No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5952092 - 07/16/17 07:04 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: danny clifton]
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper

Loc: Ky
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
They may pan out in the future. Nothing new is ever what it will be ten years down the road. Have to build and drive a few before improvements will be made.

The problem I have is government subsidies. There won't be a need for subsidies when electric cars become feasible. The development would happen without subsidies.

X2 Demo's pushed them thru congress right along with the 8 plus million solar company that filed bankruptcy before it opened.......

#5952109 - 07/16/17 07:20 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
BillyTraps Offline
trapper

Loc: eastern washington

#5952113 - 07/16/17 07:22 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
addictedangler Offline
trapper

Loc: cumberland co, Pa
Here is the problem. Someone tells you you are stupid for buying brand X car. Then make a political statement. I guess we could do the same with Trappers and there equipment.
Example:
Billy buys a dozen sterling traps for X dollars. How stupid could he be? He could have got the Dukes for 1/4 the cost. Catching $10.00 animals in a $30.00 trap. Can you believe those dumb trappers buy pee. How stupid are they? Billy spent $500.00 on gas and equipment to catch $300.00 in fur. Stupid !I can go on but I think I made my point.
Some people just need to grow up and try to be respect full. Buy the way I am one of those dumb trappers so perhaps you can jump on me for that also.

#5952132 - 07/16/17 07:36 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Scout1 Offline
trapper

Loc: Western N. Carolina
Just buy a good quality 35+ mpg 4 cylinder car. $5.00 a gallon gas, won't like it but will pay it. $30.00 a gallon, I'll stay at home and fight the masses and hoards of looters!

#5952144 - 07/16/17 07:47 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Gary Benson Offline
trapper

Loc: Sandhills Nebraska
Unfortunately, nobody wants to be truthful anymore and both sides lie to improve their stance. We'll likely end up in another civil war. Or, like some former politicians...folks who disagree with them turn up dead.
BOSSELMAN truck stops in Nebraska are talking about charging stations for electrics and quoted 45 minutes to charge a battery so they need to do a bit more research as well.

#5952146 - 07/16/17 07:49 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Gary Benson Offline
trapper

Someone showed electric trucks, which may pull a trailer around a factory as a shag truck, but will never make it on the road.

#5952176 - 07/16/17 08:16 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
BillyTraps Offline
trapper

Loc: eastern washington
$30 gas....a dream come true, no more traffic !

<smile>

#5952182 - 07/16/17 08:25 PM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper

Loc: SE Minn
If gas goes to $30 coon would be 150.00 each. lol

#5952345 - 07/17/17 12:58 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
cmcf Offline
trapper

Loc: Wyoming
One thing that NEVER gets mentioned. A Brit that has a weekend radio show about cars called car gab and owns two or three repair facilities. Says the electric cars are very heavy and require specific type of tires. And they wear them out much quicker. Very spendy.

#5952348 - 07/17/17 01:31 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Calvin Offline
trapper

Loc: South metro, MN
Good one Addicted...

Ya...what if gas goes to $30 a gallon? I will love the 40mpg focus even more then. I'm on my 3rd one. And what if Martians come down and stick us all in cages and feed us gravel? Paranoid much?

So I can buy 2 new gas powered Focuses for less than my buddy's wife made him buy a Chevy Volt for and have several grand leftover...and that's a bad thing?

$3,600 for a replacement battery is suppose to be a good deal? who knew?

"Recycle the batteries"...Love it. I suppose they just turn all those worn out batteries into puppies smile

Honestly, I hope they get this electro thing figured out one day. We're not there yet tho...not even close. People are getting rich selling this stuff to the Greenies, however.

#5952349 - 07/17/17 03:10 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
elkaholic Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
2017 Chevy Volt
News & World Report
MSRP: From $33,220
Range: 53 mi battery-only, 420 mi total
Battery charge time: 13h at 110V, 4.5h at 220V
Battery: 18.4 kWh 300 V lithium-ion
Horsepower: 149 hp

#5952364 - 07/17/17 05:55 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
addictedangler Offline
trapper

Loc: cumberland co, Pa
2017 Chevy bolt: $30,248.
Also take the rebate of the price
First line when you go to Chevy volt on your computer.

It is about the lies being posted. Read the first post.I guess Americans are not entitled to buy whatever they want. Hope you enjoy your Focus. However,what is the warranty on your Focus batteries? Yes good deal if you are familiar with warranty and the mechanics of them!
Why try to just twist the facts? This post is only a political post. And the information was not even close to correct. Information came from a Fox News reporter.

#5952403 - 07/17/17 06:57 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
lebowski Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
know someone who has a volt. His electric bill went up the same he saved on gas. He is not saving a dime.

Thing is his fuel costs would be the same in a $16,000 car not the $35,000 volt he is driving.

Edited by lebowski (07/17/17 07:00 AM)

--Abraham Lincoln

#5952404 - 07/17/17 06:58 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: Calvin]
lebowski Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
well said. We are not there yet. I hope technology gets to that point but electric technology is not cost effective yet.

Originally Posted By: Calvin
Ya...what if gas goes to $30 a gallon? I will love the 40mpg focus even more then. I'm on my 3rd one. And what if Martians come down and stick us all in cages and feed us gravel? Paranoid much?

So I can buy 2 new gas powered Focuses for less than my buddy's wife made him buy a Chevy Volt for and have several grand leftover...and that's a bad thing?

$3,600 for a replacement battery is suppose to be a good deal? who knew?

"Recycle the batteries"...Love it. I suppose they just turn all those worn out batteries into puppies smile

Honestly, I hope they get this electro thing figured out one day. We're not there yet tho...not even close. People are getting rich selling this stuff to the Greenies, however.

Edited by lebowski (07/17/17 06:59 AM)

--Abraham Lincoln

#5952467 - 07/17/17 08:45 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper

Loc: central ohio
Hope they get it done. I'm not falling for it yet. I'm not rich.

It's not a good deal.

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

#5952509 - 07/17/17 10:01 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: danny clifton]
ScottW Offline
trapper

Loc: Barnum & Finland, MN
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
They may pan out in the future. Nothing new is ever what it will be ten years down the road. Have to build and drive a few before improvements will be made.

The problem I have is government subsidies. There won't be a need for subsidies when electric cars become feasible. The development would happen without subsidies.

The development would likely happen without subsudies, but not nearly as quickly in my opinion. Money could be spent on much worse things, so I try to look at it glass half full. Like many have said, electric vehicles (whether partial or full electric) are not yet the total cats meow......but someday MAY be. I don't understand why some folks are so dismissive of the idea that moving away from fossil fuels could possibly be a reality and have benefits to almost all involved. If I could buy a truck that ran on electric, went twice as far, and cost half as much to operate I would do it in a heartbeat and know most other sane people would also. Will that day come? I have no idea, but I hope so.

Gary Benson, you are exactly right. With just about whatever topic you want to discuss/argue, you can read whatever study you want from whatever source you want to get the information you WANT. Bits and pieces of all of it are true, some more than others. It's the same thing with politics, nobody is willing to admit when they are/have been wrong.

I don't think we have a large enough sample size to even come close to determine the realities of electric vehicle feasability on a large scale. Technology is developing and changing so rapidly as far as batteries and other components go that it will be hard to get any kind of definitive hardcore sample. Even recycling or battery materials can develop.

I figure it's kinda like traps and trapping methods. Things change, develop, go forward, go backward, fail, succeed, and such. I think the world is better having the MB750 and CDR7.5 for beaver rather than many previously used alternatives, why can't cars change but improve?

Happy trapping! ScottW

ps, I hate change to!

#5952520 - 07/17/17 10:13 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: addictedangler]
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: addictedangler
2017 Chevy bolt: $30,248.
Also take the rebate of the price
First line when you go to Chevy volt on your computer.

It is about the lies being posted. Read the first post.I guess Americans are not entitled to buy whatever they want. Hope you enjoy your Focus. However,what is the warranty on your Focus batteries? Yes good deal if you are familiar with warranty and the mechanics of them!
Why try to just twist the facts? This post is only a political post. And the information was not even close to correct. Information came from a Fox News reporter.

And exactly what LIES are you pointing out. THE "REBATES" is what the big complaint was about. IT IS A FEDERAL SUBSIDY. Paid by ALL Americans. Laws that the Obummer adm passed thru when they had control.

Plus as far as the price quoted I will put it to rest today. I live 2 miles from one of the biggest chevy dealers in KY. I'm going to get a price quote and will update the price .

#5952543 - 07/17/17 10:37 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Gary Benson Offline
trapper

Electric cars may be the answer in cities where folks have a short commute...and the populated areas are where the pollution is the worst. However you will never see an electric semi on the interstate or a farmer working ground with an electric tractor.

#5952572 - 07/17/17 11:11 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper

I have one question for you addict. How many of theses great cars do you think they would sale if there was NO Federal subsidy. If they are such a savings the smart Americans would buy them just on savings alone....

#5952593 - 07/17/17 11:48 AM Re: REAL cost of an ELECTRIC car. [Re: jbyrd63]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Loc: On a Boat
Ok as far as batteries go, just a little example of how they work. They do not have 100% efficiency. That means, in order to charge a say 10 kw/h capacity barrette, you will have to use around 14 kw/h to fill the thing. The rest is lost through internal resistance ( heat ) you may have noticed that they get warm when getting charged and when getting discharged at a high rate. As most electrickery here is produced by means of fossil fuels, you are just offsetting the pollution. instead of blowing it out of the exhaust of your car, you are blowing it out of a power station smoke stack. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
So if you have a short commute to work and want to "save the planet" , get a bicycle.
If you want to achieve something similar using an electric vehicle, plaster your roof in solar panels and stick a wind generator in your garden. But the first duck that gets whacked by those blades will have the tree huggers up in arms or some other tin foil hat group will want to burn you at a stake.

Edited by Scuba1 (07/17/17 11:57 AM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >