ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Using the collarum for the first time .... #5873648
04/11/17 11:43 AM
04/11/17 11:43 AM
Erie, PA
SifordOutdoorZ Offline OP
trapper
SifordOutdoorZ  Offline OP
trapper

Erie, PA
Any of you guys experienced in using it? Pointers would be great. I have a repeat coyote customer these dogs are on a college campus in town and I want to be discrete as possible figured this trap would be a good way to do it. I successfully removed three dogs here last spring with just leg holds but wanted to give the collarum a try. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated !

Sifords Wildlife Services
Re: Using the collarum for the first time .... [Re: SifordOutdoorZ] #5873751
04/11/17 02:09 PM
04/11/17 02:09 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
We tested the first collarum prototypes back in the early 1990's. Basically in my experience you need to set up with adequate guiding to ensure that you get your approach from the front or a frontal like angle at best. If not you will get a lot of misses and fired devices without catches.

Coon and opossum can be a problem at times throwing your device off if you have them around.. I buried the throw device and cut out a pattern the size of the cable, buried and blended it all in except for the pull device. I have used the T and the cup type successfully. However I wrapped some cloth around the pull T and zip tied it on. Then smeared a good pull lure or bait on the pull device. Make sure you stake the collarums well as you would for regular coyote traps or snare work.

We have a few products that work well with the collarum.

You can catch domestic animals with these devices as you would with other devices.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread