No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5930988 - 06/18/17 08:35 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Loc: Nebraska
My wallet is on the right.

Last time I got pulled over was for not having a sticker on a rental car. West Baton Rouge after the shooting. That Nervous Nelly had his hand on his gun the entire time and had me scared he was going to shoot me because of a sticker Hertz failed to put on a windshield. I kept talking in a calm voice and explained everything I was going to do. Reach into my right rear pocket for my license. Reach into the center console for the rental agreement.

I hope that dude calmed down a little since then or he's going to shoot someone over a sticker.

#5930992 - 06/18/17 08:41 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

By the way, he let me off without a ticket. But when I asked if I should go straight to Hertz at the airport and change cars he said, "No, nobody will pull a rental car over for not having an inspection sticker."

I wanted to say, "You just did, you moron." But he might have shot me.

#5930996 - 06/18/17 08:43 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
T-Rex Offline

Loc: MN >>>
When I get pulled over I always have my driver's license, vehicle registration, and carry card in hand, and hand over the package. I usually wait five minutes for a computer check and am told to carry on and get the directional, tail light, high center or whatever fixed.

#5930999 - 06/18/17 08:46 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
taser Offline
trapper

Loc: ontario canada
Originally Posted By: T-Rex
When I get pulled over I always have my driver's license, vehicle registration, and carry card in hand, and hand over the package. I usually wait five minutes for a computer check and am told to carry on and get the directional, tail light, high center or whatever fixed.

do they pat you on the head and say "good boy"?

#5931000 - 06/18/17 08:46 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

That was the first time I've been pulled over since 1985. I didn't realize you could get shot over an inspection sticker until now.

#5931004 - 06/18/17 08:52 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: taser]
T-Rex Offline

Originally Posted By: taser
do they pat you on the head and say "good boy"?
Nah! If they reached for my head, I'd probably consider it a threat. grin

#5931013 - 06/18/17 09:02 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
beltrami trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: northern minnesota
Normally thats what I had always done up untill last fall. I got pulled over at 1 am after working an almost 20 hour day, and proceeded to grab my wallet and my insurance card and wait. The officer came to the window with his gun already drawn stating he saw me "hiding" something while I got my wallet- while he was still in his car. I chuckled and explained that I had got my wallet and handed him my license. He basically called me a liar and said he wanted to search my vehicle. Ok I say and sit in his car while he searches to find nothing. I tell him there is nothing illegal or any guns in the truck but he wasnt satisfied. I then waited for a k9 unit to come search my work truck to find nothing. After over an hour at the side of the road these 2 guys acted like even bigger a-wads after coming up empty handed. They then proceed to tell me that "it was my lucky day" they didnt find anything. I kept my words to myself knowing one of these guys if not both might be a little unstable- smiled at both, wished them a nice night and jumped back in to my truck just shaking my head.- reason for being pulled over initially?? I was never given one! Wasnt speeding and had no lights on my truck out or anything so I still dont know- think they were just bored on a tuesday night

Edited by beltrami trapper (06/18/17 09:05 PM)

#5931022 - 06/18/17 09:15 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
T-Rex Offline

I know I would never give them permission to search. They can make one heck of a mess and even create damage.

If they really want to search; they'll have to get a warrant. I doubt any judge would give them that based upon "maybe saw him hiding something" from a remote vehicle.

#5931026 - 06/18/17 09:18 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Nah, then they might have "found" something.

#5931031 - 06/18/17 09:25 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: BuckNE]
T-Rex Offline

Originally Posted By: BuckNE
Nah, then they might have "found" something.
Probably true. Maybe an empty shotgun shell, or beer can from the previous weekend. Maybe a bottle of isopropyl alcohol that I use to sterilize my cooler containing medical specimens. Who knows what they might find and interpret as they like.

#5931050 - 06/18/17 09:48 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
I think what may be happening, slowly, is that our American culture is reciprocating the fear they see and sense in news stories concerning reactive law enforcement ending in shootings. I mean, if cops are jittery over a potentially armed citizen, it is only natural for the citizens to be jittery over a defiantly armed officer.

#5931057 - 06/18/17 09:52 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: FlyinFinn]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
I think what may be happening, slowly, is that our American culture is reciprocating the fear they see and sense in news stories concerning reactive law enforcement ending in shootings. I mean, if cops are jittery over a potentially armed citizen, it is only natural for the citizens to be jittery over a defiantly armed officer.

