ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5976697 - 08/15/17 09:46 PM Bald Faced Hornets
MB750 Offline
trapper

Loc: Idaville, Indiana
Received a call from a friend of mine the other day. seems some hornets have a nest right outside of one of his rental houses. The hornets stung his tenant & put him in the hospital overnight. He asked if I could remove them. I generally don't do bug jobs, but decided to go for this one. I went over tonight & took care of the problem. Now I'm wondering just what I should charge for the service. Any ideas?

#5976779 - 08/16/17 02:47 AM Re: Bald Faced Hornets [Re: MB750]
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper

Loc: NM
The only thing I'd suggest is if you don't already have an applicators license, most states consider commercial entities (pest control, wildlife control) who would use any product even one a homeowner can buy off the shelf, to require a license.

The statement often said is "if you spray for pay, you need the license."

You may already be licensed, just putting it out there, first time I heard that was years ago now, thought that was crazy, but of course thinking it sounds crazy doesn't change the state laws on pesticide application.

#5976781 - 08/16/17 03:10 AM Re: Bald Faced Hornets [Re: MB750]
Budfish Offline
trapper

Loc: Des Allemands, Louisiana
No need for a license if he wrapped it in a plastic bag and brought it home to deal with it.

if a job for a regular stranger, I would say $120. Maybe cut a friend or a vet a little bit of a break.

Edited by Budfish (08/16/17 03:12 AM)

#5976799 - 08/16/17 05:30 AM Re: Bald Faced Hornets [Re: MB750]
MChewk Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Illinois
Like Bud said...except I would be at 150 to start.

#5977083 - 08/16/17 12:49 PM Re: Bald Faced Hornets [Re: MB750]
Hoppytrapsfur Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Florida
Years ago I had an applicator license. Used Demon, a dust. Kills them in there tracks!

#5977327 - 08/16/17 05:55 PM Re: Bald Faced Hornets [Re: MB750]
warrior Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Not just spray. Many states, like Georgia, include mechanical methods as well.