No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5924972 - 06/11/17 03:13 PM Auction Andy
USMC47 Offline

Loc: California
Andy Weiser is a trapper's trapper. One of the hardest working men I know, he's been known for always giving. At conventions, he gives to all the kids. At fund raisers, he donates as much as the next guy. And when you visit, no matter who you are, you're invited in his home.

On June 5th, Andy had a heart attack. In denial, he still managed to make it to the post office to get a package off to a customer. He arrived at the emergency room where they called a life flight from Dillon to Missoula, Montana.

As a way of giving back, we're having "Auction Andy." This will help us reach our goal of helping pay for the life flight which can exceed 30k.

Andy is home and on light duty.

The auction will start on Friday the 16th of June.

The rules and website can be found here http://trappersauction.prophpbb.com

I will likely post items on this thread along with the website so that you can all see what's there.

The website doesn't require registration but will require you to enter your name or trapperman user name for each post. Easy peasy, yeah?

My only fear is that Andy will be 23 again and will catch all the yotes in MT before I move there.

Edited by USMC47 (06/11/17 03:14 PM)

www.derricks-nm.com

www.montanatrappingsupplies.com

#5925065 - 06/11/17 04:47 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
USMC47 Offline

Those wishing to donate an item(s), please e-mail a detailed description to yotetrapper30 (Angela) at yotetrapper@gmail.com

If it applies, pictures should also accompany the e-mail.

Also, if you require a reserve amount, let Angela know.

If not stated otherwise, we will assume the final price includes shipping to the lower 48 - paid for by the "seller."

Edited by USMC47 (06/11/17 04:51 PM)

www.derricks-nm.com

#5925078 - 06/11/17 05:10 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

Loc: Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: USMC47

The website doesn't require registration but will require you to enter your name or trapperman user name for each post. Easy peasy, yeah?

Hey y'all. The above is a must... if you don't type your name in the box before posting a bid, it will show up as "guest". No bids from "guest" will be accepted.

Y'all can message me here, or use my email posted above to send me auction items.

For those that attempted to use my last auction site and failed, this is a new one, and I hope it will be more user friendly than the last one was, lol.

#5925080 - 06/11/17 05:10 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
USMC47 Offline

So far, we have....

- Doug66 is donating 1 Dogless, Northwoods, 4 coiled, cast jawed, wire lever #4. Some surface rust but barely used - stock chain. Shipping included.

- Doug66 is donating 3 #3 Blake & Lamb double longs. Offset D-ring, baseplate, 3/16 outside lams with PIT pans, sterling swivel off of baseplate with 2 more crunchproof swivels and JC Conner shock sprang. ("Sprang" is just for the country folks). Shipping included.

- USMC47 will donate, and pay shipping on 5 4oz bottles of Weiser Lure - 20oz total. It barely catches a possum round some parts. But only because some parts ain't got possums.

- Wayne Derrick is donating a 4 day trapping trip/instruction. This trip will be out of a tent. In other words, you trap till you skin and you skin till you sleep and do it all over again. This trip will give you a new outlook on longlining. It may not be enough time to get a few hundred traps out, but you'll know how to if you go day by day on this line. I'll do my best to be there as well but I'm merely entertainment. Wayne has forgotten more about killing cats and coyotes than most will ever know. And he ain't forgotten much. Though this is negotiable, December or February would be best. December is coyotes with a chance at cats and February for cats with a chance at coyotes. I'll add that the winner of this donation will need to have a trapping license for New Mexico. I promise this will be some of the best cat or coyote instruction you'll ever get, you'll be setting traps - yours or ours if you're flying in. Disclaimer...you're responsible for brining your own smile remover. Any questions, PM me.

- USMC47 is donating an American flag that was flown on a pole over Camp Fallujah in 2005. It was flown for 1 day so it's in near new condition. It may have dust on it. It comes with a certificate signed by himself and the prisoner of war camp OIC. It survived a little..."stuff" and more Al Qaida Operatives were interrogated under it than you'd want to imagine. Nothing screams 'MURICA more than THIS hanging in your man cave or place of business.

- Andy Weiser donated a 5-7 day trapping instruction. All you gotta do is get there. You sleep at the house. Non-residents can trap coyotes so that'll be your main target. Smile remover will also be required. Drive in with your gear or we'll find arrangements and you use Andy's gear. Check regulations on wether or not you'll need a license and wether you're trapping or just learnin. Though most of November is open, it's preferred this trip be planned the first week of November.

- Sac Creek (Jeff) donated his Bear Super Kodiak Recurve Bow. 60" AMO, 55# RH. There's a $250 reserve but these bows sell for $525 to $550. Plus it's been owned by one of Kansas' best. I personally know very few men who are better and he's the father of an outstanding U.S. Marine. I take care of his kid in between visits.

- Bob Jameson is donating 4 4oz lures.

- Bob Jameson is donating 1 gallon of bait.

- Bob Jameson is donating 4 8oz baits.

Someone ask Sully about when he cleaned yote anal glands with Bob. Lmao!

- Jeff Laskowski donated a key chain made of deer antler but carved into an eagle. Angela will have a picture on the other site but I saw it and it looks like the eagle is flying in to bite a Taliban fighter. And screamed "yer welcome."

- Beartooth trapr (I call him grizzly teeth) is donating a hat, shirt, and a homemade skinning apron. Ms. V knows how to make an apron and grizzles has a bad to the bone chevy.

- Horn is donating a box of AT LEAST two full butcher sets of knives which will include an aluminum scabard, two boning knives, two butcher knives and a steel. He will then finish packing the box with more knives and maybe some other stuff. 

The stuff he will be sending is Reconditioned Packing house Equipment. There will be wear and flaws. He will Pick out the same stuff he and I use in our Fur shed and Kitchen.  I got a box of his knives this year. I'll never need another skinning knife. They come sharp already. If the winning bidder is attending either of the National Conventions NTA or FTA they can stop by his table and choose their own knives if they would like to. 

- Cass has donated a Case Sod Buster JR 3137 with a hand crafted leather belt case. I'm assuming Matt made the leather case. He does TOP notch work.

- etextrapper donated 1 dozen new MB550 closed jaw 2 coil traps for Andy's auction. He pays shipping in the lower 48. The reserve is $200. 

- TrapperGBus (Gary) jas donated 10 #1 vic. longs with helper springs installed and 2 1.5 vic longs. No reserve and he pays shipping.

- TrapperGBus has also donated 1 garment tanned northern male mink tanned by Moyles tannery. No reserve and he pays shipping.

- Lee Steinmeyer donated a three foot death ray. He will cover shipping but there is a $150 reserve. He will not ship till after the NTA rondy. He's a busy man and death rays are in high demand. Pictures may be seen on his site.
http://www.lptraplinesupply.com

- Mark Steck from Dakotaline donated a $100 gift certificate to his store. This will be an in-store credit (no actual certificate will be sent out).

- Saskbone has donated a case of 25 Cohiba Esplendido cigars. These were purchased in Cuba in February of 2017 and he'll pay shipping. I didn't take Saskers for a cigar guy. Hope he didn't get them from Bill Clinton.

- Boone Liane has donated 2 packages of lures and baits. Each package will contain:
1 pint fish bait
1 pint bobcat bait
4 oz "Range War" coyote gland
4 oz "Blackjack" food/curiosity lure

- Hagz (Eh Hem! A Marine himself) is donating 9 dozen of his brackets. 3 dozen Brackets, 3 dozen Spring Clips and 3 doz XL Spring Clips. These will be listed separately (1 doz at a time for a total of 9 auctions) and he is paying shipping.

- Mark Zagger has donated a spot at his sold out Coyote University. This event will be held in Central NY October 14-16th. More details to follow.

- Zambron has donated a really nice hand turned ink pen made of cherry burl and red dyed maple.

- Outlaw99 donated 2 brand new MJ600s. Umm, Nick, just send them here.

- Tim Caven of MTP has donated 1 dozen Bridger #4 double long "sprang" (for the country folk again). These are offset. Shipping is paid.

- Kevin Stake donated a commemorative FTA #0 Victor longspring engraved with Furtakers 1968-2008 on the spring, with the original box, shipping paid.

-Mchewk would like to donate the following:
2 used #2 coilspring traps....one is a #2 Montgomery round jaw stock but is DOGLESS.
The other is a stock #2 Bridger offset jaws 4 coiled. Both traps are strong and caught fur last year.

- Mchewk would like to donate the following:
2 used Tom Beaudette Custom Coil spring traps (Mr. Beaudette actually sent these traps out a few years back for an article he wrote and asked him to donate them afterwards so thanks go to Tom)
1 traps is a Circle C #33... regular trap levers but is a fully modified coil spring with the Coyote Cuff jaws, the. trap is in excellent condition....and has caught fur

1 trap is a Coyote Cuff #33....strong wire lever, modified coil with Coyote Cuff jaws....trap is used in excellent condition...and has caught fur.

Mchewk is Mike Marchewka. He writes several articles for trapping publications. I look forward to his articles in Fur Taker magazine.

- Minkguy has donated a free registration to Minktoberfest to the highest bidder. Dates are Sept 28 - Oct 1, 2017 and includes meals. Donation face value $200.

I've heard about this. Legendary stories come from this gathering. Look it up!

- Rick Olson is donating 3 collector traps (to be auctioned separately. One Northwoods #4 cast jawed dogless, one Victor 3n laminated w/ Myles trigger, and one MJ600. Shipping paid.

- Bucksnbears is donating 186 FFGs. Full sets of 1980 and 1983-1989 and some early 2000s issues. $120 reserve and BUYER pays shipping.

- Lawdog is donating 1 pint of his red fox gland based lure, shipping paid.

- Tom Fisher is donating 6 NEW KB 5.5 traps which are out of production, shipping paid.

- etextrapper (Rodney) is donating Weiser western lures and urine.
4oz bobcat gland and 1 pint bobcat pee.
4oz fox gland and 1 pint of fox pee.
4oz coyote gland and 1 pint coyote pee.
Shipping paid.

- yodeldog is donating an 11x14 Sharon Knight print of a bobcat. #23 of 300. No reserve as of yet.

- ***anonymous donated an item I can't list here. It will be listed on the other site and requires an FFL. It is valued at $1,800 And has a $1,000 reserve. It's loud and powerful but still can't stop a U.S. Marine....if he's behind 2" of steel plate.

- Bob1454 (another Marine) has donated 2 lightly used MB-750 wolf traps. No reserve. Winner pays $12 shipping.

- cagemaker (John) is onboard with a cat cage of their choice. 1800 swing door or 2000 roll in door. I own 7 of his cages. Top notch and they catch cat souls like magnets. John is paying shipping.

- CarlsonMink has donated 4 - 4oz jars of Weiser's lure. Winner picks. Shipping is paid for.

- Rpmartin is donating 4 offset 2 coil MB550s and 4 bags of logwood dye.

- RpMartin is donating 3 various used jump traps and 4 bags of logwood dye.

- RpMartin is donating a bag of 100 #9 snare swivels. He'll pay shipping on all items.

- Swtrapper is donating a limited edition print of a oil painting he painted of a photograph Andy Weiser took on his Trapline. 11"x14" Titled "Dodged a Bullet". He'll pay shipping.

- Neal Green would like to donate one of his stake drivers to the cause. It has a pointed end for berkshires or can be used on super stakes. All machined from one piece of steel with no welds to break. Though he doesn't typically sell them, they cost him about $60 to make.

- John Wilson (yes another Marine) would like to donate a Weiser Western Lures predator bag. Shipping paid. Predator trappers trapping from a vehicle, you'll kick yourself for not having used one earlier. It'll change your life.

- John Wilson would like to donate a Weiser Western Lures beaver bag. Shipping paid. If y'all haven't used one of these bags yet, you're missing out. Period. Makes an outstanding Cat Trapping bag when on foot.

- John Chagnon has donated 6 - 4 oz Lenon Lures of winning bidders choice shipped anywhere in lower 48. Choices at www.lenonlures.com

- F&T (Fur Harvester's Trading Post) has donated a $100 gift certificate to be mailed out to the high bidder. That, or USMC will give them you're name for a store credit.

- Adam Dowell is donating 3 Helfrich 440 Eliminators.

- Gary Cromp has donated a brand spanking new catch-all pole. 5 footer. One of these is $105.00 new. Shipping paid.

- Ron Miller has donated and is paying sipping on 500 rounds of Premium 22 long rifle Winchester ammo in a Special Edition Crate, should be worth $50 as shipping is about $30.

- Pistol has donated one of his hard sided beer (or soda) can holders. About as good as they get. Trap-aholic on one side and a yote track on the other. 12oz cans. I have one...his wide makes the decals and it's snazzy. Shipping is covered.

- Pistol has donated 3 decals of the dude peeing on something. We've all seen it. Up top, it says "going trappin'." Below are the letters PETA. To be auctioned separately. Shipping paid.

- Pistol has donated 3 camo coozies wit a trap on one side and "trapaholic" on the other. I have one of these and it makes bee.....soda taste better. Shipping paid.

- Dale Torma is donating 2 MB650 cast jaw traps. He's paying shipping.

- Chuckles84 is donating 3 #3 regular jaw Montana Specials and a 1 ounce bottle of Cavens Canine Force. These traps are new unused but may have some surface rust. Also they are the non base plated model. Shipping paid.

- Pistol has donated some more of the fine work he and his wife do. T-shirt and coozies combo. Sizes M-2XL. Shipping is paid.

- Paul Dobbins has donated 24oz of lure. Winner picks and he will ahip anywhere in the US.

- The Spruce has donated a cleaned and finished wolf skull. It will not be ready to ship until late summer as it is currently being cleaned by beetles. He will pay shipping.

- Paul Dobbins has donated one of his dad's BMI 1.5 soft catch. It still has his name tag affixed.

https://www.trapperman.com/auction/dadsbmi.jpg

- Paul Dobbins has donated one of Jim Spencer's Duke 1.5 coils he used on his mink line. It has his trap and name tag affixed.

https://www.trapperman.com/auction/spencertrap2.jpg

Edited by USMC47 (06/20/17 10:04 PM)

www.derricks-nm.com

#5925232 - 06/11/17 07:52 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
adam m Offline
trapper

Loc: nm
I can't wait until the items are posted can't wait to bid

#5925235 - 06/11/17 07:58 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
USMC47 Offline

Keep checking above. I keep adding to the post with the donated items.

www.derricks-nm.com

#5925242 - 06/11/17 08:00 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
ron miller Offline
trapper

Loc: Kanawha Co West Virginia
I couldnt get on there

#5925275 - 06/11/17 08:29 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: ron miller]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: ron miller
I couldnt get on there

What happened when you tried? Did you get any sort of error message or anything? Did you try the link from this post here?

Edited by yotetrapper30 (06/11/17 08:31 PM)

#5925316 - 06/11/17 09:00 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
wayne52 Offline
Crusty "Old" Wolfer

Loc: lea co new mexico
Hi 30. thanks again for all you do

#5925325 - 06/11/17 09:05 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
RightWayFur Offline
trapper

Loc: Sharp Co. AR
Link from this post works great for me...great job and kudos to John and Angela

#5925332 - 06/11/17 09:11 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: RightWayFur]
Tendertoes Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Nevada
Originally Posted By: RightWayFur
Link from this post works great for me...great job and kudos to John and Angela

x 2! It's also going round FB pretty fast from the looks of it, too!!! Word is spreading like crazy.

#5925555 - 06/12/17 06:21 AM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
yodeldog101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt
smile

#5925601 - 06/12/17 07:34 AM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
Jeff Laskowski Offline
trapper

Loc: Ryan, Oklahoma U.S.A.
Donated hand carved key chain eagle... (from whitetail deer antler)

#5925685 - 06/12/17 09:45 AM Re: Auction Andy [Re: yotetrapper30]
Kelly Offline
trapper

Loc: N. Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30
Originally Posted By: USMC47

Hey y'all. The above is a must... if you don't type your name in the box before posting a bid, it will show up as "guest". No bids from "guest" will be accepted.

Y'all can message me here, or use my email posted above to send me auction items.

For those that attempted to use my last auction site and failed, this is a new one, and I hope it will be more user friendly than the last one was, lol.

When I go to the link it requires Registration one log in?

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

#5925691 - 06/12/17 09:54 AM Re: Auction Andy [Re: Kelly]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Kelly
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30

When I go to the link it requires Registration one log in?

It shouldn't... I tried it from other computers to be sure you could post unregistered. That said registration is easy and quick so if you want, go ahead and register, I see most folks are anyways.

From this page... http://trappersauction.prophpbb.com/forum1.html click on the word Auction. That should open the only thread there so far... at the bottom you should see the words post reply. Click that, and you should then be able to make a reply on there without registering.

#5925703 - 06/12/17 10:20 AM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
Tendertoes Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Nevada
Hi ya Auction Peeps! Hope this helps! wink

You do NOT have to register, just following the link in Angela's post above and follow these steps.

HAPPY BIDDING AND DONATING!!! grin

Edited by Tendertoes (06/12/17 10:21 AM)

#5925775 - 06/12/17 12:41 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
David Morse Offline
trapper

Loc: Upstate NY
I got nowhere but I want to bid a few things

#5925778 - 06/12/17 12:49 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: USMC47]
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper

For anyone who's confused because you're not seeing items listed there yet, it's because they're not there yet, lol. The auction has not yet officially started. We'll let ya know once it has.

#5925812 - 06/12/17 02:06 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: yotetrapper30]
trappergbus Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Michigan
PM sent, Thanks
Registration complete

Edited by trappergbus (06/12/17 02:14 PM)

#5925839 - 06/12/17 02:42 PM Re: Auction Andy [Re: Tendertoes]
trappergbus Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Michigan
Thanks Cass, even an old dude can navigate that..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >