No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5958634 - 07/24/17 06:49 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
jwill Offline
trapper

Loc: wyoming
So yes, you believe a form of the gap theory, not 24 hour days.

#5958691 - 07/24/17 08:02 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Loc: Nebraska
No, the Gap Theory proposes that there was a period of time between Genesis 1.1 and Genesis 1.2, but that the rest of it is chronologically accurate. I don't believe that. I believe that Genesis describes a sequence, and was never meant to be used as a calendar.

#5958708 - 07/24/17 08:21 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Chancey Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Texas
I happen to think the gap theory has some credibility. Especially when one realizes that in Hebrew, the word "was" could also translate as "became". This theory helps explain the fall of Satan because the Bible does not say when he and the other angels fell; however, we know that he (Satan) was in Eden with Adam and Eve.

This theory also helps explain to me at least the confusion of the sun and moon not being made until the fourth day in Genesis. If the sun was not created until the fourth day, then there is no way that we can definitively say that the earth was created in six 24 hour days.

But, Genesis is not the problem. The problem is Exodus 20:11. In Exodus, God clearly makes it known while giving the 10 Commandments that He wants us to understand that the earth was created in six days......lots of stuff to think about. Chancey

#5958714 - 07/24/17 08:27 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Even the Catholic Church has given up on defending the indefensible, and now supports the theory of guided evolution, along with a Big Bang created by God.

#5958727 - 07/24/17 08:33 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
HobbieTrapper Online   happy
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: Chancey
I happen to think the gap theory has some credibility. Especially when one realizes that in Hebrew, the word "was" could also translate as "became". This theory helps explain the fall of Satan because the Bible does not say when he and the other angels fell; however, we know that he (Satan) was in Eden with Adam and Eve.

This theory also helps explain to me at least the confusion of the sun and moon not being made until the fourth day in Genesis. If the sun was not created until the fourth day, then there is no way that we can definitively say that the earth was created in six 24 hour days.

But, Genesis is not the problem. The problem is Exodus 20:11. In Exodus, God clearly makes it known while giving the 10 Commandments that He wants us to understand that the earth was created in six days......lots of stuff to think about. Chancey

Why do you find Exodus so definitive?

#5958735 - 07/24/17 08:41 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: HobbieTrapper]
Chancey Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper

My reasoning behind it is because I believe it was written by Moses himself; as well as, all of the Torah.

#5958736 - 07/24/17 08:44 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

What evidence is there that the Torah was written by Moses?

#5958743 - 07/24/17 08:49 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Chancey Offline
trapper

The evidence I use is in the New Testament. Jesus Christ confirms that Moses wrote the Torah; however, if one does not believe in Jesus I guess the point is moot.

Edited by Chancey (07/24/17 08:56 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar/mispelling

#5958745 - 07/24/17 08:50 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast Oklahoma
For as long as I can remember the Pentateuch has been attributed to Moses.

Not saying that ends the argument, but that has been the standard for a while.

Mike

#5958750 - 07/24/17 08:55 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
"Chippendale Trapper"

My reasoning behind it is because I believe it was written by Moses himself; as well as, all of the Torah.

Perhaps Moses overlooked there was no Sun in the beginning?

#5958751 - 07/24/17 08:55 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

The evidence I use is in the New Testament. Jesus Christ confirms that Moses wrote the Torah; however, if one does not believe in Jesus I guess the point is mute .

No, Jesus alludes to Moses writing PART of the Torah, but never says he wrote the entire Torah.

#5958756 - 07/24/17 08:56 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
"Chippendale Trapper"

The evidence I use is in the New Testament. Jesus Christ confirms that Moses wrote the Torah; however, if one does not believe in Jesus I guess the point is mute .

You can't believe in Jesus and believe others can be mistaken?

#5958763 - 07/24/17 09:00 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Chancey Offline
trapper

"Perhaps Moses overlooked there was no Sun in the beginning?'"

Then how do we reconcile Exodus 20:1 where it is clear that God spoke to Moses the 10 commandments?

#5958764 - 07/24/17 09:01 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: HobbieTrapper]
Chancey Offline
trapper

You can't believe in Jesus and believe others can be mistaken?

Do you believe Moses was mistaken when he wrote the 10 commandments?

#5958765 - 07/24/17 09:01 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: BuckNE
Even the Catholic Church has given up on defending the indefensible, and now supports the theory of guided evolution, along with a Big Bang created by God.

You mean the church that has through the ages had more un Biblical and extra Biblical doctrines than any other Christian Church? This is not a reflection on Catholics, but the church has often strayed far from the simple truth of scripture.

#5958770 - 07/24/17 09:04 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: PAskinner]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Originally Posted By: PAskinner

You mean the church that has through the ages had more un Biblical and extra Biblical doctrines than any other Christian Church? This is not a reflection on Catholics, but the church has often strayed far from the simple truth of scripture.

And Protestantism has carried it along. Take the ending of Mark, for instance.

#5958771 - 07/24/17 09:05 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast Oklahoma

It also says there was evening and morning and that was the first day. How you have evening and morning without sunrise and sunset is hard for me to comprehend, but that's what it says.

I also don't necessarily subscribe to a gap theory. But something is definitely left out...

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth." The Hebrew word that is translated as "created" literally means "made perfect."

"Now the Earth was without form and void." The Hebrew word that is translated as "void" literally means "a waste."

From "perfectly made" to a "waste" or "desolate waste."

What happened?

Mike

#5958772 - 07/24/17 09:05 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
Chancey Offline
trapper

No, Jesus alludes to Moses writing PART of the Torah, but never says he wrote the entire Torah.

When Jesus was preaching in Galilee, what Bible were the Jews reading?

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" - John 5:45-47

#5958775 - 07/24/17 09:08 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: Chancey]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

When Jesus was preaching in Galilee, what Bible were the Jews reading?

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" - John 5:45-47

Like I said, Jesus alludes to Moses writing PARTS of the Torah. He never says Moses wrote the whole thing.

#5958793 - 07/24/17 09:16 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Want to know how I know Moses didn't write the entire Torah?

Deuteronomy 34.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >