ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5983472 - 08/24/17 12:59 PM OOS
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
Was over in Evart this past week end and was talking with one of the vender and he said he sets his OOS mole trap above ground. The ground has to be firm. Takes a spade and cuts where the jaws go and pushes the soil down where the pan goes. Has any of you mole trappers set you OOS traps that way?

#5983506 - 08/24/17 02:04 PM Re: OOS [Re: Getting There]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
Sure did and still do. The soil depth with the tunnel has to be shallow enough to do so successfully. Shallow runs that are obviously raised up above the ground surface area are an easy set up with no digging. Just do pilot cuts for the jaws to fire unobstructed and its all good.

Make sure the trap jaw tips are anchored well into the bottom base of the run and that the trap jaws when placed into position straddle the run. Establishing proper trap depth of the jaws is very important to ensure a good catch. Doesn't take much.

I use to teach that method to students "primarily" years back before the Albano traps were available.

#5983511 - 08/24/17 02:09 PM Re: OOS [Re: Getting There]
Jonnytrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Maine
That's how I do them in my yard but the runs are really shallow. Like Bob said, just anchor the jaw tips.

Edited by Jonnytrapper (08/24/17 02:10 PM)

#5983669 - 08/24/17 07:36 PM Re: OOS [Re: Getting There]
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
Great tip. Will save a lot of time too!

And I'm sorry that spell ceck slotered what I typed, but I'm sure u all can figure out wht I typed!!!!

#5983924 - 08/25/17 07:24 AM Bat removal [Re: Getting There]
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
Anyone in the Oceana county that do bats removal? Get a few calls a year. I do not do bats. Most job are home owners.