No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5882884 - 04/21/17 09:20 AM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
drasselt Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
I would get some swelling on the face from certain tablets of ibuprofen, advil etc but gel caps no problem.

#5882888 - 04/21/17 09:25 AM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
eric space Offline
trapper

Loc: wantage n.j.
Lydia, My wife gets that type of reaction to alcohol or ANYTHING cooked with, marinated in OR cooked on the same grill(or pan)that previously had something cooked on it with alcohol(and was not washed before cooking her food in it).

#5882951 - 04/21/17 11:10 AM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Timber Hole Offline
trapper

Loc: MO
Knew someone that went thru something very similar. As I remember it happened when he ate meat. I seem to remember cheeseburgers in his diet also. I'm thinking a presertive in the meat.

#5882954 - 04/21/17 11:17 AM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Don Adams Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
Prayers for you Lydia - please get it checked out and diagnosed as to what you are allergic to. The body can reject anything at anytime when it comes to allergies. You may have had very mild symptoms before but now the body says no more!! As stated above - keep the pen on you at all times. When you feel that reaction - inject yourself and get to the ER. You may need more than one injection if it is severe enough. Don't mess around with it.

#5882962 - 04/21/17 11:31 AM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
amspoker Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted By: Hunting Girl
so what does BLT Sub, meatlovers Pizza, homemade tacos, and a cheese burger from mcdonalds all have in common???? I don't know either!!

...and so the search continues! *dun dun dun* laugh

Perhaps you should lay off the meat for a bit? Id check the ingredients in the taco seasoning.

My sister in law is allergic to some uncooked vegetables.

You didn't say what you drank with those meals? Could be a dye in the drink? You drinking strawberry YOO-HOOs or that unicorn drink from Starbucks?

#5883001 - 04/21/17 12:11 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
I am with Michigan Trapping on this. Recently talked to a guy that had to avoid all red meat due to the result of a disease from a tick bite..

Moosetrot

#5883003 - 04/21/17 12:15 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Moosetrot]
Bruce T Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Maine
Originally Posted By: Moosetrot
I am with Michigan Trapping on this. Recently talked to a guy that had to avoid all red meat due to the result of a disease from a tick bite..

Moosetrot

Sorry I don't believe that one.Sounds to me like he got taken in by the anti meat crowd.
5 otter
1 bobcat

#5883005 - 04/21/17 12:17 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: amspoker]
Bruce T Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Maine
Originally Posted By: amspoker
so what does BLT Sub, meatlovers Pizza, homemade tacos, and a cheese burger from mcdonalds all have in common???? I don't know either!!

Perhaps you should lay off the meat for a bit? Id check the ingredients in the taco seasoning.

My sister in law is allergic to some uncooked vegetables.

You didn't say what you drank with those meals? Could be a dye in the drink? You drinking strawberry YOO-HOOs or that unicorn drink from Starbucks?

Its not the meat itself but ingredients in the taco seasonings,tomato sauce,etc.
5 otter
1 bobcat

#5883009 - 04/21/17 12:23 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
waggler Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska and Washington State
I this day and age there is no excuse for not carrying a ACR personal locator beacon with you if you have health issues, or are in situations where lack of communication is life threatening.

An ARC PLB is registered with NOAA, you include specific personal information when you register with NOAA, preferred emergency contact information and other specifics that will help rescuers find you.

There is no subscription fee, just the initial purchase price; pretty cheap insurance. Here's a link.
https://www.acrartex.com/products#1122

#5883029 - 04/21/17 12:58 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Hunting Girl Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
How would they test to see if it was a tick bite???

What you do today matters. Pass it on
Always stay Humble and Kind
OSTA

#5883040 - 04/21/17 01:21 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Sac Creek Offline
trapper

Loc: Kansas
Prayers for you Lydia

#5883065 - 04/21/17 02:05 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
crow1971 Offline
trapper

Loc: Winnsboro, Louisiana
Be careful little lady, keep yer pen with you & get to a doc, only way yer gonna find out any thing, good luck, prayers.

#5883107 - 04/21/17 02:50 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
BigBob Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis Co, Mo

Gluten? Any/everything is GMO's nowadays. You didn't say it, but you DID go see a Doc didn't you?

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!

#5883115 - 04/21/17 02:59 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
drasselt Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
How would they test to see if it was a tick bite???

I googled it. Here is one search result:

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/articles/features/tick-borne/tick-borne-testing.pdf

#5883120 - 04/21/17 03:09 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/20140813/tick-bites-red-meat-allergy

Bruce T.---The guy I was referring to certainly is not one to be taken in by "the anti meat crowd". A simple Google search turned up a pile of articles about the same topic.

Moosetrot

#5883126 - 04/21/17 03:19 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
P Porcupine Offline
trapper

Loc: Michigans Copper Country
I had to have the test where they scratch different things on your back and wait a few minutes to see what reacts. you might want to do the same.
hope it gets better soon. allergies are frustrating to live with.

#5883127 - 04/21/17 03:19 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Hunting Girl]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

#5883132 - 04/21/17 03:39 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Bruce T]
Chuckles84 Offline
trapper

Loc: S. Illinois
Its a real disease you can get from ticks. Have read about it on here, I hadnt heard of it either till it was posted here. It aparently make you allergic to any meat from an animal that has fur/hair.

#5883158 - 04/21/17 04:33 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: Team V]
357xp Offline
trapper

Loc: northern Alberta
Originally Posted By: Team V
I have cold urticaria a allergic reaction to cold . Really bad with cold water . In winter I carry benegryll and eppipen also .

I had it my whole life but after having a reaction to a antibiotic it fired up real bad I also find stress will make me have more out breaks .
What I am tring to say is it may not be food look for other thing that could be triggering it .

io had this condition for a few months one winter, it was pretty bad, next winter it was gone, hasnt come back yet. have other allergies though, spring is bad.

#5883196 - 04/21/17 05:01 PM Re: Almost died...kinda [Re: 357xp]
robert.d12 Offline
trapper

Loc: Fingerlakes New York
Originally Posted By: 357xp
Originally Posted By: Team V
I have cold urticaria a allergic reaction to cold . Really bad with cold water . In winter I carry benegryll and eppipen also .

I had it my whole life but after having a reaction to a antibiotic it fired up real bad I also find stress will make me have more out breaks .
What I am tring to say is it may not be food look for other thing that could be triggering it .

io had this condition for a few months one winter, it was pretty bad, next winter it was gone, hasnt come back yet. have other allergies though, spring is bad.
I have a minor case of this.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >