No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5920429 - 06/05/17 11:29 PM Andy Weiser's fund raiser.
USMC47 Offline

Loc: California
As most of you know by now, Andy had a heart attack today. He was flown from Dillon to Missoula on what is likely his first helicopter ride. I'm sure he regrets not being able to shoot coyotes during the flight but he did see some elk.

Doing some research showed me that a life flight in his area of Montana can cost up to about $30,000. The kicker, Andy doesn't have coverage for that. Then there are the expenses of having one or multiple stents put in his heart. I guess I'll save the jokes about going in through the femoral artery for later.

I started a fundraising go-fund-me campaign for Andy's life flight. Please tap to donate- https://www.gofundme.com/andys-life-flight/donate
You can paste that into your browser or someone smarter than a Marine can make it a link.

I'd also like to make a transparency statement here. I set it up so that ONLY Andy may withdraw. Only Andy will be able to see who donated as well. I reckon it's common sense but no donation is too small.

I've always known Andy to be a giver. Kids at a convention? He gives them lure. Kids at the house? Victor 1.5 and lure. First time trappers? He teaches. Auctions? He always gives - a lot. Please give back to Andy.

www.derricks-nm.com

www.montanatrappingsupplies.com

#5920432 - 06/05/17 11:31 PM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
USMC47 Offline

Paul was Air Force. He'll have to make that a link. This Marine doesn't have the G2.

www.derricks-nm.com

#5920439 - 06/05/17 11:39 PM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
Got'r fixed for ya.

#5920465 - 06/06/17 01:33 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

Loc: Oakland, MS
Did what little I could. Have more I would be happy to donate, sure hate that we can't do auctions here for members in need like we did for over a decade.... squeaky wheel and all.

Prayers for Andy.

#5920540 - 06/06/17 06:38 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
yoteguts Offline
trapper

Loc: central Illinois
Thanks John.

I'm itchin' to see a coyote twitchin'.

More trappin' and less yappin'.

Member FTA & USSA.

#5920542 - 06/06/17 06:40 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Jtrapper Offline

Loc: Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Yep Andy is ALWAYS there to help everyone else. Those copter ride's are EXPENSIVE, Donnie's was 46 grand! Just got done re negotiating that with them and getting it paid, they will come down ALOT if you call them and explain you don't have insurance.

#5920554 - 06/06/17 07:00 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
yodeldog101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt
I guess the chopper ride was gonna cost 38-45k. Wow. Maybe the link can get put on FB too?

#5920560 - 06/06/17 07:09 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Cooper58 Offline
trapper

Loc: Central MT
Thanks for setting this up John!

#5920578 - 06/06/17 07:32 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
USMC47 Offline

Maybe if y'all could use your Facebook to amplify this. I don't have Facebook.

www.derricks-nm.com

#5920595 - 06/06/17 07:47 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
RickA Offline
trapper

Loc: Hebron Nebraska
That guy is certainly one of a kind and has always been very generous to me. I'm in.

#5920601 - 06/06/17 07:52 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Tendertoes Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Nevada
Hey guys, ANY of ya who have a FB account, or even email addresses, can you maybe copy and paste the below and help spread the word? I tried to put something concise enough for a blast email, Facebook, or even mass texts. Ask your kids, guys. Twitter, snap chat, all that stuff nowadays .... spread the word, we can get more than 35k.

Our dear friend suffered a heart attack but Andy is tough as nails, so he's gonna be alright. He's one of the most giving people I know and now he needs our help. The medical expenses are going to be enormous with a life-flight on the bill. Please take a few minutes and click on the following link to make a donation directly to Andy in any amount you can comfortably afford. Every penny is blessing. Kind thanks. https://www.gofundme.com/andys-life-flight/donate

I think we ALL understand how tight cash can be, and not all of us who want to help will have a penny to spare, but we ALL can spread the word. That just takes a lil time. laugh

#5920637 - 06/06/17 08:16 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Medical bills can get out of hand in a hurry. One year I decided I'd go with the "low end" insurance, because "I didn't get sick." Plan changed January 1. Early February. BOOM. Acute pericarditis. Woke up at 4 am, and I thought I was having a heart attack. I remember thinking "There's NO WAY I am having a heart attack, I'm only 24 years old. Just to be safe, I better take some aspirin." It cost me $2700 to spend ONE night in the hospital with treatment, and I was dropped off by my parents. Who knows what his bills will be. Thanks John

Edited by Aix sponsa (06/06/17 09:12 AM)
Edit Reason: Details

#5920639 - 06/06/17 08:17 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Michael Morris Offline
trapper

Loc: Cole County MO
You aint kidding Aix, the birth of my son was about $4000 with insurance. Hope all ends well for Andy, sent some $ to help this great cause, thanks for setting it up John.

#5920689 - 06/06/17 09:20 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: yodeldog101]
10bands Offline
trapper

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
Originally Posted By: yodeldog101
I guess the chopper ride was gonna cost 38-45k. Wow. Maybe the link can get put on FB too?
Good grief! Couldn't he have borrowed a horse or something? Seriously though really sorry to hear this. I doubt Andy remembers me but I've met him at a couple conventions and at the end of one he just walked up and gave me a bottle of lure. I think it might have been because I happened to be within arms reach when the wind tried to take his canopy away not sure. In any case, its karma time for him. In a good way I mean.

#5920699 - 06/06/17 09:39 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

Loc: Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: USMC47
Maybe if y'all could use your Facebook to amplify this. I don't have Facebook.

It's circulating around over there pretty good.

#5920706 - 06/06/17 09:56 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Larry Sills Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa & Neb
Andy and I were scheduled for coffee here in Iowa for the FTA convention. Mr. Weiser I am telling you stay home! I had open heart surgery last November they found it early. AS a result I was not coyote bait as the next week I was heading west for a few months.

Andy is blessed they had a chopper and could get to him fast. Trust me being coyote bait would be no fun, and I have gone over that in my mind many times. For those of you in the east. Many times cell phone service is non existent on the line out west. Plus your anywhere from 5 to 100 miles from any ranch.

Andy my thoughts and prayers for you and you family. Ill be thinking of you in Manchester, Iowa. Stay home...Iowa does not want you here this time! You need to rest and no stress!!

BTW if there are any FTA board members listening, lets get a "Donation Jar" going in Manchester June 22-24th. If all skipped buying breakfast at the convention just one of the three days, its possible we could have a few thousand for Andy.

Same with the NTA board members during the Illinois event.

Edited by wolferman (06/06/17 09:57 AM)
Edit Reason: Too dumb and old

#5920726 - 06/06/17 10:25 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Tendertoes Offline
trapper

All done, Smalls.

https://www.facebook.com/yippin.yotes

Just Click Share! wink

#5920767 - 06/06/17 10:49 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
SWesternTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: New Mexico
My wife Henrietta and I were talking and we are also concerned about Andy Weiser situation do to his recent heart attack. So we want to help! With Pauls approval to post on trapperman. We will be donating 10% of every 11"x14" limited edition print of the painting I did of Andy's photograph he took of a coyote he trapped we sell at the conventions. Titled "Dodged a Bullet" price $55. May God bless you Andy, hope this helps.

Edited by SWesternTrapper (06/06/17 12:39 PM)

#5920776 - 06/06/17 11:06 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: USMC47]
Oakswamper Offline
trapper

Loc: ohio
TT I had to send a friend request to see the link. or I could just be dumb 50/50 chance on that.

Andy stay strong brother

#5920788 - 06/06/17 11:26 AM Re: Andy Weiser's fund raiser. [Re: Oakswamper]
Tendertoes Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Oakswamper
TT I had to send a friend request to see the link. or I could just be dumb 50/50 chance on that.

Andy stay strong brother

CRAP! I changed a setting, hopefully that worked. Thanks for the heads up. I promise I'll only post cool stuff (which of course is relative) laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >