No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5958207 - 07/24/17 07:13 AM NASA scientist and aliens
jwill Offline
trapper

Loc: wyoming
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-h...gn=blog20170723

When you reject God, you grasp at straws.

#5958218 - 07/24/17 07:42 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Loc: On a Boat
Of course this comes from a completely " site LOL
Watch much CNN as well ??

#5958227 - 07/24/17 07:56 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
jwill Offline
trapper

Come now scuba. Never said site was unbiased. (If that is what you were saying, Spell check?). However, I do think NASA terminating someone for creationist tendencies is absurd. Everyone has a worldview which they adhere to, I get that. But why be afraid of creationism and allow aliens? Maybe NASA has a big screen with star trek reruns playing 24-7.

#5958232 - 07/24/17 08:00 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: RV6]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: RV6
There are a growing number of highly accredited scientists from all over the world that have signed joined a movement to show skepticism for Darwin and the theory of "Evolution". Apparently they're tired of hearing the lie that "99 percent of scientists agree" or whatever propaganda is being pushed.

Here's the list as of 2016, it's 23 pages of fine print names and degrees... Pretty impressive. https://www.discovery.org/f/660 or Google "dissent from darwanism"

I would like to point out that the link doesn't subscribe to the 6 day creation described in Genesis, but merely says they don't believe evolution is random.

#5958240 - 07/24/17 08:16 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Did they fire him because of that ?? As we don't know the circumstances of it, I'll be a bit skeptical about it. But if the guy was like wan of the watchtower toting folks, trying to ram his belief down his co workers throat at every opportunity, I would have fired him as well. Just saying.

#5958244 - 07/24/17 08:20 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

Sounds to me like the guy wasn't fired for believing what he believed, but for becoming a massive PITA to his colleagues.

Edited by BuckNE (07/24/17 08:20 AM)

#5958268 - 07/24/17 09:01 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

That is what I was thinking.

Had a customer once with a few gremlins in his nav systems. He was sitting next to me giving me the sales talk about god and just went on and on. I ended up telling the guy to get god to fix his boat and to let me know when he gets there and I would lend him one of my multi meters.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against folks that have a belief in whatever religion. I just don't like it when they try to shove it down my throat non stop.

#5958285 - 07/24/17 09:53 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
addictedangler Offline
trapper

Loc: cumberland co, Pa
Perhaps some need to understand a little about the man and his company.
Answers in Genius: A christian apologtics parachurch organization that totally does not believe in evolution of man.
Column writer: Kan Ham.Owner of the organization know for improper activities. One was swindling the good people of Kentucky out of millions of tax dollars by selling Ark Encounter land to himself for $10.00 to avoid taxes.Perhaps a little home work and many will see this is a very strange group and leader to say the least. I would take anything written by them with a grain of salt!

#5958290 - 07/24/17 10:03 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
jwill Offline
trapper

Addict, do you have any legitimate sources for youre accusations? At least to swindler portion. Of course he does not subscribe to evolutionary teaching.

#5958291 - 07/24/17 10:04 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

I would like to point out that the theory of evolution, itself, does not deny the hand of God in the evolutionary process. It merely describes the process. The theory of evolution does not deny the existence of God, but it does deny a 6 day creation.

#5958303 - 07/24/17 10:26 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
addictedangler Offline
trapper

Loc: cumberland co, Pa
Yes I do Jwell!Go online and look his name and company up. There are several sites that state it. Not just one hard to believe site as mentioned in this post.

#5958316 - 07/24/17 10:49 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
jwill Offline
trapper

LOL addict. Yeah, rational-wiki and huff post seem legit to me. smirk

#5958320 - 07/24/17 10:54 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: BuckNE]
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: BuckNE
I would like to point out that the theory of evolution, itself, does not deny the hand of God in the evolutionary process. It merely describes the process. The theory of evolution does not deny the existence of God, but it does deny a 6 day creation.

I agree. Evolution and Creationism are not mutually exclusive.

Mike

#5958323 - 07/24/17 10:56 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
BuckNE Offline
"Dirk Studmuffin"

addictedangler got something right, for once.

Williamstown was going to charge Ham's for-profit company (along with every other for-profit tourist attraction in town) 50 cents a ticket to pay for added costs of fire and ambulance services for all the tourists flocking to town. To avoid it, Ham sold the Ark for $10 to a non-profit company he runs to get around the fee.

#5958335 - 07/24/17 11:17 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Seems to me if a scientist promotes belief in an alien that can create a program that we all exist within, then he is promoting his religion.

It also would seem that his theory does nothing to prove of disprove God, even if it was true. Who created the alien?

#5958336 - 07/24/17 11:20 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: PAskinner]
Tom cat Offline
trapper

Loc: Indianland sc
Originally Posted By: PAskinner
Seems to me if a scientist promotes belief in an alien that can create a program that we all exist within, then he is promoting his religion.

It also would seem that his theory does nothing to prove of disprove God, even if it was true. Who created the alien?

God did..

#5958339 - 07/24/17 11:24 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
EdP Offline
trapper

Loc: meadowview, Virginia
From the article: Dr. Terrile reportedly said, “We can all be the creation of a cosmic computer programmer as opposed to a God.”

This is no more or less than putting out an idea to make people think. Nowhere does the article quote Dr. Terrile as saying he believes it to be the case, but the article's author says the Dr believes it to be the case. The Dr. only said that it is one of a myriad of possibilities. So what we have here is FAKE NEWS.

#5958350 - 07/24/17 11:49 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Of course it is fake " news" hence me pointing out CNN

#5958352 - 07/24/17 11:58 AM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
GritGuy Offline

Loc: Magna, Utah
There is no news any more, cause nothing is new, only talk of whats to be due from what was going on because of someone knowing something about some one else's problems.

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

www.wasatchwild.com

#5958393 - 07/24/17 01:17 PM Re: NASA scientist and aliens [Re: jwill]
PAskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
I still don't see how saying we may be the invention of a cosmic computer programmer is any different than saying we may have been invented by God.

Almost sounds like the scientist is a believer in Intelligent Design but just afraid to say it out right.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >