No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5874931 - 04/12/17 05:19 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
On a side note, those questions were approved to change the fisher/otter zones plus eliminate the otter population goal. Big win if that gets finalized. I don't think most realize how much that population goal has held back the harvest in this state.

#5875001 - 04/12/17 06:55 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: WIMarshRAT]
bblwi Offline
trapper

Loc: East-Central Wisconsin
I sure hope we don't have to stoop to the level where Anti license purchases are the means we need to provide wildlife management, law enforcement and wildlife research. I would be in favor of paying more out of my own pocket than give up the science and take on the social politics that will come with those funds, but more importantly the voting on issues.
We also need to fully be reminded that much of the hearing is about DNR resolutions and rule changes and not just WCC resolutions or elections. With huge non hunting and fishing input into the process what might the resolutions even look like let alone if they are voted up or down.

Bryce

#5875004 - 04/12/17 06:59 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
handitrapper Offline
trapper

Well I can tell you, that I will not be buying a Conservation Patron License just to have the right to vote. Whether @ the meetings or online. Pay to play? Or pay to vote?

#5875028 - 04/12/17 07:24 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

We already have to now Bryce. Only difference is they don't contribute to the resource now. It is done on our backs. Take it a step father. How much of those federal dollars go into studying the homosexual tendencies of butterflies or some other foolish project while trappers waited years to get anything done on otter? I think people are greatly dismissing the dollars they steal from us.

Edited by WIMarshRAT (04/12/17 07:26 PM)

#5875034 - 04/12/17 07:29 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: WIMarshRAT]
Muskrat Offline
trapper

Loc: Southwestern Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: WIMarshRAT
How much of those federal dollars go into studying the homosexual tendencies of butterflies . . .

Ah . . . so that's what's happening to the Monarch butterfly. Hmmmmm.

We hoop beaver!!

http://www.riverinefurtraders.com

#5875497 - 04/13/17 09:17 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

Want another example of them having influence and not paying for that influence?

Remember this project?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cF7cTndkI

They put in a walkway across the entire structure. Added a great deal of cost, but was also designed to help deter the birds. How did that work out? It hurt the project because it didn't have the water flow through it because it needed to be continuous.

Well, those upriver lakes continue to get millions of dollars worth of rock put in them to protect shoreline and create estuaries. Unfortunately, the anti's have blocked the depredation permits that the USFW issues for cormorants. Shut it off so they can't manage them. How many millions are lost because they block something that is actually getting them more cormorants in the state? See, how many guys are going to continue to help fund those projects when they become a wasteland? You can only be that shortsighted when it is not your money your wasting.

That said, this online voting might be a bad idea. It might need to be scraped. But, I am not sure getting the anti's to put a little skin in the game is a bad thing. They surely have enough influence already.

#5875818 - 04/13/17 04:54 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Offline
trapper

Loc: WI - Wisconsin
Hard to envision them contributing anything positive, whether direct or indirect, but I suppose anything is possible.

#5876121 - 04/13/17 09:47 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WalleyeWacker Offline
trapper

Loc: S. Wisconsin
This will affend most of you. I don't go because the CC has little power and the NRB is a joke. Sorry but that is the way I feel and I am not alone.

#5876154 - 04/13/17 10:22 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Offline
trapper

Walleye, I know a lot of people that agree with you. I always try to get people to go, and I can never get any takers. I will always attend, but to each their own I guess. I encourage everyone to participate.

Edited by AJE (04/13/17 10:56 PM)

#5876164 - 04/13/17 10:31 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

How much power you want to give them? What is wrong with the natural resource board walleyewacker?

#5876179 - 04/13/17 10:45 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
AJE Offline
trapper

The NRB should be given authority to oversee the DNR Secretary.
The NRB has had some people on it that are not very environmentally conscious.

#5876190 - 04/13/17 10:50 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: WalleyeWacker]
AJE Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: WalleyeWacker
I don't go because the CC has little power

Even if they have less power than you would like, I still think sportsmen should participate. Some states grant citizen sportsmen NO power.

