No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5951990 - 07/16/17 04:11 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Computer Hater]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio, 48yrs old
Originally Posted By: Computer Hater
Pick up the tab for a full 4 years of college you old Scrooge!! grin grin grin

Hunter always thought of you as a "Great Uncle or was it Grandfather", anywho.......I'll have T.U. Send you his tuition bill. Might as well figure on 5yrs, he's a lot like his mother. wink

#5951992 - 07/16/17 04:12 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Boco]
taser Offline
trapper

Loc: ontario canada
Originally Posted By: Boco
$100 unless your a cheap skate.

Boco is used to undeserved handouts.......

Edited by taser (07/16/17 04:12 PM)

#5952003 - 07/16/17 04:34 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Computer Hater]
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Loc: Central Pennsylvania

LOL, I don't think that is necessary, I think they each got a scholarship, the one has a full ride. She is going to play powder puff football at Ohio State.

Edited by Nittany Lion (07/16/17 04:35 PM)

#5952006 - 07/16/17 04:47 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
DelawareRob Offline
trapper

Loc: DE
If you are close to that great-niece and they are a good student with good character I'd give $100.

$50 for just average family members making it through the easy part. Good luck to your great-niece.

#5952014 - 07/16/17 05:08 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
Computer Hater Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Nittany Lion

LOL, I don't think that is necessary, I think they each got a scholarship, the one has a full ride. She is going to play powder puff football at Ohio State.

Buy her a new 2017 car then. College kids need wheels you know!!

Pasadena, if he thinks of me as his great uncle, how come I never see him or he doesn't call me?

#5952016 - 07/16/17 05:11 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
jabNE Offline
trapper

Loc: Hickman, Nebraska
Geez I was getting $20s in cards for my high school graduation in early eighty's and kids are still only getting $20s?

grin

Edited by jabNE (07/16/17 05:12 PM)

#5952036 - 07/16/17 05:50 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
I only got a five dollar bill from uncles and aunts when I graduated in 1963. I didn't even get an invitation to the commencement ceremony. There are two of them. I mailed them each a card with a fifty dollar bill in it over a month ago, I did not get a thank you back so I thought maybe they thought I was cheap.

Edited by Nittany Lion (07/16/17 05:50 PM)

#5952057 - 07/16/17 06:23 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
KeithC Offline
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
I only got a five dollar bill from uncles and aunts when I graduated in 1963. I didn't even get an invitation to the commencement ceremony. There are two of them. I mailed them each a card with a fifty dollar bill in it over a month ago, I did not get a thank you back so I thought maybe they thought I was cheap.

You're not cheap. It sounds like they are just ungrateful, unless the $50.00 bills disapeared in the mail, which does happen when cash is involved.

Keith

#5952065 - 07/16/17 06:31 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
elkaholic Offline
trapper

Loc: PA

They may have just not gotten around to writing them out yet. When my son graduated high school, and his early July party, I think he finally got them all sent out in mid September. He would write a couple a day/week, then every month send them out.

#5952107 - 07/16/17 07:17 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
jk Offline
trapper

Loc: Williamsport, Pa.
Next week for too. My neicelette niece's daughter, I see her every other year at best. Will test her with $100, Have given her $50 at X-mas time each year. we will see her response........jk(high school Grad 1960)

#5952149 - 07/16/17 07:51 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
charles Offline
trapper

Loc: Asheville, NC
Wife and I give hand trucks to graduates. At their age they will move about once per year and the hand truck will be worth its weight in gold before they retire. Especially good for college bound students.

#5952225 - 07/16/17 09:13 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper

Loc: AR

Sadly, that's just young people today. They may not even know how to send something through the mail. lol

#5952227 - 07/16/17 09:15 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: charles]
KeithC Offline
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted By: charles
Wife and I give hand trucks to graduates. At their age they will move about once per year and the hand truck will be worth its weight in gold before they retire. Especially good for college bound students.

That's an excellent idea Charles.

Keith

#5952261 - 07/16/17 09:46 PM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio, 48yrs old
I've given graduation cards with money and have never received thank you cards from a few kids. Kind of a let down but what can ya do. The one thing I made sure of when my son graduated and received gifts or money was, that he have all of his thank you cards written and mailed within two weeks of his party. I figure those folks didn't hesitate to give him money and he shouldn't hesitate to say thank you.

Randy, you never see him because you never come see him play ball. I know, I know you're to busy being "semi" retired. Lol
Heck, when I call ya, you're always on the golf course.

#5952347 - 07/17/17 01:18 AM Re: Appropriate graduation gift [Re: Nittany Lion]
Scout1 Offline
trapper

Loc: Western N. Carolina
Send her five $2 bills. Tell her they are rare and to hold on to them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2