
IndaTimber Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
I voted, guess I was a little late. Hope 364 FAILS.

Edited by IndaTimber (04/15/17 03:04 PM)

#5877650 - 04/15/17 07:25 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
I opposed both
www.ProfessionalMoleTrapping.com

#5880285 - 04/18/17 07:53 PM Re: NEVADA TO OUTLAW TRAPPING [Re: Lazarus]
trappergbus Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Michigan
I'll send an email asap, hats off Laz, Senator Cancela shows alot of common sense and good judgement. Perhaps others will follow suit..

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6