Well, that's pretty obvious.

A bunch of law abiding citizens are sitting here holding a conversation about how not to get shot while reaching for their license and registration.

#5931078 - 06/18/17 10:19 PM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
beltrami trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: northern minnesota
I know I would never give them permission to search. They can make one heck of a mess and even create damage.

If they really want to search; they'll have to get a warrant. I doubt any judge would give them that based upon "maybe saw him hiding something" from a remote vehicle.
I felt that since I had nothing to hide it would be quicker just to let him poke around and feel good about himself for a little while. Unlike those 2 officers I had already put in a 20 hour day and had to be back to work in another 5 hours. My work truck and tools couldnt sit in their possession for up to a week while it was destroyed to find nothing. I sure as heck wouldn't have been reimbursed for jobs lost or the time spent putting my truck back together after it was trashed.

Edited by beltrami trapper (06/18/17 10:19 PM)

#5932470 - 06/21/17 05:07 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
hippie Offline
trapper

Loc: pa

#5932509 - 06/21/17 06:31 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
danny clifton Offline
trapper

Loc: williamsburg ks
No way to know how accurate the article hippie posted is.

One thing I do know. Buck's, comment on a discussion to avoid being shot by LE while abiding by the law, is pretty telling on the state of LE in our country.

Beltrami, is posting about sitting in a squad car because consenting to a search is easier than refusing.

what is happening to our country?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#5932519 - 06/21/17 06:53 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: beltrami trapper]
Tweed Online   shocked
trapper

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: beltrami trapper
Normally thats what I had always done up untill last fall. I got pulled over at 1 am after working an almost 20 hour day, and proceeded to grab my wallet and my insurance card and wait. The officer came to the window with his gun already drawn stating he saw me "hiding" something while I got my wallet- while he was still in his car. I chuckled and explained that I had got my wallet and handed him my license. He basically called me a liar and said he wanted to search my vehicle. Ok I say and sit in his car while he searches to find nothing. I tell him there is nothing illegal or any guns in the truck but he wasnt satisfied. I then waited for a k9 unit to come search my work truck to find nothing. After over an hour at the side of the road these 2 guys acted like even bigger a-wads after coming up empty handed. They then proceed to tell me that "it was my lucky day" they didnt find anything. I kept my words to myself knowing one of these guys if not both might be a little unstable- smiled at both, wished them a nice night and jumped back in to my truck just shaking my head.- reason for being pulled over initially?? I was never given one! Wasnt speeding and had no lights on my truck out or anything so I still dont know- think they were just bored on a tuesday night

How long did it take for the K9 to come?

The supreme Court ruled that a reasonable time to be stopped without being considered detained is less than 20 minutes.

#5932525 - 06/21/17 07:02 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: danny clifton]
hippie Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: danny clifton

One thing I do know. Buck's, comment on a discussion to avoid being shot by LE while abiding by the law, is pretty telling on the state of LE in our country.

Beltrami, is posting about sitting in a squad car because consenting to a search is easier than refusing.

what is happening to our country?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How accurate?
It's the dash cam video and shows more than the girls who ya'll been basing your posts off of.

The cop seemed calm until he reaches for his gun., After being told NOT to reach for it.

Edited by hippie (06/21/17 07:04 AM)

#5932534 - 06/21/17 07:15 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
Tweed Online   shocked
trapper

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
He was reaching for his ID, split second later he emptied clip into a citizen legally carrying.

Cop knew he screwed up by screaming "f*c" over and over again.

The cop seemed untrained and not psychologically suited for the job. Another work place death.

#5932535 - 06/21/17 07:18 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: T-Rex]
hippie Offline
trapper

Why was he reaching for his ID? Cop didn't ask for it.
Cop said three times to NOT reach for his gun.

#5932538 - 06/21/17 07:24 AM Re: Philandro Castile [Re: hippie]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Originally Posted By: hippie
Originally Posted By: danny clifton

How accurate?
It's the dash cam video and shows more than the girls who ya'll been basing your posts off of.

The cop seemed calm until he reaches for his gun., After being told NOT to reach for it.

The whole "reaches for his gun" thing has me confused.

Apparently he reached for his wallet. The cop said he saw "something dark" in his hand, but one article I read said the paramedics found his gun in his pocket.

So if that is accurate, the guy got shot reaching for his wallet, not his gun.

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >