ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: AirportTrapper] #5938159
06/28/17 05:16 PM
06/28/17 05:16 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: AirportTrapper
I no longer charge per animal. I give a flat rate based on my overhead and profit I want to make. Head count can cost you money. Like when a homeowner calls and the mother raccoon has moved on because they beat on the walls. Or landowner shoots the beaver so you don't catch as many. Too many things to vary as said that will determine what YOU should charge. Good luck

Bingo

Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5938193
06/28/17 06:23 PM
06/28/17 06:23 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Pricing surely can be tough. Lots of variables. After a while you can price it so you don't short yourself. I still don't really know how to deal with chipmunks because they are small and to me insignificant so I don't charge a lot. I guess most charges should be by the trip, mileage, time spent in setting, resetting and not by the animal. With beaver for local I do a set up and a per beaver charge, but for long runs I just give them a dollar amount per trip, take it or leave it. Beaver used to be a job, walking the ponds, canoeing, lots of time that I don't now spend very often. Many roadside repeats can be set in a minute or two, even new jobs, real money makers even when the price is not high. Some beaver jobs with a pair may start to finish take a few hours total and less than an hour of work, one check. Saw squirrels mentioned. Not a guy that does a lot with bait, I sure do love baiting dumpster squirrels, bazillions of them sometimes. Don't know where they all come from. Made a makeshift transfer box so traps can be reused. Squirrels fire out of the cages like a rocket, fun to watch.

Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5938415
06/28/17 10:47 PM
06/28/17 10:47 PM
Erie, PA
SifordOutdoorZ Offline
trapper
SifordOutdoorZ  Offline
trapper

Erie, PA
Michigan trapper hit the nail on the head if your doing this as a business you have to be able to pay yourself and all your overhead. It takes time to figure it all out the longer you do it the easier it gets. This is my third year in business and I'm now full time still working out undercharging but you have to get away from pet animal charges. We are a very specific service and in most cases the only one in a town so think of it that way.

Sifords Wildlife Services
Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5942353
07/04/17 12:02 AM
07/04/17 12:02 AM
N.C MO
T
TONY.F Offline
trapper
TONY.F  Offline
trapper
T

N.C MO
I live in a rural area the people here are smart enough to go to the big box stores and buy a cheap hava hart catch their nuisance coon drive a block away and release it lol only to have it return the same nite twice as hungry, I have caught a few nuisance coons here in town that have been caught so many times their heads are bald from fighting the cages! NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY DID NOT RETURN THAT NITE!!

LIVE LIFE LIKE THEIR IS NO TOMMORROW
Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5946516
07/09/17 11:08 AM
07/09/17 11:08 AM
eastern, CT
scott k Offline
trapper
scott k  Offline
trapper

eastern, CT
First don't base your business rates by what the competitors charge. Your need and operating expenses may be entirely different. Remember this you can stay home and make no money you don't need to work at it. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5946568
07/09/17 12:22 PM
07/09/17 12:22 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline
trapper
bob pake  Offline
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
If there is not much driving involved. I charge $100 set up + $150 for three days of trapping , with the customer helping me out by checking traps and reporting capture. If my feet leave the ground I charge accordingly , Beaver more.
Removing animals for me is pretty close to a money looser, nothing more than a foot in the door to do the necessary structural repairs.
Being a great trapper is okish . Being a great people person salesman is important. Most people have is back asswards.

Re: ADC Pricing Advice [Re: ahb70] #5946584
07/09/17 12:40 PM
07/09/17 12:40 PM
N.C MO
T
TONY.F Offline
trapper
TONY.F  Offline
trapper
T

N.C MO
I cant their is no competition for over a hundred miles! You guys that do it for a living what insurance do you recommend that will be the biggest factor on chargin. All the other costs can be covered easily enough. Short of something catastrophic like theft or a natural disaster! If a home owner in this day and age don't understand fuel and cost of living exspenses they shouldn't be calling to hire someone in the first place. If I decide to do this I want to do it rite the first time. And by that I do not mean I will go out and buy a fleet of new trucks and a building. I sleep easier nowing all the legal aspects are covered and covered again. insurance, taxes , those are the silent killers.That and spending beyond your means

LIVE LIFE LIKE THEIR IS NO TOMMORROW
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread