Land Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5907266 - 05/19/17 08:53 PM Re: Jack Whitman [Re: 17hornet]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.

This image back in the early 1990's for Bob Noonan's magazine, was the start of my breakthrough from the industry of "approved art" in the upper middle class market, who disapproved of reality in predators -hunting-posturing-killing-stalking- chasing- to total freedom of natural expression in real life and the trapping/hunting magazines I so love to work for now.

It was my arrival, arising in flight out of the fire in freedom of true expression in animal behavior of the natural world.

There is not the money in popularity to be made on this winter trail in the snow....but the satisfaction of reality expressed more than makes up for me, any "approved art expression " of animal behavior warped by the uneducated and inexperienced fancy, backed by art merchants who only sponsor "approved images" that they see will make their industry the most money in prints.

I have followed this thread in interest and happiness as an artist who also has the biologist residing inside, to observe and display behaviors correctly to the editors and clients I work for.

Several decades have passed from this coyote marking his log to now for me.

But I will never forget the exuberant freedom I felt when my good friend Bob Noonan -my editor of Animal Damage Control Magazine -as it was called in the beginning- then to be named Wildlife Control Technology magazine -invited me to shatter the glass ceiling of my world to portray such real and at the same time-such fun and rebellious realism of what canines really do in their language of everyday life.

Despite the frowning disapproval of my would be sponsors in the art publishing world.

Lean freedom is so much desired better than fat slavery...

Thank you, Jack....and Ken....and all others who help to educate me in portraying the real natural world in accuracy and truth.

#5907291 - 05/19/17 09:24 PM Re: Jack Whitman [Re: 17hornet]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Nice stuff Sharon !!! reality is always far more interesting than old wives' tales !

#5907301 - 05/19/17 09:36 PM Re: Jack Whitman [Re: 17hornet]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Indeed, Sir Ken, it is all the time......and the satisfaction of pushing back against the "norm" ....

#5907308 - 05/19/17 09:42 PM Re: Jack Whitman [Re: 17hornet]
trapper les Offline
trapper

Loc: williams,mn
Thanks for that Sharon. I've not seen that piece before.

#5907334 - 05/19/17 09:59 PM Re: Jack Whitman [Re: 17hornet]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Les,

That carries a lot of sense to me as I experience my life in progression.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  tmrschessie, ~ADC~