No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5952247 - 07/16/17 09:38 PM Dyeing traps in humid weather
possumcatcher Offline
trapper

Loc: SE Nebraska
I just got a job lined up for harvest and this is when i do most of my trap prep. However i have this week off. I thought i could get ahead and get my traps dyed, but i thought i herd before that the humidity didnt go well wkth the dye. I use the longwood dye, and it is very humid where i am. Will the humidity mess with the dye or will i be fine doing it now?

#5952271 - 07/16/17 09:51 PM Re: Dyeing traps in humid weather [Re: possumcatcher]
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper

Loc: AR
I would think boiling in logwood would be fine. The cold dips that use gas are the ones that I have heard of people having trouble with drying.

#5952322 - 07/16/17 10:54 PM Re: Dyeing traps in humid weather [Re: possumcatcher]
trapperbill Offline
trapper

Loc: Kansas
You should be fine with the logwood dye. Just don't wax em.

#5952581 - 07/17/17 11:27 AM Re: Dyeing traps in humid weather [Re: possumcatcher]
possumcatcher Offline
trapper

Loc: SE Nebraska
Ok thanks. I started gettin them sorted and tagged so i can wash and then dye them