ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Where are the bats coming in to attic from..... #5919696
06/05/17 01:03 PM
06/05/17 01:03 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline OP
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline OP
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
......... are you kidding me?

Bat job I drove an hour to look at, I'm running 10 minutes late, so I call to tell the guy I'm running late

Oh, he forgot out appointment and is not home, well I'm close now so I decide to look at it and decide then what my next move will be

There are holes in the soffit, holes in the fasica and old holes filled with expanding foam. The place is on a real nice country lot, but the house reduces the value of the lot in my estimation

Any way, I decide to just write up a $489 proposal to "close the holes and install a batcone" Well it was a nice drive and I think he can figure out where the bats are getting in to the attic from

That was Saturday morning, and I haven't got a call yet. Oh darn

REALLY! How are the bats getting In my attic?

Flying in!!!!!

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Where are the bats coming in to attic from..... [Re: Michigan Trappin] #5919784
06/05/17 02:57 PM
06/05/17 02:57 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Just had a prospective client inspection who insisted for 45 minutes while I
looked at their home that the bats were living inside and I kept saying not here
you have a night roost for sure but no bats inside and no entry point here (rare).

Same day thankful had folks who not only had actual colonies where I'd expect but they
we're good with our maternity season black out and didn't need to be convinced.

Helped that both houses had either pups I could show them or in one case a pregnant big brown
that was roosting up on a beam in the living room when they arrived to the empty home for vacation!

We've had an up and down spring with temps still going down to freezing in some areas but maternity season
is rolling up high elevation as well as down low in warmer valleys.

Won't start excluding exteriors till after August 15th, lots of interior seals during summer where folks have bat entry
anyway and need to be secure till post maternity.

Had a call this week from one who already hired someone who blocked pups inside and several adults resulting in
some direct physical liability and some bad welfare outcome.

Sounds like your clients already tried to DIY his way out!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread