ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6000497 - 09/16/17 04:37 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
TDHP Offline
trapper

Loc: Massachusetts
Aye tha'd be my line! cry good grief

#6004233 - 09/20/17 02:20 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
coonhuntingkid Offline
trapper

Loc: lima ohio (NW) 20 y/o
The big t-rex rat traps attached to a short 2x4 or 2x6 work well for rats

#6004361 - 09/20/17 04:35 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Any of you EVER try bodygrips like 55s or 110s for rats? How did it work out for you, and did you use standard wires or added pans?

I know snap traps are the standard, I'm just curious

#6004432 - 09/20/17 05:40 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Desert Southwest-CA
I use t-rex traps as well...as long as I wire them so they don't disappear, they work great! I got my fingers broken in a wooden rat trap a few years back...so I won't use those ever, ever again-small hands and wood rat traps just don't mix-at least not for me. :-) I've never tried body grips...

#6006055 - 09/22/17 02:10 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: Aix sponsa]
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
Any of you EVER try bodygrips like 55s or 110s for rats? How did it work out for you, and did you use standard wires or added pans?

Guess not

#6006114 - 09/22/17 03:04 PM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
trappergbus Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Michigan
Standard wire 110s work, set the trigger on the last notch and start it so it moves free a bit like for mink. Set blind

#6006574 - 09/23/17 01:31 AM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: Aix sponsa]
TDHP Offline
trapper

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa

Illegal to use here without a permit and would be best used for muskrats with the regs that are in place. Jmo, those traps aren't practical for most applications when it comes to Adc work for rats. More of a preference thing than effectiveness. The majority of places where rat traps need to be placed in order to be successful in regards to time and catch volume those traps wouldn't cut it. Bigger liability risk when dealing with children and pets at the residence as well.

I too at times like to use certain methods and traps to do a job because I like that method or trap. If you run two traps along side by side on the same job you can get a feel for how effective one is over the other. (Pros&Cons) Those traps would be out trapped by standard rat traps and ultimately you risk losing money on the job. For the simple fact of trap placement and running time.

#6006766 - 09/23/17 09:45 AM Re: Barn rat trapping. [Re: run]
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper

Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of using BGs, but you're right, I think snap traps would be much quicker and easier to set.

I still think these are a good idea for certain situations, but they're probably more of a squirrel trap setup than a rat trap....
https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/NBRBG25WB.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2