Edited by AJE (04/13/17 10:50 PM)

#5876319 - 04/14/17 06:31 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
nimzy Offline
trapper

There are some success stories where rule changes were initiated by citizens. Those that fail likely fall at the hands of the same citizens.
Why the bitterness?

#5876327 - 04/14/17 06:40 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: Steven 49er]
Steven 49er Offline
trapper

Loc: mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er
Originally Posted By: WIMarshRAT
Don't the guys in charge, make the rules?

Those who continuously show up generally have a hand in it.

This needs repeating often.

Don't believe me look at the Nevada thread. Them guys have been showing up for a long time

#5876478 - 04/14/17 09:34 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper

Moosetrot, FYI, I heard through the grapevine that the author of the coyote resolution was elected to the Conservation Congress. Shows up one year to introduce resolution and gets elected to Congress the following year. Noticing a pattern here...

49er, not only do you need to show up, but you better do one other thing. You better get others to show up. Trappers can't do that alone unless you have a growing population of trappers which most states don't have. I noticed they were able to get the RMEF and other groups to join the cause in Nevada. Better be fostering those relationships before they are needed.

#5876490 - 04/14/17 09:46 AM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
Might be a pattern but I think it's a good one. When a person chooses to become involved, and sees the positive results of their efforts an that one person really can be an agent of change, it strengthens them to go further. I would bet there's a lot of the Congress delegates that have followed the same pattern. Sounds like something the original architects of the Congress intended.

Moosetrot

#5876925 - 04/14/17 07:55 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: Moosetrot]
WalleyeWacker Offline
trapper

CC has no power. NRB supports global warming, huh! Glorified politicians! Give some success of NRB and/or CC?

#5876994 - 04/14/17 08:45 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Walleye Wacker-You are a pot-stirrer who did this same thing a couple years ago. You hate the CC, the NRB, and anyone who believes in a great system of citizen involvement that is unique to Wisconsin. No matter what anyone says, even citing the many successes of that system, will be rejected and ridiculed by you. It's a waste of good time by those who have worked hard to enact change and positive advancement of public participation in conservation issues in our great State to cite anything you ask for. If it's that bad, move to another State.

Have a good night!

Moosetrot

#5877092 - 04/14/17 10:24 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: Moosetrot]
WalleyeWacker Offline
trapper

I don't hate anything. I don't think it is a very good system, because the citizens and the CC rarely get anything they want. Over the years I have seen many laws and policies made that do not reflect conservation and resource management. I said up front that it would offend people that buy into that system. If anything power should be given to the CC and taken away from the board. Than the CC should work with conservation clubs, fishery clubs,ducks unlimited ,wild turkey,bow hunters,deer hunters, shooting clubs, etc. I have never seen an elected CC come to a conservation club and give a report ask for opinions rule changes etc. The WTA it self opens seasons on furbearers when they are no where close to optime fur. They argue about days before freeze up and greed to catch the most fur. I have a degree in Natural Resource Management( not bragging or claiming to know it all, probably forgot more than I know), but too old too fight. I think one has the opportunity to voice an opinion about the process without being called a hater. After all there are many complaints about why cant people give up 3 hours a year and attend. The complaint is on other web sites, too. I see where state agencies do not enforce enviremental laws all the time.I attended many meetings over the years and saw an exercise in futility. No hate, pot stirrer I suppose. If CC is so good, they ought to figure a way that people who use the natural resources get to vote on line and keep off pure activists off. Or not allow it.

#5877107 - 04/14/17 10:38 PM Re: Statewide results of WI Spring Hearings [Re: corky]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

WalleyeWacker-I apologize for calling you a "hater". I should not have used that term.

Your experience with CC delegates and their presence and communication with clubs, etc. is totally different than mine.

Moosetrot

Edited by Moosetrot (04/14/17 10:38 PM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >