No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5960108 - 07/26/17 11:29 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Loc: Nebraska
That doesn't work either. In Genesis the Sun, Moon, and stars aren't created until Day 4. We know that isn't true because the Earth was formed from matter circling the Sun. The Sun couldn't come after the Earth.

#5960122 - 07/26/17 11:46 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

The fact is, I used to be part of a star. Part of me was, anyway. All the heavier elements. They were formed through fusion within a star. That star underwent a supernova billions of years ago and I got blasted out into space. Later, a bunch of the elements gravitated toward each other until they became our Sun and started the fusion process all over again. Other elements, like mine, went into orbit around that Sun and eventually became a planet. And here I am.

And in my view, God was guiding the whole process along the way with the end product (me) being the whole point of it all.

That 13.8 billion years meant nothing to God. Time has no meaning for Him. He's outside of time. Heck, He invented it, along with space. 13.8 billion years or a nanosecond, it's all the same to God. Later, some old dudes writing by oil lamp who didn't have any concept of science whatsoever, who hadn't even discovered iron, came up with this theory that God blinked it all into existence in 6 days. God said, "Ok, go with that. You wouldn't understand how I really did it."

#5960153 - 07/26/17 12:35 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
So, God can guide all of creation, but he can't guide the writing of his book? LMBO.

And it makes a lot more sense then believing you are stardust, but hey, whatever mythical story floats your boat.

#5960156 - 07/26/17 12:38 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: BuckNE
That doesn't work either. In Genesis the Sun, Moon, and stars aren't created until Day 4. We know that isn't true because the Earth was formed from matter circling the Sun. The Sun couldn't come after the Earth.

Yeah, because that would have been too hard for a Being with no limits.

#5960177 - 07/26/17 12:55 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: PAskinner]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Originally Posted By: PAskinner
So, God can guide all of creation, but he can't guide the writing of his book? LMBO.

And it makes a lot more sense then believing you are stardust, but hey, whatever mythical story floats your boat.

Mythical story floats MY boat? Did you really just type that? ROFLMAO

#5960203 - 07/26/17 01:26 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Loc: MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

Then where did the light come from in verse 3 if not from the sun?
If only 1 flood and verse 1 is the earth as we know it today after a single world-consuming flood, what is the explanation for the dinosaurs?
You can't explain away the visible proof of a number of strange creatures that preceded Moses.

#5960264 - 07/26/17 02:35 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Trapper7]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Originally Posted By: Trapper7

Then where did the light come from in verse 3 if not from the sun?
If only 1 flood and verse 1 is the earth as we know it today after a single world-consuming flood, what is the explanation for the dinosaurs?
You can't explain away the visible proof of a number of strange creatures that preceded Moses.

You'll have to ask the folks who believe in the unerring accuracy of Genesis.

It says God made the light in verse 3 on the first day Then you get to verse 14 and it says God made the Sun and the Moon on day 4.

Just as odd, it says God made the vegetation before he made the Sun. I guess the guy who wrote Genesis never heard of photosynthesis.

#5960277 - 07/26/17 02:51 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Could the light have been Jesus Christ? John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." Jesus is referred to as the "light".

Apparently, God was not alone in the beginning: Gen 1:26 "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness."

#5960286 - 07/26/17 03:00 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Trapper7]
Kart29 Offline
trapper

Loc: Hancock Co., Indiana
Could the light have been Jesus Christ? John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." Jesus is referred to as the "light".

Apparently not in the mind of someone who is unable to think inside a single alternate paradigm.

#5960291 - 07/26/17 03:08 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Trapper7]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Apparently, God was not alone in the beginning: Gen 1:26 "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness."

Later, in verse 14, John says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." No doubt about who John is referring to.

#5960296 - 07/26/17 03:14 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland

#5960302 - 07/26/17 03:19 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Trapper7]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Verse 3 says God made the light. Are you proposing that God made Jesus on day one?

#5960320 - 07/26/17 03:48 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Good grief, Buck, did you really write that God made Jesus? I thought you knew your Bible better than that!

#5960322 - 07/26/17 03:49 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: PAskinner]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Good grief, Buck, did you really write that God made Jesus? I thought you knew your Bible better than that!

No, I did not. Can you read?

I asked him if HE was saying God made Jesus, since he proposed that the light mentioned in verse 3 might be Jesus.

READ

#5960327 - 07/26/17 03:54 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Nothing was made with out him. In him and through him were all things made. Can't get much clearer than that.
The Trinity is all through the Bible, even though the word Trinity is not used.

#5960328 - 07/26/17 03:55 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Verse 3 says God made the light. Are you proposing that God made Jesus on day one?

He is called God's Son. I don't have any other idea of who "WE" or "OUR" would be. Paul referred to Him as God's only begotten Son.

#5960330 - 07/26/17 03:57 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: PAskinner]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Nothing was made with out him. In him and through him were all things made. Can't get much clearer than that.
The Trinity is all through the Bible, even though the word Trinity is not used.

Don't explain it to me. I didn't propose the theory. I merely asked if I was understanding his theory correctly.

#5960337 - 07/26/17 04:05 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Who says I'm talking to you, Stardust guy? Take a chill pill and go talk to your moon rocks.

#5960338 - 07/26/17 04:05 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
bhugo Offline
trapper

Loc: Flint, Michigan
This thread is amazing.

#5960341 - 07/26/17 04:07 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Trapper7]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

[quote=BuckNE][quote=Trapper7]Could the light have been Jesus Christ? John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." Jesus is referred to as the "light".

He is called God's Son. I don't have any other idea of who "WE" or "OUR" would be. Paul referred to Him as God's only begotten Son.

We and our seems to be a pretty obvious reference to the three person Godhead. Father, Son and Spirit.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >