No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5874645 - 04/12/17 10:04 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Online   content
trapper

Loc: WI - Wisconsin
Those county's that voted in favor of online voting were probably ones where people like us weren't there to mount a vocal stand against it.

Edited by AJE (04/12/17 10:05 AM)

#5874649 - 04/12/17 10:07 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper

Loc: Gitche Gumee Wisconsin

There goes the neighborhood along with the whole state . confused

Simplify your methods to the point of perfection.

Become fast,efficient & effective.

The real "SECRET" to successful trapping.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

#5874658 - 04/12/17 10:31 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: RiversNorth13]
bblwi Offline
trapper

Loc: East-Central Wisconsin
There may well be three very important aspects to the online voting aspect

1. Those that voted in favor may not have totally understood the ramifications of that type of access may bring
2. There may have been several in attendance that voted for this because they were looking at future planning and how to impact voting
3. There may well have been an attempt to promote this with the idea of hoping it would decrease even further the impact the WCC can have on wildlife management issues and concerns.

Bryce

#5874664 - 04/12/17 10:49 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
Keep in mind also that given the structure of the Spring Hearings, non-Wisconsin citizens are allowed to vote on theQuestions and introduced Resolutions. IF online voting IS allowed there is a very good chance of votes coming from across the nation for or against proposed regulations and/or outdoor activities and pursuits. These are some of the reasons I have said that this, in my opinion, was the most important Question in the Spring Hearings.

Trying not to sound like Chicken Little, but if we don't beat this thing I am afraid it is going to beat us.

Moosetrot

#5874666 - 04/12/17 10:53 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Online   content
trapper

That's dumb to allow out of state votes. Those that voted in favor of onine voters failed to understand the ramifications.

#5874672 - 04/12/17 11:04 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper

Another California!
Next thing we'll be a cage only state .

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

#5874675 - 04/12/17 11:06 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
I bit my tongue and just listened at our meeting.

IMO, I think there is ways to make it work. The key is just to ensure you limit online voting from ruling the roost. Personally, unless they have a license, I would argue they shouldn't be allowed to vote online and I would prefer it to be a patron license. Sorry Muskrat, but pay to play might be needed here. Convenience has a fee.

Those individuals would just need to be filtered into their own district so they can't be the majority. If the virtual district wants representation, then they need to elect delegates and participate in the old fashion way by showing up to those committee/leadership meetings.

#5874677 - 04/12/17 11:08 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

The thing I like about getting anti's to buy licenses is it helps us get money back from the Fed Government in the form of Pittman Roberts funds as that money is appropriated back to the state based on license sales.

#5874684 - 04/12/17 11:21 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper

Like Fur Hangers farm land joke , we're so plucked !

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

#5874699 - 04/12/17 11:31 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Not if we can beat it at the Convention.

If I remember correctly from the cat battle when I fought against allowing non-Wisconsin residents to vote, thee allowance comes from the original legislation that formed the CC as a legislatively approved advisory body to the NRB. Apparently it says that any "citizen" is allowed to vote, not just Wisconsin residents.

We may as well accept that if is beaten this year it will be back again.
Moosetrot

Edited by Moosetrot (04/12/17 11:33 AM)

#5874711 - 04/12/17 11:48 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Online   content
trapper

I wonder who the big pusher is behind this online vote.
Maybe next year there should be a resolution that this vote be for Wisconites. I don't feel I should be able to vote on Minnesota issues.

#5874718 - 04/12/17 11:58 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

It was a 2016 Citizen Resolution that came out of Milwaukee County, and put forth by the CC Rules and Resolutions Committee. The Resolution number is 41-07-16.

Moosetrot

#5874723 - 04/12/17 12:05 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper

I think its today's mentality of doing every thing online, they think it's quick and convenient.
Till ya get nipped in a way you never though of .
I feel the same way about registering deer .

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

#5874730 - 04/12/17 12:14 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Online   content
trapper

I can already see the an-ti's lining up, sending a mass email to their members telling them how to vote. Heck, I wouldn't even put it past them to try to hack the vote.

#5874758 - 04/12/17 01:20 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: WIMarshRAT]
handitrapper Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: WIMarshRAT
The thing I like about getting anti's to buy licenses is it helps us get money back from the Fed Government in the form of Pittman Roberts funds as that money is appropriated back to the state based on license sales.

More than likely, if it were to pass? Only requirement would be to have a DNR customer number. And no license.

#5874808 - 04/12/17 03:04 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

Don't the guys in charge, make the rules?

#5874817 - 04/12/17 03:22 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: WIMarshRAT]
Steven 49er Offline
trapper

Loc: mn north of blakely
Don't the guys in charge, make the rules?

Those who continuously show up generally have a hand in it.

#5874864 - 04/12/17 04:22 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: handitrapper]
AJE Online   content
trapper

Originally Posted By: handitrapper

More than likely, if it were to pass? Only requirement would be to have a DNR customer number. And no license.

They could probably buy a fishing license and qualify.

#5874872 - 04/12/17 04:30 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
handitrapper Offline
trapper

You don't have to buy any kind of a license to get a customer number

#5874921 - 04/12/17 05:14 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

So what prevents those in charge from requiring an active fishing, trapping, or hunting license and not just a customer id number?

Put all those that want to vote into a virtual "county". They become one of 73 instead of 72. I actually asked about creating one for the WTA at one point. A virtual district. I even offered to head the district. It died as maybe this should, but I think we need to think twice before we dismiss an idea.

Right now all the anti's show up and voice their concerns at the meetings and they can do it without spending a dime. Give them a reason to buy a license and stay home.

Or is that physically impossible to do?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >