ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Trap modification squirrels! #5919241
06/04/17 07:58 PM
06/04/17 07:58 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline OP
trapper
TDHP  Offline OP
trapper

Mass
When did squirrels start to bring tool boxes to trap visits? Knew the homeowner was up to something when the words "something is wrong with your trap, think a squirrel got out". The day before they said they feel bad having them removed. crazy

By the looks of it I'd have to say so myself! I believe they let one out, but in doing so didn't know how to open the doors. Pan was taken apart trigger is goneeee. mad

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: TDHP] #5919246
06/04/17 08:10 PM
06/04/17 08:10 PM
Reed City, Michigan
W
WPS Offline
trapper
WPS  Offline
trapper
W

Reed City, Michigan
looks like someone needs to pay for a new trap and the fee for targeted animal removal!

David Belden, WCO
Wildlife Pro Services
Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: TDHP] #5919549
06/05/17 09:24 AM
06/05/17 09:24 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
What protects you from incidents like this?

Is there something written into a contract that you get them to sign on the first visit or is it covered by some sort of implied contract?

Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: TDHP] #5919621
06/05/17 11:43 AM
06/05/17 11:43 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline OP
trapper
TDHP  Offline OP
trapper

Mass
Its rolled into the price and when its deliberately done its like double dipping =) It would be foolish not to include a trap cost on traps being placed on another property.

Everything I do and place on a job is accounted for in $.I enjoy trapping but I'm in it also to make a profit, especially on squirrel jobs. Our main goal as what ever you call adc guys around your parts, is to solve problems. When homeowners complicate this issue I have them refer back to the contract they signed before any trapping or exclusion work was done.

Smile, you're an expert!
Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: TDHP] #5919635
06/05/17 12:10 PM
06/05/17 12:10 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
TDHP, are things like this figured into and covered in your original price, or would something like this be added to their bill? Just curious really. I don't do any trapping around people's homes.

Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: TDHP] #5919687
06/05/17 12:57 PM
06/05/17 12:57 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline OP
trapper
TDHP  Offline OP
trapper

Mass
Yes the traps are covered in the original price. As stated everything I do and use has a price even down to bait and lure. It's like putting full coverage on your vehicle, you're not expecting to have a wreck. It's the what if factor that it covers. BUT, I'm flexible because not everyone can afford the service but really needs it done.

In reality that contract is useless if they really don't want to pay. I've been burned in the past, which is why I get money down or don't start until I do. I like to add it all into the price and get most of that upfront, because the addons are where it gets complicated for those who don't want to pay.

Smile, you're an expert!
Re: Trap modification squirrels! [Re: Aix sponsa] #5920820
06/06/17 01:02 PM
06/06/17 01:02 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
What protects you from incidents like this?

Is there something written into a contract that you get them to sign on the first visit or is it covered by some sort of implied contract?

An "implied" anything isn't worth a darn!

It must be written into the contract the customer signs....and make sure you explain to them that ANY damage or theft of your "tools" from their property will be charged to their account...easy peasy.

Had a woman do about the same to my Safeguard trap and she wanted to get me a Havaheart as replacement..said she could get 1 cheaper..I explained cheap traps don't hold up and I try and invest in decent equipment.
I showed here the phone # to call in my phone and she decided it'd be best if I did it.

Kinda glad I'm mostly out of the biz nowadays.

People think they "help" when in fact hurt the longterm outcome.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread